Start by marking “The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)

The Destiny of Violet & Luke

(The Coincidence #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  12,492 ratings  ·  1,023 reviews
Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. For Luke, meaningless relationships are a distraction-a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He desperately wishes he could forget his past, but it haunts him no matter what he does.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life. When she was young, she was left with no family and
Published January 7th 2014 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Destiny of Violet & Luke, please sign up.
Joany Vries You can read it seperate from the first two books in the series, but I guarantee that you're going to want to read the following book in this series b…moreYou can read it seperate from the first two books in the series, but I guarantee that you're going to want to read the following book in this series because Jessica Sorensen seems to have a thing for cliffhangers :)(less)

·  12,492 ratings  ·  1,023 reviews

Start your review of The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favs
Comes out ebook Jan. 7th :)
Christy
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 ‘It can’t end like this’ stars!

photo ac0ed0a7-12ad-49d8-a63b-13aedf7fe803_zps9fafb6ed.jpg

There are a few things you can be fairly certain of when you read a book by Jessica Sorensen. There will be broken or damaged characters, the writing will be amazing, and there is a pretty good chance there will be a brutal cliffhanger. All three of those things happen to be true about The Destiny of Violet & Luke.

Luke is best friends with Kayden Owens. From previous books, we know that Luke’s mom has issues, his sister killed herself at sixteen, and Luke cop
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Luke's NOT GAY! :( :( *ugly sobs*

We get a release date and blurb! :D AND a chick's name :\ Gah.

Luke Price's life has always been about order, control, and acting tough on the outside. He uses meaningless relationships as a distraction and a way to tune out the twisted memories of his childhood. He secretly wishes that one day he could find that one perfect person, but deep down he doesn't believe that perfection really exists.

Violet Hayes has had a rough life, surrounded by drugs, neglect, and
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 emotionally draining stars!

What I expect whenever I read a Jessica Sorensen book:

1. Intensity
2. Imperfectly perfect characters
3. Twists I never see coming
4. Cliffhangers

This book took depressing to a whole new level. I think this is the first time I've read a NA book with both characters having SO MUCH baggage. There's no doubt that Jessica Sorensen can write a great book, but be prepared to have your happy mood crushed. There aren't any butterflies and unicorns here.

Both Violet and Luke suff
Michelle
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: college
4 Stars
It's been a long time since I've read the first two books in this series. I knew going in that this was going to be sad but I didn't realize it was going to end leaving me hanging. Thank goodness the next book is out!

Violet and Luke are both loners. They both have had a very messed up childhood. They both have very different ways that they cope with their feelings but yet they both kind of deal the same way.
Violet doesn't let anyone get close to her. She doesn't even tell people her real
Beverly
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Emotional Stars

Wow, this is such an emotional read, and it all just came crashing down at the end. This review will be short, because I have to jump into the sequel to see what happens next.

We saw glimpses of Luke in Kayden and Callie story, he is Kayden’s best friend. I have loved Luke from the beginning, he is understanding, sarcastic, and accepting. After reading Luke’s backstory it is completely understanding why Luke is so accepting of other people. Abandon by his father at a young age, h
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

description

Violet and Luke get the most miserable couple award!

This was one of the most depressing books I have read. Not because of their circumstances but because of their draining dual pov. Usually a book will have one positive person or funny or something. Luke is an alcoholic/man whore and Violet is an adrenaline junkie/drug dealer both struggling with events from their past.

Slowly these two become closer, breaking down each other’s walls but honestly the happy was about 5% of the story.

Vi
April (Aprilius Maximus)
I AM LOVING THIS SERIES SO MUCH SRSLY. This one was really predictable though, but based purely on my enjoyment reading this book and the feelings it evoked!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
DAAAMMMNNNN that was dark. I loved it! Way to bust out all of the feels Ms. Sorensen!

Review to follow. At some point :P
Geri Reads
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 depressing stars!

This book took a lot out of me. This is one of the most depressing book I've come across considering that both main characters are barely 20 years old and they're already carrying loads of baggage.

Luke and Violet both suffered very traumatic events in their childhood that rendered them incapable of forming healthy relationships. They met and despite their reservations, became friends and then lovers, for lack of a better world. Their relationship wasn't an easy nor a conventi
Brandi
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
"Every movement, every breath, the way my heart beats fiercely in my chest, is all because of her."
description

Violet and Luke both have traumatic pasts. Using alcohol, sex, adrenaline and violence, to cope with the nightmares they endure. Keeping everyone at a distance, never letting anyone too close. Violet and Luke meet and although they fight it, start to care about one another. But the secrets they are running from are not far behind. Will they be able to survive the truth?

And what Jessica Sorensen
EmBibliophile
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars

A ‘misery loves company’ book!
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I just read that book in one day so obviously this is a quick read. None the less, it was really good.

At the start of this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. Luke had been one of the minor characters who was always understanding which is why all of us readers knew that he, too, had a rough past. Violet was mentioned only a few times which was intriguing since I never really knew why Ms. Sorensen made a big deal of pointing her out. I didn't expect each other life stories, but they weren't a let
Kelli C
omg...no way in hell is that the end! what a complete Bomb drop..explosion then nothing! I really am speechless...I can't even come up with a good review because there it isn't over...one of thebiggest damn cliffhangers ever!

This is a strange yet intimate dance with Violet and Luke. Both are broken and barely hanging on to what little possessions they have. They have frequent run-ins in which there is flirty banter, almost intimate moments, and friendly actions, each bringing them closer to one
Annie Brewer
Please be Luke's book! I love him.....almost as much as I love Kayden and that's A LOT!!! I want him to be happy, he deserves it!!! Please, please, please Mrs. Sorensen! :)

YES! YES! YES! YESSSSSSSS! It's Luke's book! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! I love Luke! Can't wait! CAN'T. WAIT.!!!!!!
👑C
100 MOST FCKED UP PASTS COUPLE STARS

Ms. Jessica Sorensen is famous for writing novels with characters with horrible pasts but turning into great people.

photo Genius_gif_zps26a6d3f7.gif

Ms. Jessica never disappoints.

I guess it is right to write something like The Destiny of Violet and Luke. I find it really raw and realistic. While reading this, it's like I'm on the actual scene and I'm with them witnessing everything.

photo tumblr_m3pg9du5d11qldudx_zps8e442c19.gif

I'd been waiting for this book since I read Callie and Kayden's series and started wondering what is
Kaitlin
I hate to say this since I haven't read the second book about Kayden and Callie yet but I rather read more about Violet and Luke more than Callie and Kayden ...more
Luzie
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review may contain SPOILERS!
Starting off with the third book of this series and I was really looking forward to this. Violet and Luke seemed mysterious in the previous books and reading their story I can see why. Reading about Violet and Luke was weird at first, cause Callie and Kayden had such a sweet and rather innocent tone to their relationship (don't get me wrong, they had their problems as well), while Luke and Violet's was filled with rage and hatred and a lot of misunderstandings in
Annie

Jessica Sorensen is one of the best authors I have discovered this year. Each one of her books has had me feeling so many different emotions, from happiness, to angst, to hatred and to shock. One thing that you are guaranteed when you pick up a Jessica Sorensen book is a whirlwind of emotion. You cannot read one of her books and feel stoic about it. Sorensen pulls emotions from her readers and that takes a lot of talent, I think, in a writer.

Luke Price has always been a little misunderstood.
Heather
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Angsty Romances.

Both Violet and Luke have more baggage than Louis Vuitton.

Violet has been shipped from foster home to foster home never finding a solid place to land. Luke has struggled to deal with his drug addicted mother who suffers from paranoia.

They both have decided that relationships are not in the cards for them. Letting people get close can only lead to getting hurt.

Both feel incredibly broken in their own way.

When they find each other, Luke discovers that he is curious about a girl for the first time
*P
4.5 ARE YOU KIDDING ME Stars

Yes, I am a fan of Sorensen because I feel she brings to life some of the most wonderfully broken characters whose stories affect me deeply. But seriously I should know better by now. It never fails that I am wanting to chuck my Ipad across the room when I hit the cliffhanger ending. Perhaps since I just finished reading The Ever After of Ella and Micha and since I thought of this as a shoot off like Lila and Ethan's book, I didn't expect the gut wrenching feelings I
Tana
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it
The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence #3) by Jessica Sorensen

Ok so first I will say it took me a bit to finish this book, the writing was good story flowed well, but I had a hard time liking the two main characters Violet and Luke together.

Jessica Sorensen gives us readers stories that are wonderful, loving, and at the same time heart wrenching and most of the time I can't put the book down. She is a 5 star rated author.

Violet & Luke's story just didn't to it for me. At times I thought
Denia  Books & Baubles
There are just too many problems for me to comprehend, I get tired and frustrated with both of them, like Jesus, get a hold of yourself, fix your problems and move on!!!.
But then again, I can't seem to put down the book, and is actually frustrating me... Now to the next one!!!
Sharon Mariampillai
This was a great read. The writing is amazing. The way Jessica Sorensen writes her broken, damaged characters is very intriguing. This is the start of Violet & Luke's story. Though it was not as good as Callie & Kayden's story, I still really enjoyed this one. There were some moments where I thought the story got a bit repetitive. However, it did not take away my enjoyment from this book.

Luke is Kayden's best friend. He has issues with his mother, and his sister, Abby, committed suicide at the
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Jessica Sorensen is an author plenty of people talked about last year. She has tousands upon thousands of ratings and reviews on Goodreads and Amazon and she is one of the leading ladies of New Adult fiction. Since I truly enjoyed reading about Lila and Ethan (my review can be found here; I wanted to link it to prove that I did, in fact, enjoy it thoroughly), I decided to give Violet and Luke a try as well.

Michelle
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 broken stars.

There are a few things that I have come to love about Jessica Sorensen’s writing. Her ability to create broken characters that not only capture your heart, but can break it just as easily. The way she gives you pure imperfection, there may be hope for a happily ever after, for the lost being found, but these characters are not without flaws. We’ve met Luke & Violet during Callie & Kayden’s journey. We’ve just never gotten to know them before, until now.

Luke has wanted one thing
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Destiny of Violet & Luke is book three in The Coincidence series by Jessica Sorensen. No one can write dark and damaged better than Jessica Sorensen and she hasn’t let us down in this book.

Violet is Callie’s roommate at college from the first two books. Violet’s parents were violently murdered the night before her sixth birthday. The murders were never solved. Violet was shuffled from one foster family to another and she taught herself to never get attached, to never let anyone in. And ever
Mimi Valentine
Nooooooooooooooo!!! What kind of ending was that?????

This is DEFINITELY, without a doubt, one of Jessica Sorensen's best! I wasn't the biggest fan of Callie & Kayden's story (at least not as much as Ella and Micha), and I wasn't even sure if I was going to read this one because Violet wasn't my favourite character before -- but she proved me wrong. And Luke? I love him so much. They are both two royally screwed up people with awful pasts and a very small chance of a HEA, but I love them anyways
Maggie
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ohh.... Poor Luke and Violet. It's just so sad. Luke's story was definitely not what I was expecting but it was fantastic! And I definitely didn't see Violet that way. But she is a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover (no pun intended). I just can't wait to read where their story goes next. ...more
Saffron
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2014
Lots of stuff going on in this one! Blog tour with full review to come.
interesting. 5 121 Feb 08, 2014 11:20AM

• Three Broken Promises (One Week Girlfriend, #3)
  • Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)
  • Four Years Later (One Week Girlfriend, #4)
  • Drew + Fable Forever (One Week Girlfriend, #3.5)
  • Until Fountain Bridge (On Dublin Street, #1.5)
  • Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #2)
  • The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
  • One Week Girlfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #1)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Sweet (Contours of the Heart, #3)
  • Brave (Contours of the Heart, #4)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
  • Falling Under (Falling, #3)
  • Falling Away (Falling, #4)
  • Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4)
  • Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

The Coincidence (7 books)
  • The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
  • The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)
  • The Probability of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #4)
  • The Certainty of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #5)
  • The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)
  • Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence, #7)

News & Interviews

“It's all about her. Every movement, every breath, the way my heart beats firecely inside my chest, is all because of her. Violet owns me.” 21 likes
“Even though the odds are in my favor, doesn’t mean they’ll end up that way. First rule of cards. And of life.” 16 likes