Start by marking “Superman Family Adventures, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Superman Family Adventures, Vol. 1

Superman Family Adventures, Vol. 1

Superman! Superboy! Supergirl! Krypto the Superdog! The entire Superman family is re-imagined here in this energetic all-ages graphic novel. Read on as the heroes of Metropolis fight foes such as Bizarro, Metallo, Lex Luthor and...giant monkeys?

The critically acclaimed team behind TINY TITANS tackle the Superman family in this all-ages graphic novel!

Collects Superman Famil
Published July 2nd 2013 by DC Comics (first published May 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Superman Family Adventures, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman Family Adventures, Vol. 1

Mehsi
Actually read this one in Dutch. Just had too many other library books to add already, and didn't feel like doing this one.

This was a really good comic, I was quite delighted to see it at the library. I have read more comics with the art of Franco, I just love his art and how well it fits with the superhero theme.

The book is mostly consisting of the Superman family saving the day from various baddies that everyone knows, from Luthor to Bizarro. I definitely liked those parts, but there were ot
Holly Letson
Series Review:
These stories are fun. So is the art. They are wonderful "time killer" quick reads - but, nothing all that memorable.
Hope
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Book Challenge Category: An All-Ages Comic

This book further confirms that graphic novels are definitely not my jam. I can see why my 8 year old son loved this series-- it is very silly. This is definitely a children's book-- but it doesn't offer much for adults.
John
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
excellent Superman comic for young fans. It's a shame only 12 issues were released.
Lizz
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Honestly, all I wanted from this all-ages Superfam comic was a smile and it gave me loads. It's ridiculously cute. I had fun reading it.
Jacob
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Superman Family Adventures will appeal to all ages. To readers familiar with the creator's work on Tiny Titans, this book will do you one better. The love and affection for Superman and especially the Richard Donner films in particular drip right off the page. If my memory serves me every issue lifted dialogue from the Christopher Reeve movies. The paper stock was glossy this time around as opposed to cheap newsprint so Tiny Titans readers will note the difference of the brighter, sharper color ...more
Diz
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
A great introduction to Superman for young children. When reading this with young children, it can lead to lots of interesting discussions about characters, their relationships, their powers, and their motivations. This is commonly requested as a bedtime story in my family. The art is charming and is really appealing to kids. Major comic book publishers should publish more superhero titles that are equally accessible to young children to help us comic book fans share our interests with our child ...more
Carol
Some people might not realize that Superman isn't the only Krptonian around. He is sometimes joined by his cousins, Supergirl and Superboy. They also get help from Krypto the Super Dog, Streaky the Super Cat, Fuzzy the Super Mouse, Beppo the Super Monkey and even Comet the Super Horse. The first six issues of the Superman Family Adventures comics series is collected in this book. The illustration style is not my favorite, but it works well for this silly but entertaining adventures. I definitely ...more
Brian McLachlan
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Baltazar and Franco's comics are the perfect introduction for kids to the awesomeness of Superman. All the best characters are there, but introduced in a way that doesn't feel like a staged introduction. It's wonderfully silly. The art is gorgeous, fun, full of energy and sheer joy. We read this over and over in our house.
L
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
A great book for young reluctant readers! This comic collection is vibrant in color with large easy to read text. Also, the issues in this volume are formatted as multiple smaller stories (#1-6). As an adult reader, the quick uncomplicated endings to the stories were not ideal but I loved the humor.
Charles Mitchell
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not ashamed to admit I loved this book clearly aimed at grade schoolers. The simple art is reminiscent of Peanuts and adds an extra layer of nostalgia to this legendary character. The stories are short simple fun filled with cartoon violence and sweet lessons about family and friendship. Would be a great book for kids learning to read. I highly recommend this fun series for kids of all ages.
Magdalena Wilson
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this directly after finishing American Psycho to get my off of it so I could sleep. It was a good decision. This book is absolutely adorable and worth every penny. I found myself smiling at many different points.
Steph Myers
Loud! Great for the young reluctant reader. Super Diaper Baby and Daniel Boom would be good to graduate to, then Big Nate or Diary of a Wimpy Kid or any of the newer hybrids of graphic and prose juvenile novels
Michael
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Very few of the jokes landed for me, and the whimsical nature trended toward shallow cliches. It's not my thing. I'll stash it somewhere until my kids are a little older and maybe they'll dig it more than I did.
Emmett Spain
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful, fun, very knowing collection of tales that offers plenty of smiles for kids of all ages.
Ian
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
An exhilarating way to think about Superman: what if he were just simple, honest, silly fun? I especially love the notion that Lois knows Clark's really Superman, but just plays along with him.
Brian
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, kids
awesome fun for the whole family!!
Connie Murphy
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it
A light, cute read...totally enjoyable...
Bob
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Silver-agey fun for the whole family!
Robin
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Superman, his cousins, and their pets in kid-friendly adventures for a new generation of fans.
Gillian Dawson
3.5

Very cute and good for old and young fans alike.
Jdetrick
While not as much fun as Tiny Titans, their are more complete stories in this volume, and Baltazar/Franco comics are always worth reading.
Hassanchop
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to get younger kids to read. A great fun read. It reminds me in spirit of Barks.
Fang McGee
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aw yeah, Superman Family!
Philip Cosand
Brett
Jul 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Superman, Volume 2: Secrets and Lies
  • DC Super Hero Girls: Date with Disaster!
  • Batman: Li'l Gotham, Vol. 1
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 10: Club Kids
  • Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman Vol. 2
  • The Shade
  • Justice League International, Vol. 4
  • Rutabaga the Adventure Chef (Adventure Chef #1)
  • The Brave and the Bold, Vol. 1: The Lords of Luck
  • American Flagg!, Vol. 1
  • Secret Six, Vol. 2: Depths
  • Wolverine and the X-Men, Volume 5
  • Power Girl, Vol. 2: Aliens and Apes
  • The Emerald City of Oz
  • Rust Vol. 1: Visitor in the Field
  • The King's Dragon (Three Thieves, #4)
Arthee "Art" Baltazar is an American comics artist and writer who currently works for DC Comics.