Start by marking “Edge of Disaster (Edge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Disaster (Edge, #1)

Edge of Disaster

(Edge #1)

Adult Contemporary Romance--Not appropriate for younger readers.

Alexia Hammond, broken and destroyed by a tragedy she can’t seem to recover from, is on a downward spiral toward destruction. A life of partying, alcohol, drugs and men has brought her near the edge of disaster. That is until one night while at work as a waitress in an upscale restaurant, she falls under the s
Published December 19th 2012 by A.M. Hargrove

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Disaster

Start your review of Edge of Disaster (Edge, #1)
Sheri
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I have a new boyfriend. His name is Pearce. Don't tell my other boyfriends – they get jealous.

So…what I love about this book (besides that cover!)-
I love Alexia. Though a bit too immature for her age at times, she was a fun character. She's been through some tough times and let them get her down, but ultimately, with the help of a great friend and great guy (my boyfriend) is able to begin to pick herself back up and get her act together again.

I love Pearce. Yummy, sexy, rich, sweet, romantic…oh
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
★★★★! A story about love and healing, with a tragic, but strong heroine and an amazing hero.

I had put this book aside a couple of times. I had thought/felt it was going to be a “heavier” story, and I wasn’t in the mood. But after having read it I promise you “Edge of disaster” has sorrow, but it also has much, much joy! For me it ended up being a “feel good story”.

The description above is really all you need. Alexia Hammond [28 years/waitress-personal assistant/dark brown hair/brown eyes] is a v
A. Bookzilla.
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
I might as well DNFed this one for how much I skimmed over the second half.

The book started out so good, I was reading it with a friend and we were gushing about it, first - the blurb sounded really good, this girl on self-destruction path and a guy who saves her, and second - the beginning really was good. But then things just got...not so good. I finished this just to see who kidnapped her and why, because that was so completely random I needed to know the reason behind it.

The characters are p
Tana
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Edge of Disaster by A.M. Hargrove

Edge of Disaster is written by one of my favorite authors A.M Hargrove, A.M’s writing is fantastic, this story if full of romance, suspense and tragedy. The Edge of Disaster to me is a story about second chances, about making mistakes and learning to forgive yourself and move on from your past. I loved that A.M. Hargrove can write YA science fiction series then a moves over to the adult science fiction genre and now shows us she can also write in the adult contem
Saunders
Jan 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
The opening chapter of the Edge of Disaster showed promise.

Alexia Hammond wakens with a hammering headache sandwiched between “Beavis and Butthead” and the remnants of their partying - a razor blade, a short straw and a dusting of coke that was all that was left. After throwing up the remnants of her stomach she escapes and calls her friend Terri to pick her up.

We find out that Alexia is broken by the death of her boyfriend. Something she seems unable to move on from. Her life revolves around
Belle
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Completely unrealistic and seriously rushed...

This book was a meh book for me. I mean, yeah definitely some scenes were really sweet and romantic - i loved some of the interactions between Pearce and her - but these scenes were not enough to force me to give this book a higher rating.

Instead exaggerated drama, even unnecessary drama was placed over and over again in the book. It was like a never ending roller coaster of climatic events (view spoiler)
Jacqueline
Dnf 25%

Dear me, wtf was that?
I could just about cope with the odd phrasing, the mixed tenses and the random and excessive use of italics, but what really did it for me was the complete lack of any chemistry between the H and the h.

He's a doc from a rich family who has taken a shine to her, she's a hot mess, but she's attracted to him even though she knows she's a hot mess and unable to date mainly due to his 'orbs'. Yup. Anyhoo, he pursues her, she defers until she doesn't and they go out, but
Laurynne Gouws
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
A copy of this book was given to me by the author, in exchange for an honest review.

{ My Actual Rating for this book: Torn between 3.5/5 or 4/5 }

There are not many reviews for Edge of Disaster at this point, because it's still very new as far as book releases are concerned. In fact it's actually a month old, as of yesterday 20 January 2013 - when I finished reading this book.

Anyway, the reviews are very inconsistent. Some are happy praises, a few are words of somewhat content over the book, oth
Shelly
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting, just 3 hours! Once I started I didn't want to put it down. I have read several of Anne's books and I really think this is her best work. The characters were more real and relate-able, for me anyway. It could be because this is a contemporary setting and the characters are human!

Alexia is a young woman who has been through a traumatic experience and she is acting out by drinking, doing drugs and sleeping around. She is trying to forget, but all she is doing is hur
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
A lovely romance with Middlegasms!

This is one of those, 'feel-good', fun, flirty romances that is a fast read. The characters are not perfect, but not so damaged that it feels like a session in therapy to read. Edge of Disaster is a wee bit 'fast' on the romance (aka insta-love... or almost,) but sometimes, that's just the type of book you need. Right?

I do want to clarify... I still would not consider this to be a 'fluff' romance. It does have some darker moments, some scary-type situations. It'
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
'Oh lordy did I ever love that man.'

Lordy lord.. This book was goooood! Pearce Middleton is just so...so..heck I don't even have words for how much I loved him!

Please please please let there be a sequel/novella about them... to find out what's going on in there future. ;)
Laura Thomas
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Alexia’s hit rock bottom. Too much booze and drugs and bad moves.

Her best friend, Terri, has had enough of her crap.

“Shit Lex. What’d ya do now?”

Terri loves Lex, but enough is enough.

“I won’t say a word other than this shit has got to stop. You’re going to end up dead one day.”

Alexia takes a long, hard look at herself, facing some really ugly memories of crazy, dangerous situations she’s been in. She makes a promise to Terri and to herself. This stops now.

She lives in a carriage house, wor
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alexia wakes up in the arms of different men and god only knows what kind of drugs she did the night before. So when her best friend gives her an ultimatum, she decides it’s time to quit the partying and the men and start the growing up. When she meets Pearce she is instantly attracted to him, but she has vowed to not date until she can get her messed up life back on track. Will she allow the Doctor with the smoky eyes to evade her heart? Or will her messed up past overcome her future?

When I fir
Silvy_1309
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Beth
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a nice romantic read. Not too steamy by my standards but romantic with a touch of lusty.

Lexi is going down a bad road. She has been turned out by her family, been in a horrible accident in which someone was killed and she blames herself and now...to top it all off...she wakes up after a night of drinking and drugs between 2guys she doesn't know. She calls them Beevis and Butthead. (Nice touch). As she vows to get her life back on track she meets a hunky doctor, Pearce. He purs
Christal
Apr 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
edge of disaster, pretty much sums up this book. It's a disaster. I am upset how quickly it flopped. spoiler, they say I love u every page, on repeat. so much that it lost its meaning. so many useless pages. I only finished it because of the challenge. seriously disappointed with the level of cheese in this book.. so many errors too.
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
If you’re looking for a love story, this book is one you could read. It’s cute and sexy and it’s easy to fall for the main characters.

Alexia and Pearce both have their own problems and both complete opposite. Alexia is grieving and guilty and having been abandoned by her family she’s at her all time low. Drink, Drugs and Sleeping with any man she can and waking up the next morning with no recollection of the night before but things about to change when her eyes land upon a pair of smoky eyes. P
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
This book was enjoyable from the start it will have you.
I have read this in one sitting I just could not put it down, Alexia Hammonds life the last few years has sent her spiraling out of control, drinking, drugs, sleeping around. She hits rock bottom when she wakes up beside two men and cannot remember what happened the night before at all. Then she meets Pearce who gives her his number and asks her to call him.
I really liked the characters in this book Pearce is so swoon-worthy just liked him.
Adele
Sep 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
Michelle
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for virgins - you won't find any here, that's for sure.

Alexia is a girl on the warpath to ensure that she gets as many miles out of her naughty bits as possible. Drunken, drug educed sexual encounters and past ghosts that have led her down a path of proving to herself just how unworthy she is. Until she sees him. Dr. Pearce Middleton. The good doctor is smitten right away - but Alexia is not going to give into her desire just yet. He is just too good for her.

But one night she
Christina Lyn
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God! I can't possibly b elieved how good this book is? Totally I almost pass out to Pearce. Is he for fucking real? Men that man is totally a whole package deal. I was totally blown away for the love he felt for Alexia. Words are not enough how such a good man Pearce. I know he has flaws but not as bas as for Alexia. But damn totally head over heels to that guy. At first I thought he's not strong enough to deal all the shit of her, but then again at the end he proved to his friends and fam ...more
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Unfortunately this one was a DNF for me. While the storyline had potential I found the dialogue to be a bit cheesy--especially the internal dialogue of the h. Also I never really felt any sort of connection to the main characters.
Coco.V
Dec 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/2/2019)! 🎁
Meghan
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it

I am incredibly lucky to have been given this book by A.M Hargrove herself. She is a wonderfully talented Author who is so generous as to share her work with me. As an avid reader, lover of books, and review blogger, nothing could make me happier. Especially when receiving the spectacular books that Hargrove continues to amaze me and have me falling in love with.

Edge of Disaster was a step in a new direction for her. She has mainly stayed with the fantastical and paranormal, but she bravely jump
Dec 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

Edge of Disaster was just a disaster for me. I struggled reading it as it was just not good. I skimmed the last half just to get figure out what would happen with one small thing that ended up being not much. Note spoilers ahead! Do not read if you don't want to know what happens in this story!!

When I started reading this story it was just okay, and I was hoping it would get better as it went along. Alexia is hurting, blaming herself for someth
Ren nerdychampagne
YOU CAN ALSO READ MY REVIEW HERE

I JUST REALIZED THAT I HAVEN'T WRITTEN MY REVIEW!

Note: I tried to write my review earlier but the internet betrayed me and I kinda forgot what I actually wrote here..

The Edge of Disaster is pretty much what the title says it is.

Alexia, seems to me, is always on the verge of self-destructing.
Pearce, on the other hand, came out of nowhere and claim his space by saying: I have always belonged here, long before you. In other words, he did not make any sense.

Honestly
Linda
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Alexia Hammond has had a few bad years a trauma in her past sent her spiralling out of control, drinking , drugs and sex with strangers,she still gets up goes to work and walks the straight and narrow of her daytime life but at night her lingering guilt drives her out to the bar scene. Alexia finally hits rock bottom; she wakes up one morning between two men she does not know in another town and has to call her BFF Teri a pick up, then a few days later wakes up with a guy she met at the bar who ...more
Heather Carver
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

OMG I loved this book. It had me crying within the first 15% and just praying that Alexia would find her happily ever after. I have to say that I did have a couple kindle throwing moments!!

Alexia has been using drugs, alcohol and men to try and get over the pain and heartache from losing the love of her life. She doesn't like how she is living, but doesn't know how to change it. She then meets the HOT SEXY Dr. Pearce Middleton. He wants to take her out and date her, but she doesn't fe
Sitt
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alexia ( Lex, Lexi) is a very complicated character that cannot be
understood from the beginning. Someone must really
want to know what is going on, since for me Lex wasn't likeable
at all in the beginning. When the story develops on, with it a
more clearer picture of Lex arises. Of course putting a central character
to the story which is one good looking guy, with all the characters of a
man, a woman could dream of, is another point that just let me keep
on to the story.
Life didn't treat Lex very w
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 3.5

This was a great read. I thought it started off slow, but picked up close to the end. I thought the story could have been more of a romance than an insta-love. The characters were great. I like the lesson that love can heal all wounds.

I thought Alexia was a great character. She was a strong yet broken character. She falls for Pearce, and changes her life for the better because of his love for her. She starts to open up more, and I was sad to see the things that she had been
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Charleston (not New Orleans), girl meets rich guy. [s] 24 120 Apr 18, 2015 08:19AM
E.Y.A.B.: Edge of Disaster 31 24 Mar 04, 2013 09:15AM

• Possessive Doctor (Lofthouse Family #1)
  • The Gambler
  • Hunter
  • Breathless With Her (Less Than, #1)
  • Say You'll Stay: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Rush (The Boys of RDA, #1)
  • Unexpected Heat: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Murder Thy Neighbor
  • The Fall of Cinderella
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Billionaire Bodyguard (Billionaire Bodyguard, #1)
  • Striker (No Prisoners MC, #1)
  • Cuffed (Untouchables MC, #1)
  • Beautifully Broken Life (Sutter Lake, #2)
  • Powertools: Collection 1 (Powertools #1-2)
  • The Coast-to-Coast Murders
  • Moonrise (Moonkind, #1)
  • HOT Pursuit (Hostile Operations Team, #1)
One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, USA Today bestselling author, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So she made a quick decision to quit her job and reinvented herself as a Naughty and Nice Romance Author.

Reader, Writer, #WalterThe

Edge (3 books)
  • Shattered Edge (Edge, #2)
  • Kissing Fire (Edge, #3)