Start by marking “Kiss River” as Want to Read:
Kiss River

Kiss River

(Kiss River #2)

Your future is within your grasp. How far are you willing to go?

Your adopted child is in an orphanage. Only you can save her. But you need money, a lot of money, money you just don't have.

Gina Higgins is on a desperate journey across the country. To save her daughter, she must find the Kiss River lighthouse that holds the answers she so urgently needs. But the lighthouse
Published January 4th 2013 by MIRA (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss River, please sign up.
Lucy she knew his real name but only called him sandy as a nickname incase her diary was found

Start your review of Kiss River
Michelle
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book just as much as the first in the trilogy. I'm looking forward to reading the last in the series.
Trish at Between My Lines
This review was originally posted on [Between My Lines]

Warning, rant ahead!

OK, you guys know I LOVE Diane Chamberlain.  I raved about Necessary Lies and The Lost Daughter.  And I'm going to continue loving her and reading all her books despite this rant about Kiss River.  The hate is for a topic that waves a red flag before my eyes as it turned me right off this book.

First Line of Kiss River by Diane Chamberlain

"The air conditioner in her aging car was giving out, blowing warm, breath-stealing
Korey
Aug 28, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rhonda Rae Baker
I'm seriously going to collect ALL of Diane Chamberlain's novels...she is the absolute best author, one never knows what she's going to come up with next...WOW.

This story had me from the beginning and I simply couldn't put it down!

The quote before chapter one is something that my oldest daughter gave me under a collage of my five children for a Mother's Day present. "The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life." but Diane included the res
Giedre
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very nice and emotional read. a bit too much fluff at times and it did drag on in the beginning but once it took off it took off. Looking forward to read the third book.
❤Marie Gentilcore
3.5 stars. This book wasn’t quite as good as the first book, Keeper of the Light, which was written 11 years prior to this book, but it was still very good. I love the way Diane Chamberlain writes characters, they feel so authentic to me. And, now I must read Her Mother’s Shadow to finish off this trilogy.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

The Keeper of the Light was first published almost twenty years ago as a stand alone but was revived in the early 2000's when Chamberlain decided to use the novel as a springboard for a trilogy, writing Kiss River and Her Mother's Shadow. This year, the series is being reissued in both print and digital formats to the delight of her fans.

Set twelve years after the events of Keeper of Light, Kiss River introduces Gina Higgins, a science teacher from Washington DC, who has has come to the Outer Ba
Judy D Collins
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this second book in the Kiss River series as a sequel to the much loved characters in Keeper of the Light. Diane Chamberlain is one of my favorite authors with a wild imagination, taking readers far beyond the norm for page turners you will not want to put down -- twists, turns, and plots which keep you engaged from the beginning to the end!

Being a native of NC, always love the setting and especially the Outer Banks area and the subject of lighthouses - fascinating along with history of
Carol
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'd read nine of Diane Chamberlain's books before picking up Kiss River, and I really enjoyed all nine. They've been very entertaining blends of suspense and character development, or moral issues and character development. But Kiss River was kind of a disappointment for me.

Kiss River is first and foremost a romance novel, which is really not my thing. There is a mystery element, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. A woman, Gina, drives across the entire US to check out a lighthouse, hoping to f
Melissa Dally
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Well, it was all right. You do spend a goodly amount of the book wondering just how Gina plans to make a bunch of money of a 3000 lb lighthouse lens. It's not like she could steal it and sell it on the black market. LOL. Still really underwhelmed with Annie O'Neill, but she's a central character in all three books of this trilogy. Maybe I'll like her better in the last one?

Also, the whole "OMG, I have to tell you your Mom was promiscuous" thing...really? Did her adult son and daughter REALLY nee
Darby
May 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama-romance, 2008
I read this in one night. It was a very easy read. I enjoyed the diary entries mixed into this book. I think I liked Keeper of the Light better and liked the characters better but this was still really good plot and had me engaged and wanting to know where it was going to end up. Enjoying this series and this authors book -- definitely one I will keep reading.
Deb
Jan 22, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Interesting history of the Outer Banks during WWII and the U-boat attacks on US Vessels. The story flashed back intermittently to a diary written during that time by the daughter of the Kiss River lighthouse keeper. I felt the truths/secrets that surfaced were not that exciting and it seemed a long time getting to those secrets which made it more of a let-down. Just okay for me.
Glynis
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What a disappointment. I have read a couple of Diane Chamberlain´s books and really started to feel that here I had a new author with something to give. I am sorry but this book was boring and just didn´t ring true. Perhaps because it was written in 2003 the author has improved her style but certainly cannot recommend this.
Shelley
I appreciated that this book picked up with several of the characters who were introduced in the first book and introduced a character who had an unclear backstory of raising a fresnel lens that had been washed to sea in a storm. It took a long time to understand why the story of Bess was even told during this story. I felt like it took too long to get to the point of that. I did appreciate the way things wrapped up in the end, however I would have liked to have known what became of Rani at the ...more
Mary
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read. Gina arrives in Kiss River to try to have the lens of the old lighthouse raised, she has her own reasons for wanting this. She makes friends with Clay and his sister Lacey. She is determined to keep her secrets.
The story follows Gina’s desperate quest and delves into her connection to a young girl during wartime. Written with warmth and understanding of human emotions and the secrets that are not shared.
Liz
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the Kiss River trilogy and although an enjoyable read, in my opinion, it had nowhere near the intensity as Keeper of the Light. Although the main characters reappear in this second book, the plot centres around new characters. Good but not brilliant!
Daria
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing exciting. Plodded through it. Got better toward the end but basically a rather boring book.
Pamela
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gina Huggins needs to see the Kiss River Lighthouse. After driving across the country (from Washington to the Outer Banks), she discovers the top part of the lighthouse -- including the lens -- was destroyed in a storm years ago. For some reason, Gina is intent on raising that lens.

While trespassing to see the lighthouse, Gina meets Lacey and Clay, brother and sister living at the keeper's cottage. They invite Gina to stay with them while she's in Kiss River. And conveniently enough, Clay and L
Ann
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book #2 in a trilogy. First was Keeper of the Light. That was a little better than this. This one took TOO LONG to get to the point (and took me days and days to read - I just couldn't get into it) -- what was the mystery surrounding Gina's daughter? why did she NEED to raise the fallen lens? what really happened in 1942? Really, this could have been a great short story if all the above elements were discussed openly and up front. Like the first book, this was written about 10 years ago and it s ...more
Lauralee
If I could give this book 3.5 stars, I would have. Diane Chamberlain's books normally get a 5 or 4 from me. For me, there was too much focus on the romance between Clay and Gina. However, that is just a personal choice.

As usual, the characters were interesting, captivating, and I felt like I knew each and every one of them in the story. The ending was very final so I would be ok if I didn't read the third novel in this series. That being said, I will be reading it, because I enjoy all of her no
Amy
Jan 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the ending of this book, but thought it really dragged to get there. Flipping between the diary which was many years in the past to the current time line threw me off a little, but all made sense at the end. The Characters are a little older from Keeper of the Light and it was good to see what is happening with them. Without giving much away, Lacey is following in her mothers footsteps, Alec has moved on, Clay and some heartbreak but is not in a very happy place, Gina is new in th ...more
ABesse
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
HoardingBooks
Not my favorite from Diane Chamberlain. I really didn't like the main characters. I couldn't really connect with any of them. Alec's character seemed to have changed between the first book and this one. He didn't seem as caring and understanding in this book. His character was not as strong as it was in the last book. Didn't really like Gina. She was pretty flaky throughout the book. No, I didn't like this one. Not sure if I should even finish the series.
Kelly
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, loved how easy it was to keep track of who was who and what happened to who in the previous book. Didn't have the usual twists and turns that you'd expect from one of Dianes books. Maybe because it's an older one of hers that's been re-issued?

The ending obviously paves the way for the final book in the trilogy - I have a feeling things wont run smoothly for Gina!
Marguerite Kaye
Not my favourite Diane Chamberlain, but it had all the usual ingredients that make her an excellent story teller - good mystery, sympathetic characters, mingling of the past and present. It felt a little dated, perhaps because I've read so many of her more recent books, but nonetheless, a page turner, and a pleasant way of passing a few hours.
Melissa Sgroi
Jul 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. I have a hard time believing Diane Chamberlain wrote this. It doesn't sound like her voice at all. Every male character is patronizing and misogynistic. The females are either sluts or saints that need to be saved by the men. Ugh. If you want to read a good novel by Chamberlain, I suggest reading The Silent Sister or The Secret Life Of CeeCee Wilkes instead.
Alana
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the first book & was so looking forward to this one but whilst I enjoyed it I didn't enjoy it near as much as the first. I will be looking forward to reading the final book in the trilogy. ...more
Carl
Oct 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ONE OF MY ALL TIME BESTS
Kathy
Jul 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first more than this one. Was an easy read however but found myself skimming over the pages. Disappointed.
Suzanne Flohr
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i actually enjoyed this one more than i liked #1.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Sep 12, 2015 02:40PM

• The Restaurant
  • Beyond Summer (Blue Sky Hill #3)
  • A Week at the Shore
  • Finding Our Forever (Silver Springs, #1)
  • The Donor
  • 28 Summers
  • On Ocean Boulevard
  • The Woman Next Door
  • A Month of Summer (Blue Sky Hill #1)
  • Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
  • Secret Promises: Crossed Hearts\Threats and Promises
  • Listening to Love (An Amish Journey #2)
  • One Winter Morning
  • Good Husbandry
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • Daddy's Girls
  • Evening Stars (Blackberry Island, #3)
  • The Nowhere Girl
Diane Chamberlain is the New York Times, USA Today and (London) Sunday Times best-selling author of 27 novels. The daughter of a school principal who supplied her with a new book almost daily, Diane quickly learned the emotional power of story. Although she wrote many small “books” as a child, she didn’t seriously turn to writing fiction until her early thirties when she was waiting for a delayed ...more

Kiss River (3 books)
  • Keeper of the Light (Kiss River #1)
  • Her Mother's Shadow (Kiss River #3)