Start by marking “Fit, Fifty and Fired Up” as Want to Read:
Fit, Fifty and Fired Up

Fit, Fifty and Fired Up

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
From the internationally bestselling author of "Fat, Forty and Fired" this funny, thought-provoking memoir will make you laugh - and want to make the most of your life.
Published August 1st 2012 by Allen & Unwin (first published July 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fit, Fifty and Fired Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fit, Fifty and Fired Up

Magdalena
I was first introduced to Nigel Marsh's books by a friend who told me that Fat, Forty and Fired had changed his life. s soon as he told me the premise: a guy who decides, in the wake of a redundancy, to leave the corporate world, giving up his status and paycheck to spend more time with his family, I knew I had to read it. After all it was the very theme of the novel I was working on which later became Black Cow. I enjoyed the book so much, that I went on to read his next book Overworked and U ...more
Steve lovell
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a friend called Peter. More specifically he is the hubby of one of my best mates, Claire, but a good friend nonetheless he is. Successful in small business, he recently decided to change the shape of his life, to downshift a few gears in some respects – so he went to work for someone else while he still had time on his side. The author of the above tome has done this more than once. Nigel Marsh is about a decade younger than Peter, but they both possess admirable similarities. Both have w ...more
Peter Greenwell
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More a series of related anecdotes than a cohesive book, though that takes nothing away from what's contained within. I enjoyed it, though it's all very slight and chatty.
Annette
Fit, Fifty and Fired Up by Nigel Marsh was bought by my husband, a very unusual book and unlike the heavy political and war books that he likes to read. I am taking a year away from the routines of work next year...it was self affirming to read that others have managed to change their lifestyles completely and still survive. I am hoping to take myself away from the normal routines however I believe that to take a year off successfully it would be pertinent to establish other routines of your own ...more
Kirsten
Nice musings from a pretty admirable guy (check out his TED talk on work life balance). This book had me laugh out loud on the bus (especially story of dealing with toddler at swimming pool), and inspired me to start running of all things, without any cheesy self help smugness. I'll be digging out his other book "Fat, forty and fired" for some other inspiration on how to deal with the chips life throws at me.
Amanda Sargeant
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, another great book from Nigel Marsh. His point - "it's incumbent on us to take personal responsibility for the type of life we'd like to lead" - is exactly what I take away from his musings. I find his reflections insightful and helpful with trying to do just this! His hilarious stories are just a bonus :)
Sputnik Sputnik
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i absolutely love nigel and his books. and this one is no exception. slightly more random than 'fat forty and fired' it's more a collection of short stories on a theme... but super entertaining and brilliantly thought provoking as well.
Jackie Allen
I was expecting a motivational book by a man reaching 50 who decides to get fit and fired up. What I read was a series of anecdotes about his life and his family.

Amusing enough, just not what I was really wanted to read...
Yuana
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea who Nigel Marsh was but decided to read this book because of the catchy title.
Absolutely loved it! The language he uses is simple, stories are inspiring, funny and sad. I can't wait to read Fat Forty and Fired!
Alana
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant! Laugh-out-loud funny!
Trena Kennedy
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another entertaining book from Nigel. Love this mans humor
Penny
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as enjoyable and real as Fat, Forty,Fired. Nigel has the knack for telling it how it is - frank, honest and inspiring.
Teena
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud stuff, but it made me think about my own attitude to work and life.
Jo
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny & self-deprecatory, a recommended read for anyone who does not take himself/herself too seriously.
Amanda Markham
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Witty and wise. This is a book that you will underline passages in, laugh out loud at, and want to read again.
Keira
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
IMHO this is a take it or leave it book - I decided to leave it, as I have lots of other things I wanted to read.
Gail