Start by marking “Paige Torn (Paige Alder #1)” as Want to Read:
Paige Torn (Paige Alder #1)

Paige Torn

(Paige Alder #1)

Everyone knows they can count on Paige Alder. But between volunteering at church, putting in overtime at work, and helping her best friend plan an anniversary party, she's lucky to grab a cheese stick for dinner. Paige can't even remember the last time she had a few minutes to relax or dig into God's Word. Then she meets laid-back Tyler, an attractive, Jesus-loving guy. Wi ...more
Published May 15th 2013 by Th1nk Books (first published May 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Paige Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paige Torn

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Everyone knows they can count on Paige Alder. But between volunteering at church, putting in overtime at work, and helping her best friend plan an anniversary party, she's lucky to grab a cheese stick for dinner. Paige can't even remember the last time she had a few minutes to relax or dig into God's Word. Then she meets laid-back Tyler, an attractive, Jesus-loving guy. Will he be able to help Paige get her priorities on track?”

Series: Book #1 in the “Paige Alder” series.

Spiri
Amanda Tero
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
First-person, present tense isn't usually my thing. I think I have read one other book that way. But it really did grow on me throughout the story. And I really did like Paige a lot. I could see myself in her. A lot.

Seeing as this is all about Paige's busy life, it is definitely a fast-paced novel. It is more of a description of events around Paige's life and her relationship with others than it is a plot-oriented novel. Which, seeing as I read it while I was sick, it was the perfect read. Noth
Victoria Goodbrand
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes I read this in a DAY!!!! AND I LOVED iT!
This is exactly what I needed at this time in my life. It taught you to say NO more and slow down, something that is so important! 🙌🏼
Alicia Willis
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
13+

I LOVED this book. The sugar, the sarcasm, the Starbucks... Oh, and the story-line. It all added up to a perfectly fun story that was predictable in the delightfully Erynn Mangum sort of way, yet still new and unique enough to keep you reading at a fast pace.

Paige is amazing. Sarcastic and real, yet compassionate and always willing to serve at heart. In fact, it is her sympathetic nature that gets her over her in head in projects. And she always finds herself unable to say no to the dozens o
Vendethiel
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book broke my heart. Erynn Mangum wrote the Lauren Holbrook books, which loved and laughed through and re-read. She wrote the Maya Davis books, which I liked. I was so excited for this book and ended up being so very disappointed. I gave it 2 stars out of love for the author, because truth to tell, I didn't like this book at all. I have 4 major problems with it:

First, it was boring. It was really, really, really boring. The author can take everyday lives and made them interesting and funny
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Erynn Mangum is the only author I know who can write a great book without anything "big" happening. Paige is a twenty-something single girl who can't say no....whether it's doing more than what's required as a secretary, teaching the youth, or even folding the church bulletins for the week. Is she so busy serving God that she's not spending any time with him?

The book takes us through a few months of Paige's life. While nothing major happens, this is a great book. The author has a knack for quick
Natalie
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I enjoyed Paige's sarcastic sense of humor, but I felt that the book good bogged down in detail. It felt like the author mentioned how busy/tired/stressed out Paige was 50 thousand times. It got really repetitive.

I wasn't wild about her best friend Layla; she seemed very selfish and into herself. There were a few moments where she was a good friend, but most of the time I found her fairly obnoxious.

I liked Tyler a lot. He and Paige had some cute scenes and I liked that he looked out for her.
Olivia
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lot like her other books, but I still really enjoyed it! I love that Paige is learning to give her busy life to the Lord, and not control it so much. Really need to read the rest in the series soon!!
Carissa
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very annoying book for a light read. If you are going to base a book in a specific location, don’t make assumptions about the location. Do research. Dallas in January and February is not warm. It’s winter. Maybe not ridiculously cold, but the average temp is not 70 and it does have ice and snow. This concept that Texas is one long heat wave is just imagination.
Mandi
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re in the mood for a fun, laughter-filled book, this one is perfect! Paige’s sarcasm cracked me up & I loved her heart for serving her church- that’s rare anymore! Good book 😊
Kelsey Messner
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Summary

Paige Alder has a problem: She can't say no to anyone. Whether it's helping her best friend plan a party for her parents' anniversary, or volunteering to teach two-year-olds at church. Not to mention the fact that she is still doing secretarial work at the adoption agency she works at, a position her boss loves to see her complete to perfection, though her degree qualifies her to take on actual cases. As she helps her best friend plan for her upcoming wedding, Paige learns that there is o
Celestial
This was such a wonderful book! I know this is clique but Erynn Mangum did it again.
If you have read a Erynn Mangum book and not liked it, then you shouldn't read any of my reviews on her books because I love them all.
In all of the books that I have read of Erynn's all of the characters have been very funny, joking around kind of people. Paige, (the main character in this book), was actually relatively serious. Don't get me wrong there was quite a bit of humor in this book, but she was a littl
Nadine Keels
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
It seems Paige Alder is so many good things to everyone. But between volunteering at church, wearing various hats at work, and helping her best friend prepare for an anniversary party and subsequent wedding, Paige barely has a minute to herself anymore. When she's got no time to eat right, to make crafts, or to spend with Tyler—this great, new guy she's met—something's got to give in Paige Torn, a novel by author Erynn Mangum.

I find it unfitting that this book has been officially categorized and
Ella J.
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pros: Prior to reading 'Paige Torn,' it had been quite a while since I had read a teen contemporary book. I have to say that apart of some Jenny B. Jones books, I don't read a lot of that genre.
I was pleasantly surprised by this first book in the Paige Adler series. Paige and I have similar opinions and life situations so I found my self thinking, "Yes!" several times. Paige and several of the other characters had a great sense of humor that had me smiling. One of the main reasons why I don't r
Emily Grace
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-bookshelf
I was in need of a “desert” book in order to give my brain a break, and remembered how much I loved this series when I was about 17.
It’s a cute story, with some great life lessons to be had near the end of the book, but I must say, the writing style was stressing me out! Scenes are over-explained to an unnecessary extent, and some circumstances are a bit unrealistic, but I think that’s normal for this kind of genre.
I’d say this series would appeal mostly to teen girls.
Lynette
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: borowed
Easy read with likeable characters. Examines how we need to be able to recognise what God wants us to do, and not just say yes to because what we are being asked to do is a good thing. Also looks at the need to find balance in what we do and allow time for rest and, more importantly, to spend with God. The ending is a direct link for the next book.
Jennifer Wilson
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fun read. Except Paige is TOO busy. I sometimes felt tired just reading about how busy she was. That said, I'm also in my 40s and just can't handle the life Paige was living in this book. It was still a really great story, fun read, and I laughed out loud several times -- which is something I rarely do when reading. So, yeah, I recommend it. :)
Kelly
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I seriously laughed til there were tears in my eyes multiple times. This book was so much fun. Just a great story about a 22 year old woman trying to figure out life and balance and priorities, but some hilarious characters along the way.
Emma
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-i-love
This was personally 5 Stars for me: I could relate sooo much to Paige and it was so sweet and hilarious. Very real and such a blessing. Can’t wait for the next one!
Sarah Violet
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars
Celestria
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I very much liked this book. It was a relief to realize Paige is nothing like Lauren Holbrooke, lol. I was kind of annoyed with this ending though! I need book 2!!
Heaven Loewen
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my new favorite books!
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
To say that Paige Alder is busy is a complete understatement. Aside from the sleep she must be getting between everything she manages to accomplish it seems that her schedule is booked solid. Carrying around a planner is a necessity since without it, I'm not sure where she would likely wind up. In fact, being a single girl with no romantic prospects on her future horizon gives her the excuse to simply say "Yes!" to everything anyone ever asks her to do.

From managing her job at the adoption agenc
Camron
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paige Torn was cute.

In a Hallmark, guilty-pleasure kind of gushy cute. Not to say that isn't a good thing, because we all love to indulge in a little sappy romance, right?

[image error]

It also had some good meat to the story. A harried young woman who constantly puts others before herself to try to do what God wants her to do. Her heart is in the right place, but she doesn't realize that God just wants a relationship and her serving doesn't have to mean that she says yes to everyone and neglect
Carissa
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reviews
My favorite Erynn Mangum book so far. Cannot wait of the sequel. Review to come soon.

Title: Paige Torn

Author: Erynn Mangum

Series: Paige Alder

Chapters: 19

Pages: 291

Genre: Christian Chick Lit

Rating: 5 stars

Paige Torn is the newest by Erynn Mangum, and she does it again. Paige Torn is another great book by Erynn. However I may be slightly bias because I’ve loved all of her novels and novella’s. Erynn writes characters that one relates to. As well as the right balance of humor and Faith. Paige to
Lindsey Silvestrini
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I could relate a lot to Paige Adler in Paige Torn. Saying no to people, especially when it's church related, is hard! You want to do everything you can to serve and sometimes it's hard to find the balance of what you should say yes and should say no to.

At just twenty two Paige is enjoying her single life. She has her own apartment, a job she loves and serves in youth ministry at her church. Somehow this serving continues to increase in volume. Her planning is bursting at the seams and she can't
Nancee
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nancee by: 1
Paige Torn is a busy girl, working full-time for an adoption agency, teaching Sunday school, working with the girls in youth group, and volunteering for various other church activities when asked. Her best friend recently became engaged, and wants Paige involved in all of the planning for her fall wedding. Paige is already helping plan a wedding anniversary party for her friend's parents, and making all the arrangements for the adoption agency's annual fund raiser. There's a new guy working with ...more
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Title: PAIGE TORN
Author: Erynn Mangum
Publisher: NavPress
May 2013
ISBN: 978-1-6129-1298-1
Genre: Teen / young adult

Everyone knows they can count on Paige Alder. But between volunteering at church, putting in overtime at work, and helping her best friend plan an anniversary party and wedding, she's lucky to grab a cheese stick for dinner.

Pamela Hubbard
While this newest book by Mangum didn't make me laugh as hard as her previous series, the main character still had a great sense of humor and the book rolled along pretty quickly. This new series follows Paige, a 22 year old college graduate who is trying to find her place, impact people's lives and make a difference. Unfortunately, Paige has a hard time saying no and ends up running herself ragged, not doing herself or anyone else any favours. She starts to learn that serving isn't a substitute ...more

• The Big Picture (Katie Parker Productions, #3)
  • Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1)
  • For Love of Eli (Quilts of Love, #4)
  • Cowgirl Trail (Texas Trails, #5)
  • Finally and Forever (Katie Weldon, #4)
  • Beautiful
  • Pieces of the Heart (Quilts of Love, #9)
  • A Delirious Summer
  • Rebel (The Brides of Alba #3)
  • Flora's Wish (The Secret Lives of Will Tucker, #1)
  • Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here, #1)
  • The Whitney Chronicles
  • Turning the Paige (Getaway Girls, #2)
  • Lock, Stock, and Over a Barrel (Dear Daphne #1)
  • On a Ring and A Prayer (Jessie Stanton #1)
  • Savannah by the Sea
  • The Winner's Game
  • Barefoot Summer (Chapel Ridge #1)

I love to read, love to write and am very blessed to be the mama of two precious little boys and the wife of an amazing man. Look for the Lauren Holbrook series (Miss Match, ReMatch and Match Point), the Maya Davis series (Cool Beans, Latte Daze and Double Shot) Sketchy Behavior, and the Paige Alder series (Paige Torn, Paige Rewritten and Paige Turned) in paperback and ebook format! Thank you for

Paige Alder (3 books)
  • Paige Rewritten (Paige Alder #2)
  • Paige Turned (Paige Alder #3)