Start by marking “The Last Wolf of Ireland” as Want to Read:
The Last Wolf of Ireland

The Last Wolf of Ireland

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  134 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Published September 24th 1990 by Clarion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Last Wolf of Ireland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Wolf of Ireland

Koohiki
Jun 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that i ever cried at. I litterally balled my head off. I will always love this book for that reason. I opened and read the first page and was captivated by it. It took me in heart and soul.
Kayla
Oct 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book , I read it when I was about 7 years old ,it made me cry :'), this book is amazing, the storyline is fantastic.
Marvin E.
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
You would think that there is probably no wolf in Ireland now or ever,if you thought about that then your wrong.This book is about a boy that lives in a little town in Ireland,he got bully by another boy from the town.Now you can experience how this boy (Devin) raised the last wolf of Ireland.The genre of the book is historical fiction.This book is very happy,sad,angry, and scary all at the same time.This book brings lots of emotion to the reader that's what makes it great.

The setting is in a
Books Kids Like
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: malterre-elona
When the sounds of the forest during a dense fog scare Devin O'Hara into running off the road, he meets a she-wolf. Having been taught that wolves attack and eat people, Devin is surprised when the female leaves him unharmed. Later, he finds this same wolf dead at the hands of Squire Watson. Devin and his friend, Katey, go to find the pups before the squire can kill them. They succeed in hiding the three wolf pups for awhile but then the town bully, Paul Chandler, follows them to the hiding plac ...more
Rachel
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Katelyn Klein
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, in grade 5 my teacher read it to the class and i cried. Im the only person who cried but that is good because it means it makes an impact on you. This is a must read book it had a few flaws but those flaws made it perfect. So grab your hanky and open the book and read. Trust me you will love it and will not up it down.
Claire
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Ireland in the 1780s, a young boy and girl who find a wolf's den in the forest vow to protect the animals from the superstitious townspeople and the greed of the hunters. Despite the frightening stories they have heard about wolves, they attempt to defy authority and save the last wolf left in the country.
We read this aloud, after our librarian featured it for St. Patrick's Day. It was sad, and we still enjoyed it. I thought it was a good introduction to the history of the relationship between Ireland and England, and it has sparked much interest in wolves.
Mariah
Feb 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was one of the first actual chapter books I've read, and its one of the two book that have ever made me cry. (The other is Stone Fox)
Kenneth Minyard
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Almost cried! I seriously underestimated this book.
  • Molnfri bombnatt
  • Jacob Two-Two and the Dinosaur
  • The Secret in the Dark (Nancy Drew, #102)
  • The Red Bird
  • Skugg-gömman (Skuggserien, #4)
  • In the Wilderness (The Master of Hestviken, #3)
  • Stad i världen (Stadserien, #5)
  • The Curse of the Viking Grave
  • En herrgårdssägen
  • Kvinnor och äppelträd
  • The Wingless Bird
  • I Miss You, I Miss You!
  • According to Mary Magdalene
  • My Life in the Bush of Ghosts
  • The Last Wolf
  • The Evil Twin (Sweet Valley High, #100)
Elona Malterre describes The Last Wolf of Ireland as a dramatization of "issues concerning life, the futility of violence, and the recognition that human beings must respect all living things."

Born in France and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, where she now lives, Elona Malterre is a recipient of the Bliss Carman Award for poetry. Her love of Ireland was sparked when she took a course in Irish
More about Elona Malterre...