Start by marking “Sweet Tooth, Volume 6: Wild Game” as Want to Read:
Sweet Tooth, Volume 6: Wild Game

Sweet Tooth, Volume 6: Wild Game

(Sweet Tooth #6)

Dr. Singh arrives in Alaska and uncovers the origins of Gus and the hybrid children and the cause of the plague that decimated the world. And as Gus and Jepperd finally arrive in Alaska and come face to face with the truth, the militia continues to bear down on them. Their deadliest battle is still ahead.

Collecting: Sweet Tooth 33-40
Paperback, Trade, 198 pages
Published June 25th 2013 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Tooth, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Tooth, Volume 6

Start your review of Sweet Tooth, Volume 6: Wild Game
Lindsey Rey
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That was literal perfection. What an amazing ending to an amazing series!
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Now THAT is how you end a comic series. What a wonderful conclusion! One of my all-time favorites for sure.
Mari
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

Here is my full series review for volumes 1-6.

The big "reveal" for the series came in volume 5 and it was supremely not what I expected. Volume 6 continues down that path of "not what I expected" EXCEPT that it fully delivered on the one thing I knew would happen and that would promptly destroy my heart.

Throughout the whole series there is the background push of finding out just what happened and where the hybrids come from. The characters and the relationships often outshone that for me. I was
Sam Quixote
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Gus, Jepperd, and co. leave Evergreen for good and head to Alaska where they find out the cause of the Plague that wiped out humanity. The Militia catch up with them and a desperate final battle takes place.

That's about it for this book. The big reveal behind what caused the Plague which we found out about in Book 5 isn't built upon in this book so there's no larger mystery unearthed for readers in this book. That disappointing explanation in Book 5 is it. Jeff Lemire even has Jepper
David Schaafsma
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great series, five stars, pretty amazing, with post-apocalyptic horror and sweetness combined. You come to really care about the characters. But this resolution isn't as satisfying as I hoped... complicated... Gus and Buddy, two hybrids pitted against each other near the end... then a kind of peaceful resolution after a troubling war... But overall, this series is pretty great stuff...
AMEERA
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with this comics ❤' ...more
Afro Madonna
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ooouuuu Sweet Tooth got buff!

description

This was just beautiful. Review to come.
G.
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Upped the ratings—I ended up loving apocalyptic Bambi. Lemire just became a favorite.
Alison
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I feel like it took an embarrassing amount of time for me to finish this series. That being said, I thought this concluded very well and I liked the story telling aspect at the end.
Wasn't expecting this to be so religious heavy though, but I guess I should have seen it coming since so much relies on the "bible" that Gus's father had.
Really enjoyed this and was a solid graphic novel series.
Stacy Fetters
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sneaky-librarian
My heart!! 😭😭 That’s how you end an amazing series. I’m not sure what I was expecting in the end, but this sadness wasn’t it.

I’m not crying..... not at all.... I just splashed some water on my face.....
Candice
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am not crying. You are. 😭
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
Licha
All the stars to this series. It has come to its conclusion with Vol. 6 and I'm so sad. This book had me feeling so hard for these characters. From the start of the series, my heart felt such a heaviness while reading it. I couldn't shake off the fear that something bad was about to happen to Gus and Jepperd and all their friends. I wanted so badly to protect Gus and mend Jepperd's heart. Every volume had me wanting to cry even before reading it just because the characters were so real to me and ...more
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
4.0 Stars
This was a good conclusion to this story. It’s nice to read a graphic novel series with a concrete ending, since so many other ones seem to go over indefinitely.
Kate
5/5stars

AGH

Okay so like, I loved this comic book series. It was an absolute adventure from page one, and I personally loved this ending. I heard some people weren't a big fan, but I personally liked how Jeff Lemire definitely could have gone in one direction but decided to go in a waY BETTER AND WAY MORE ORIGINAL DIRECTION WHICH WAS JUST GR8 OMG.

I really highly suggest this to an older audience who just want a really amazing story with great characters, great
Aldo Haegemans
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing series with the perfect ending. I bought the entire TP collection over 1 year ago and it was on my bookshelf all that time collecting dust with allot of other series I Yet have to read. Am I glad I finaly started this. I read all 6 in the span of 3 days. It will go down as one of my favorite comic series of all time. This is the kind of story you want everyone to read. I am definitily going to read more stories from Jeff Lemire now.
Sabrina
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, read-in-2016
That ending though ;-;
brea
Maria
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
the ending was EVERYTHING. I’m not getting over this any time soon.
Paz R.M.
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh no, I can't stop crying. The last issue was perfect. Perfect.
(I'll write something else later, now I just wanna enjoy the beauty of this story)
Peter Derk
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very good ending to a very good series.

Ending something people like is always tough. Ending shitty things is easy. You just stop. But when you have to end something that's good, there's pressure. Because if you eat a great meal and end it with soured ice cream, part of that last lingering taste is always going to color the experience.

Jeff Lemire did a great job with this one. The ending was satisfying. The way things ended for characters didn't have you shouting about h
Chris Lemmerman
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stewart Tame
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent series, one of the best post-aopocalypse stories I've ever read. Things generally end well. Some characters die. Some survive. You might shed a tear or two. Although not all questions are answered, enough of them are that the end feels satisfying. Lemire's storytelling has been top notch throughout. All in all, Sweet Tooth has been a riveting series, and a fine example of the sorts of things of which comic books are capable.
Ana Carolina Maciel
Sooo phenomenal, this excellent closure brings all the feels! I can't believe this series is already over, everything about this graphic novel is epic, every volume was an absolute page turner that just kept getting better and I must say Jeff Lemire saved the best for last.

JumbleofJargon
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm satisfied with the "WHAT" but unsatisfied with the "WHY".
Neal
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet tooth is the best post-apocalyptic graphic novel I've ever read. The series reminds me of a old fashion Grimms fairy tale, it had a kidish quality to it, but at the same time it's very dark.
Julian
May 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books
Elizabeth A
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphix, 2015
The sixth and final installment in this graphic novel series collects issues #33-40.

Everyone is in Alaska. The gang is all here, and you just know that an epic showdown is in the cards.

I am often disappointed with how a series ends. So many of them lose their steam along the way, so was braced as this one drew to a close. Imagine my surprise when I found a satisfying ending.

I'd highly recommend this graphic novel series to fans of apocalyptic fiction, fantasy,
Artemy
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, dc-vertigo
Disappointing ending for an otherwise good series. I didn't like the reason behind the plague, nor did I enjoy the last chapter about what happened to everybody. Much too cheesy, unnatural and poorly thought through. Alas, instead of his own Scalped, Lemire wrote his own Y: The Last Man. A series that was good in premise but just couldn't handle its own weight by the end. Still, overall I don't regret reading this series. There were a lot of sweet and emotional moments. After all, it is what Lem ...more
Cath
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
Oh my god what a conclusion, so satisfying as well!
The characters in this series seem so real to me, you really do get attached to them.
I loved the ending and I cried so much.
I HIGHLY recommend that you guys check out Sweet Tooth volume 1! It's such an amazing and interesting series, definitely one of my favourites now!

• MIND MGMT, Volume Three: The Home Maker
  • MIND MGMT, Volume Four: The Magician
  • Outer Darkness, Vol. 1: Each Other's Throats
  • MIND MGMT, Volume Two: The Futurist
  • American Vampire, Vol. 3
  • Keys to the Kingdom (Locke & Key, #4)
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 1: Or is he Both?
  • Southern Bastards, Vol. 4: Gut Check
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 10: Whys and Wherefores (Y: The Last Man, #10)
  • Clockworks (Locke & Key, #5)
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 3: Hulk In Hell
  • Farmhand, Vol. 1: Reap What Was Sown
Jeff Lemire is a New York Times bestselling and award winning author, and creator of the acclaimed graphic novels Sweet Tooth, Essex County, The Underwater Welder, Trillium, Plutona, Black Hammer, Descender, Royal City, and Gideon Falls. His upcoming projects include a host of series and original graphic novels, including the fantasy series Ascender with Dustin Nguyen.

Sweet Tooth (6 books)