Start by marking “Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)” as Want to Read:
Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)

Light in the Shadows

(Find You in the Dark #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  16,084 ratings  ·  1,282 reviews
How do you keep going when you feel like your life is over?

Maggie never thought she’d see Clay again. So, she attempts to put her life back together after her heart has been shattered to pieces. Moving on and moving forward, just as Clay wanted her to.

Clay never stopped thinking of Maggie. Even after ripping their lives apart and leaving her behind to get the help he so de
Published March 26th 2013

·  16,084 ratings  ·  1,282 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

PHENOMENAL! I was in love with this story from the first word, until the very last.

"For those searching for the light... Never stop."

I can't even tell you how much I needed this book after finishing book #1 Find You in the Dark. FYITD was one of the absolute best books I've ever read and I felt so connected to the characters and drawn into the story that, honestly, my world was just not complete until I was able to read this book.

This book kept me up till 5AM. I just had to read it in one si
Christy
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5+ I <3 CLAYTON REED STARS!!!

The thing about shadows is that they’re not all darkness. You need to have light to have shadows. So just look for it.

Clay and Maggie’s journey continues...

photo 65e4c562-b646-4a04-a672-b398f5fc4e3a_zps12fa6e4a.jpg

photo f75faf53-5fa7-42db-a4bc-a85e32d6a7a7_zpsbd9566cc.jpg

Find You in the Dark was one of my favorite books of 2012. I fell in love with Clayton Reed... and I loved Maggie too :D I have been waiting and waiting for this book, and it was worth the wait!!! Now, back to Find You in the Dark- The ending was crazy... (view spoiler)
Debra

♥ 5+ WONDERFUL, MESMERIZING, EARTH-SHATTERING STARS. ♥

"The thing about the shadows is that they're not all darkness. You need to have light to have shadows. Just look for it."

After how the first part of the series ended I just HAD to know how the story of Maggie and Clay would continue. Therefore, I'm extremely glad that I waited to read this series until the second part was released. Just like the first one, Light in the Shadows made me feel *so many emotions*. It was heartbreaking, sad and
Annie Brewer
FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU WALTERS AND KIM FOR AN ARC!!!!

5 UNBELIEVABLE*FANTASTIC*SUPERB*EMOTIONAL*BITTERSWEET*PHENOMENAL* STARS!!!!!!

Okay, well I've put off writing my review long enough. It seems when it comes to this series, my emotions will never be the same. These books are just too incredible for words, it's hard to think about them without shedding so many tears. Tears of joy for the outcome of this beautiful story. Tears of heartache for all these beautiful characters had to endure. Tears
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 LUMINOUS Stars

"When I was drowning, she became my air. In the cold, she became my warmth. In the dark, she became my light.”

description

Darkness' true meaning is the absence of light. But it takes both for stars to shine, for shadows to comfort you, cloud your mind and relieve the burden in your soul. Light and darkness, forever entwined. Healing and loving, scabbing over wounds and mending the pieces of broken hearts.

description

Picking up, where Find You in the Dark left us almost "dead", this second book in the ri
Smitten's Book Blog

Noooo!!!!

No, there was no cliffhanger, I just sooo did not want this series to end.

"I love you, Maggie May Young. Always and forever." And then my mouth touched hers and I felt my future begin.

I stumbled upon Find You in the Dark by chance when I saw someone else's review, and never expected it to pack such a punch. I didn't realise that the first book had a cliffhanger when I went into it, and I remember being so completely floored by it.

"Our heads have a nasty habit of ruining what can
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kim Bailey
Thank you to everyone who showed their love and support for me after I finished Find You in the Dark. I love you all and I feel blessed to have bonded with everyone over books.

After my personal heartbreak, at the end of the book one, I knew I had to finish this series. My driving force was I needed Clay to have the HEA my friend, Bill, never got.

Clay and Maggie's persevered through the darkness to find little glimpses of light in the shadows. Even though they stayed together their lives will
BookHeroin
* 5 EARTH SHATTERING STARS*
Lets start this by saying you can't read this without reading Find You In The Dark.

Just cut it all away. One slice and you’ll feel better

Maggie Young

Clayton Reed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This series blew my mind, broke my heart, made me smile, cry, and laugh. I was honored to read the heartbreaking journey of Clay and Maggie , this wasn't simply just a book! millions of teenagers are going through what Clay has been going through everyday and Depression, suicide and cutting are seriou
Lise *friends don't flag*
Shelves: waiting, abuse, ya-na
description

"Healing and endurance. And most of all courage. I finally felt, after all this time, that I was mastering these qualities."

When I read and reviewed FYITD, this is part of what I wrote:
This heartbreakingly real and gut-wrenching portrayal of a young man suffering crippling mental illness and his journey of survival through the love and salvation of a young woman totally gutted me; I fell completely and deeply in pain and in love with Clay and Maggie.

I thought about their story for a long time
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

"The thing about the shadows is that they're not all darkness. You need to have light to have shadows. So just look for it”

One word to say about this series: Wonderful. And to add more words: heartbreaking, powerful, lovely, cute, dark, fascinating, feelings crusher, and so much more. And Light in the shadows is a fascinating and beautiful sequel to Find you in the Dark. And it's definitely one of my favorites now.

"“You are everything good in my life. Even when I
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: favorites

"For those searching for the light…"
"Never stop."

"Over six years ago I met a girl who saved me. I didn’t realize at the time, mostly because her attitude pissed me off, that she would become the most important thing in my life"
"But then I got to know her and when I was drowning, she became my air. In the cold, she became my warmth.”
"In the dark, she became my light,”"

Wow! God knows how long I've been waiting for this book! I was an absolute wreck after Find You In The Dark.

"The choices we make
Mo
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Over six years ago, I met a girl who saved me .... I got to know her and when I was drowning, she became my air. In the cold, she became my warmth..... In the dark, she became my light."

Sigh. Well this was a rocky road to travel with the beautiful and troubled Clay and the fantastic Ms Maggie May. I will admit that I was disappointed with Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1) by A. Meredith Walters but really, really wanted to find out if Clay and Maggie got their pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It was a tough road. You could feel the depths of C
Kim Bailey
Thank you Meredith Walters ... for giving this story and these character no easy answers, no quick fixes ... instead they've been given hardships, depth and substance.

Along with it's predessesor, this book took me on an incredible journey. It was emotionally exhausting. There were points of total darkness. But, just as the title would elude ... it was the light in the shadows that made the whole thing so very, very worthwhile.

I don't think I'll ever forget this gorgeous story ... Definitely one
Jennifer Kyle
description

Light in the Shadows is a well done and completely believable conclusion to the book Find You in the Dark by A. Meredith Walters. It possessed pain, beauty, courage and light.

This book is written in alternating povs which gifted the reader the full scope of emotions both of our main characters felt from the first page. Their fears, anxiety, insecurities and most important a full look at what it’s like to struggle and live with mental illness. I related to Maggie, I to love someone who looks for
.Lili.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This is a hard story for me to rate because I felt such a connection to it. When I was younger I was in a relationship with someone who was depressed and had substance abuse problems. I felt Maggie's and Clay's pain as if it was my own. I thought that Ms Walters' portrayal of the chain of events that took place were realistic. I know first hand the patterns that take place. The love, the worry, the guilt, and the feeling of hopelessness. The feeling that you are not enough and the wondering of
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4.5 Beautiful STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This story was heart achingly beautiful. So much has changed since the first book, and I am so happy to see the growth in both Maggie and Clay.

After the way the first book ended--which in my opinion was for the best--I absolutely needed to know i
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Brilliant! The only word for this book. 5++++++ stars. Awesome book happy dance going on here.....

"In the dark, she became my light."

This is a story of unconditional love, a story of trials in the face of mental illness, a story of healing and hope. Maggie and Clay have endured so much pain and turmoil in the face of his mental illness, it seems no relationship could survive it- at least not in any healthy way.

This book starts right up where the first book left off. Clay is living in an inpatie
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This review was posted at Angie's Dreamy Reads!!

Win an eBook copy of this book by clicking on the link above

4.5 INCREDIBLE STARS

Monisha
♥ 5- WONDERFUL, MESMERIZING, AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL, EARTH-SHATTERING STARS. ♥

After reading the first book in this series Find You in The Dark I was completely in love with A. Meredith Walters writing and characters. The first book left me in complete agony wanting to know how Maggie and Clay were going to heal from what they had just experienced with each other, and how Clay was going to be able to put his life back together and overcome all of the SERIOUS issues that plagued him.

"My feelings abou
Kirsty
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
*3.5 stars*

I really, really hate it when I don't like a book half as much as all my bookie friends did, but that's what happened here with LITS. I can't put my finger on what it is I don't like about this series but I felt the same with FYITD too. Maybe it's Maggie, or the fact it seems way too long with too much inner dialogue. I don't know. It just doesn't work for me.

Anyway.. I love Clay ALOT. One of the only reasons I continued with this series is because I wanted Clay to find his HAE. I do
Shell The Belle
FOUR HEART-WRENCHING STARS

Firstly, what a FANTASTIC book cover!! This is exactly how I picture Clayton Reed!

Well, I have to admit, i really loved this book. In a way, I didn't want it to end. I found that I liked it a lot more than Find You in the Dark. I don't usually like stories with a strong illness storyline, and in this case it is mental illness. Clay self harms, and at times it has been near fatal. But this story, this story just had me hooked from book one, and this second is better stil
Catarina
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“For my whole life, all of my love.”

This story picks up a few months after Clay sent Maggie the letter telling her to be free and move on and after he has been admitted in Greystone for treatment.
He is miserable but still thinks that he made the best option letting her free and that she’s way better off without him and his problems. The thing is… Maggie didn’t move on. She’s in a bad place without him and doesn’t know or want to move on from Clay.
Until the day that an unfortunate event make
Bren
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OH HOW I MISSED YOU CLAY....

my song to clay and maggie.. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rc...

Suzana
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it

"That's All" Ash
…’Cause I am hanging
On every word you say
And even if you don’t want to speak tonight
That’s alright… alright with me.

‘Cause I want nothing more
Than to
Sit outside Heaven’s door
And listen to your breathing…

[image error]

-:- FOUR ASTRONOMICAL STARS! -:-

When we last left Clay and Maggie… all Maggie was left of the scarred boy was the memory of him with thick bandages on his wrists, laying in a hospital bed; and a good-bye letter fluttering in her hand.

And thenLight in the Shadows begins.

Clay is n
Kim Person
Shelves: beta, arc
I DISTINCTLY remember the day I got the ARC for Light In the Shadows! I was a HUGE fan of Maggie & Clay's from Find You in the Dark and to receive an ARC for this one left me well.............................

and when I was able to recover from my little episode I was..........

obviously I was BEYOND excited to see what would happen with Maggie & Clay especially after the end of Find You in the Dark! The book opens with Clay's POV and we see that he is in an in-resident treatment center tr
K
☆☆☆☆☆ 5 Light From The Darkness Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

After reading the "cliffhanger" of the first novel in the series, I just HAD to find out how the story of Maggie and Clay would end! Therefore, I'm very pleased that I waited til Meredith Walters was done with this 2 part series. Similarly to the first one, I stayed up all night reading this. I never put it down. I felt so many em
Chris- Bookaddict
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I fell in love with Maggie and Clay in Finding You in the Dark. As dysfunctional as I thought they were, I knew they would over come their shadows and there would be a light at the end of their tunnel .

This Book Was Incredible , It gave Maggie and Clay their light at the end of the tunnel and I enjoyed the journey to that light with them both.

This was one hell of a bumpy road , but it was also the most amazing journey I had ever been on with a book series . The healing, the trying to cope in
Aimen
*5 LIGHT AND DARK STARS*

So...wow. This book definitely got to me in all the right places. I mean I'm still struck by that super-duper-epicly-fantastical HEA so I will try to write a good review. My thoughts are all over the place but here goes.

"In the dark, she became my light.”

This is the second book to the series Find you in the Dark. The first book I could only give 4 stars because of some pretty big issues. For one thing, Clay had some really annoying anger issues. Like one minute he was al
AJ
ABSOLUTE FREAKING PERFECTION!

This book gave me everything that I wanted! It picks up the story several months after the ending of Find You in the Dark, and we get both Clay and Maggie’s POVs as they struggle to pick up the pieces of their lives and move on after the shattering events of the last book.

Clay and Maggie are apart for the first part of the book. Both desperately trying to find a way to move on without each other. When a tragedy brings him home to Davidson, they are thrust back into
Why is nobody talking about Jake?? 1 5 Aug 25, 2016 09:59AM
Thank god for this book 10 84 Jan 25, 2014 06:16AM
Buddy Read Zone: Light in the Shadows 104 60 Mar 28, 2013 03:36PM
It's my favorite time! ARCs!!!!!!!!!!! 33 145 Mar 23, 2013 11:30AM
Cover reveal this Thursday!!! 8 60 Jan 30, 2013 11:38AM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Finding Never (Tasting Never, #2)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Restore Me (Wrecked, #2)
  • Going Under
  • Running Barefoot
  • Breaking the Wrong (Sloan Brothers, #2)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Enlightened (Red Flags, #2)
  • Connected (Connections, #1)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Wounded
  • White Walls (Asylum, #2)
  • Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Forever (Sempre, #2.5)
The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Contemporary and New Adult romances including the Bad Rep, Find You in the Dark, Reclaiming the Sand, and Twisted Love series.

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1CkvffQ

Twitter: @AuthorAMWalters

Instagram: a.meredith.walters

Website: https://ameredithwalters.com

Find You in the Dark (2 books)
  • Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark, #1)
“The choices we make in our life don't have to define us. It's what we learn from them that's important.” 104 likes
“Forgive. Such a small word. Only seven letters but they carry the weight of the world.” 98 likes