Start by marking “The Last Dance” as Want to Read:
The Last Dance

The Last Dance

Saddle Gap, a quiet little town in southwestern New Mexico, seems the perfect place for Sorrel Janes to start her life over. But within a few days she finds herself entangled in two murders, the object of harassment, and the number one suspect of a murder. Will her past terrors destroy her future dreams? Amid the evolving conflicts, she resolves to reconstruct her new life ...more
Kindle Edition, First Print, 226 pages
Published December 11th 2012 by Wasteland Press (first published December 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Dance

Betty
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats
A well written cozy mystery with original ideas. The characters are developed, the story is entertaining and description of the area places you there. I could feel Sorrel Janes tension when she thought of her husband. There are areas that I found confusing where an editor would have help.
Sorrel has arrives in Saddle Gap, New Mexico to start her life over, leaving behind terror and a successful career as TV News Anchor. She inherited the property from her Aunt and felt no one knew about it. Sorre
Marissa
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The personable characters immediately connected with me, and it was almost impossible to set the book down as the plot captured me right away. The Last Dance is a quick, captivating read that everyone has time to experience. In addition, as a debut mystery novel, I was extremely impressed.
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book from beginning to end! I highly recommend it. Great whodunit with likeable characters. This book will keep you wondering until the reveal!
Melva Clark
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun book to read. The chapters are short and draw you along. The characters feel like people you know.
SouthWestZippy
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, favorites
Sorrel Janes moves to Saddle Gap,New Mexico to try and start her life over after the murder of her husband Kevin. Just days after moving in two murders happen in the small town. She becomes someones target of harassment plus number one suspect of the murders. Sorrel fears her past has followed her. Detective Chris Reed tries to solve the murders and protect her but becomes frustrated that Sorrel will not communicate and reveal her secret. I truly enjoyed this book, keep me guessing all the way t ...more
Gerald McFarland
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This proved to be a good choice for reading during a long flight from New Mexico to Massachusetts. The heroine's troubles kept me interested, although it was too obvious from the beginning that she will eventually come to like the local detective (Chris Reed) who keeps annoying her with questions about her past. And that past is precisely why she has changed her name and moved to a new home where she hopes she won't be found by the nasty types who murdered her husband. Will they find her? Are th ...more
Jaclyn
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It kept me reading through out the entire book. Twist and turns kept me up past bedtime. The characters are relateable and easy to visualize. Ready to follow Sorrel through her next moments.
M Enox
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is the first of 3. Characters are introduced and I felt like I knew them right away. I couldn't put it down! You won't want to either until it's all over, then you will want to continue hearing about Saddle Gap.
Lorraine Weaver
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good start to a series

This one kept me turning the pages. I couldn't seem to stop until it was dine. She kept me guessing the whole time. I've already started the second one.
Colleen N
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was wonderful! It was fun, light-hearted and captivating! It kept me second guessing my predictions all the way to the end.
Stacey
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Very engaging and intriguing! Was sucked in from the first chapter!
Ronald Tucker
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the best mystery I have read in several years. The characters were capitivating and you could not put it down! I highly recommend this book.
Steff Willmon