Start by marking “Still” as Want to Read:
Still

Still

Still is a medical murder mystery about a doctor who is invited out of town to give a medical conference. She is accompanied by her husband and sixteen year-old son. When they arrive, they soon discover the trip was a trap and what happens next is every parent's nightmare.

Follow the story of a mass murderer who is dead set to take his revenge on those who have done someth
Published December 7th 2012 by Xlibris

To ask other readers questions about Still, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still

Start your review of Still
L. Eira
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Loved it. Wrote it.
Jessica
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: allllll-mine, 2013
Not as bad as expected with a self published novel.

First the good:
- interesting plot with some not unbelievable twists
- reasonable sounding science and medicine, which is often not the case in fiction.

The bad:
- the characters felt somewhat fake and bland, found it the worst when they had conversations, especially those where any kind of strong emotion was supposed to be expressed.
- strangely even though Amy is a doctor and seems to be the head of a research center SHE has to stay at their son
Ted Persinger
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Imagine you’re the director of a research laboratory and that you’re asked to go out of town to give a medical conference, something you do often. This time, you take your family, for a long weekend of R&R. When you get there, your sixteen year-old son collapses and is taken to the hospital. He’s diagnosed with acute poisoning. Somehow he’s been given a toxin with no known antidote and you’re told he has ten hours to live. Twelve at most.

You'll be running to hug your children and loved ones afte
J.M. Hushour
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It isn't often that one is treated to a fixed genre type novel that was actually written by someone so immersed in the field that they drown the reader in the nuances and minutiae of their world. Tom Clancy or Le Carre spring to mind as a good examples of novelists with a background of expertise in a particular field that allow the worlds they portray within the novel to be as fleshed out as humanly possible.
Now, I'm not a mystery fan in particular, and I'm especially ignorant of the genre of th
One-Click
Audiobook

Narration - Roberto Scarlato - Pretty Good - Good range of character voices. LOVED his voice for the bad guy!

So, I really enjoyed this story and the way it was told (even though at times it confused me). There are some flashbacks, and it switches to different characters and different storylines - but stick with it. For a bit, you'll be wondering why we are suddenly here and learning about this little story line and then all the sudden you find out why. I kind of like that style of stor
Jeff
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The premise of this story had much potential, but the author failed to pull it off. The characters were flat and stereotypical. Their emotions and behaviors
seemed unnatural and forced. Some of the dialog was artificial and awkward. Many of the actions and events were quite obviously contrived and unrealistic,
especially at the end. Basically, the author tried too hard to force suspense into the story and ended up going over the top.

The floundering story was made worse by the dismal performance o
Rhoda D'Ettore
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A deadly poison. A serial killer on the loose. A race against the clock before more people die.

In this suspenseful medical thriller, author Dr. L. Jan Eira uses his medical knowledge to plunge the reader into a police investigation involving a serial killer and a deadly poison. What starts out at a family weekend out of town quickly becomes a quest to save lives--including the son of the two main characters. Time is of the essence in this fast pace thriller.

The author did a great job capturing
Annie
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

I was drawn into this story from the very beginning...and did not want to put it down! Ben and Amy go on a weekend trip with there son Billy, not knowing it was all a setup....Billy ends up poisoned and is quickly dying and they can not figure out why! Well there is a mad man among them, and he has revenge on his mind...with little time the cops and Ben have to figure out who this killer is and how to save Billy...But wil
Tere Fredericks
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart Pounding

Pun intended. There is a twist at the end you definitely don't see coming. I literally stayed awake all night to finish. I have read the other two books by Dr. Eira, and definitely hope there are more. One of the best of this genre I have read in a long time. I got this through Kindle Unlimited, just this book made this month's payment worth it.
Kathy
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a page turner that I found by chance. It gives you great character development so you feel that you can see through their eyes. The medical aspect was not overwhelming for readers without a medical background. I am anxious to try another one of this writer's books!
Lezli
Intriguing Storyline

This book will keep you involved and guessing all the way through, with an interesting twist ending. I look forward to reading more books by this author, as this was very well written and engaging.
Nick Lizanich
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dr. L. Jan Eira has created a murder mystery that keeps you on the edge of your seat. His writing style is fast paced and kept me wanting to read more. If you liked the novel/movie Coma, you will love Still. This is a must read!
Charity
Oct 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
Too contrived, but that in and of itself is forgivable. What really made me give this book the lowest possible rating is the writing - especially the dialog. If you ever want to do a MST3K of books - this is your meal ticket!
Kathleen D. Brown
Sep 08, 2015
William K. CROWLEY
Sep 08, 2015
Anna M Shurtliff
rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2017
kathy solvey
rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2017

• Doctor's Dilemma
L. Jan Eira is a cardiologist who discovered a passion to write mystery and thrillers. He has published multiple novels. He is also a playwright having had multiple of his plays on stage.

News & Interviews