Start by marking “The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)

The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  8,033 Ratings  ·  1,421 Reviews
A fast-paced international escapade, laced with adrenaline, glamour, and romance — perfect for fans of Ally Carter

Avery West's newfound family can shut down Prada when they want to shop in peace, and can just as easily order a bombing when they want to start a war. Part of a powerful and dangerous secret society called the Circle, they believe Avery is the key to an ancien
Published January 13th 2015 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about The Conspiracy of Us, please sign up.
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Hmmm... I wouldn't call it a love triangle... but it definitely plays around with the idea.
Maggie Hall It's going to be The Conspiracy of Us. We just announced it, and it is now changed on the listing. Thanks for asking!
Red Queen by Victoria AveyardAn Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenMy Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine WargaThe Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
YA Debuts 2015
419 books — 3,363 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerEnd of Days by Susan Ee
YA Novels of 2015
1,469 books — 8,818 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola
There are so many things that this book wasn't, but you know what The Conspiracy of Us turned out to be? Fun.

When Avery’s high school greets a new student, Jack, Avery is simultaneously and inexplicably attracted and mystified by the guy. And when she finds a photo of herself falling off his bag and hears him make a strange phone call – with a British accent! – she feels Jack is withholding something from her. Turns out her intuition was right, because learning she is somehow connected to the Ci
Maggie Hall
Jan 03, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
MAP OF FATES (Conspiracy of Us #2) will be out March 8!

Want to win an ARC? https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/en...

Map of Fates by the Numbers
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
I actually really enjoyed this! I thought it was a really fun action packed read and I'm looking forward to continuing the trilogy. Video review to come!
Emily May
Feb 04, 2015 marked it as lost-interest
I checked out the Penguin sampler of this and it seems it would suit people who like a heavy dose of boys, love and fashion in their thrillers. Nothing wrong with that, just knew it wasn't for me when I read this on page 3:

I wasn't just fascinated with his forearms, though, or his deep gray eyes, or the dimple in his right cheek. He was ridiculously attractive - not pretty, but good-looking in a chiseled way, his jawline an angle rather than a curve, not a strand of espresso-colored hair out of
Lainey
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa3m8...

Actual Rating: 4.5/5

Ahhhh, ok this was great. You want to know why? Because I had zero expectations going into this, and had NO IDEA how much I was going to love it. I believe this book is extremely underrated with not many people (at least on Booktube) talking about it. Yeah, changing that.

So what I loved most about this book was that it APPEALED to so many different sides of myself. It's so action-packed the action movie lover in me was ro
sreeja
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
This book played out like a really cool adventure movie (the kind I would pay to watch) right from the start. If you are looking for a fast-paced thrilling read that takes you in a journey around the world and is filled with theories and secret societies: look no more. Okay, there were quite a lot of issues that I had with this book but it’s kind of addictive I so can’t wait for the next one.
Set in:
Paris; France
 photo giphy_zpstxcqvljt.gif
Istanbul; Turkey
 photo large_zpsfpmsrqqh.gif

What was one of the most fun things about this book was that it
l a i n e y
Warning: I am not in a charitable mood.

I didn't care if he was a Greek god. I didn't trust him for a second. And that would have been true even if he hadn't (view spoiler) a few hours ago.

This from a girl who literally three, yes THREE PAGES ago agreed to go with him to god knows where and when he told her they were going abroad, just gingerly got on the plane with him. And this was after the (view spoiler) stunt.

What the h
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
description

Listen to my The Conspiracy of Us fanmix on 8tracks.
Review also posted at Young Adult Hollywood.

ACTUAL RATING: 4.5 Stars

Ancient puzzle? Traveling across Europe, code-breaking, masked balls and Prada.

I knew I would consume this book even before I got the chance to read it. I am drawn to books, television show or any fiction that exude lavish and sophistication. I am cheap like that and The Conspiracy of Us is anything, but delightful and posh. What a perfect way to ruin me.

I am always on a quest
Riley
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was so much fun! It had all the elements of adventure movies that I love wrapped into a book. It was a thrilling, fast-paced story about a secret society and an ancient prophecy that ties back to Alexander the Great.

I definitely recommend this for people who like movies such as National Treasure and The Mummy.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN!
Jen Ryland
This DaVinci Code inspired YA will appeal to those who enjoy action-packed, plot driven books. The premise (secret society who runs the world, girl with violet eyes who is the key to EVERYTHING...) is admittedly far-fetched, but as I've blogged about before, most teen thrillers are far-fetched by definition and you have to just shut off your brain and go with it.

For those who are love triangle averse, just read that synopsis: the romance in this book definitely has a triangular configuration (i
Sophie
I've been after this book for awhile now, and really wish I'd picked it up months earlier. Honestly, I think this may be one of my favourite books ever.

In The Conspiracy of Us, Avery West is flung into a world she never imagined could exist. She finds out that her paternal family, that she knew absolutely nothing about, was part of a sort of secret society that spanned back to the days of Alexander the Great. Now she's part of a quest to uncover the lost tomb of Alexander, and discovers stuff ab
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
I just... really don't like Avery. She's selfish and stupid and agh.

Stellan is pretty much the only character I like... a lot. And I ship him with her, except the fact that she doesn't deserve him.

I love the plot, but gah, stupid Avery ruins it.

That's all.
Trina (Between Chapters)
I don't have too much to say about this one but I really enjoyed it. It's a very intriguing globe trotting, clue solving mystery involving ancient secret societies. Definitely going to continue the series! Audiobook narration was great.
Andreea Pop
RATING: 3.5 STARS

After the roller coaster Never Fade has been, I wanted to read something light and I thought The Conspiracy of Us fit the bill perfectly. Especially after I've been drooling for it since I've read the synopsis and then that gorgeous cover got released.

Well, let me warn you. The first few chapters or so were the definition of shitty writing, shitty characters and shitty intrigue.

I was bored out of my mind and I kept rolling my eyes at the clichés portrayed. Avery, the main cha
Kassidy
*3.75*

This is definitely a fun and entertaining read. However, I didn't love the main character and the plot is predictable
Nikoleta
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Το θέμα το οποίο πραγματεύεται είναι εξωφρενικό, αλλά επειδή το διάβασα με την διάθεση που διαβάζω τα YA fantasy, δεν με ενόχλησε στιγμή το ότι ανακάτευε Μέγα Αλέξανδρο, Ναπολέοντα, Αριστοτέλη, με αρχαίους θησαυρούς, υπερδυνάμεις, το γονίδιο των βιολετιών ματιών, την ακαΐα κ.α.
Αντιθέτως είχε πλάκα.
Όντως έχει μέσα στοιχεία από Dan Brown –ταξιδάκια ανά την υφήλιο και ψαχουλέματα για στοιχεία σε παγκόσμια μνημεία. Είναι μια καλή περιπέτεια η οποία με διασκέδασε πολύ.
Το ρομάντζο επίσης το βρήκα πο
Wendy Darling
I set this down around 127 pages. It's perfectly fine, and I think fans of Ally Carter and Robin Benway's caper type books will enjoy. This one is a little confusing and not quite as strong in the characterization department, however, and I smell a love triangle as well. Those don't always bother me, but in this case I don't really know enough about any of the parties involved to care that much either way. I wish we'd seen more of Paris, too--though if you're only going to see Prada while you're ...more
Rose
Quick review for a not-so-quick read. Usually Julia Whelan's narrations engage me enough to get through even the most tedious of books, but I still felt the burn listening to this book on audio. I had some try/fail cycles in picking this one up, finally succeeded in finishing the third time around, and I'm kind of surprised for a fast-paced caper thriller how dull, unimaginative, and notably incomplete it was. That's a shame, because I'd really looked forward to this read.

Maggie Hall's "The Con
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
*4.25 stars*

So good so good! Very exciting. I really liked all the characters. I just wish the main character Avery was slightly more fleshed out. I felt a sort of disconnect to her character sometimes. I really liked jack but I LOVED Stellan. He's so interesting and his mysterious childhood and back story has me so intrigued. Can't wait for the next book that comes out this year!
Katie
Oh. My. Gosh.

Normally, I like to be all professional and articulate when I review books, especially now that I'm considered an "author" and other authors are "peers." But let's be totally honest right now - there's no way I'm going to do anything except for flail over this book.

Commence squee-ing in

3...

2...

1...

You know those books that are "me books" - the ones that you see announced on PM or PW, read the premise of, and think, "Wow, that's exactly the kind of book I like"? This is one of those
Jess
°☆.。.:*・Actual Rating: 4.5 stars °☆.。.:*・

I’m about to write y’all the most subjective review ever. Except I’m conscious of my subjectivism. So henceforth, feast your eyes, and minds, on what I like to call my objective portrayal of a highly subjective review. You’re welcome.

Those of you who’ve been around for a while may know of a post I did a while back, something along the lines of bookish kyrptonites—all things that roped me into (at times) rather dud, and on the rare occasion, winning,
Nasty Lady MJ
May 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
To see full review with gifs click here.

I almost, almost, DNF’d this one. I should’ve DNF’d it. There were three strikes against it within the first hundred pages:

1) Purple eyes. Sorry, no. There are way too many Liz Taylor’s in the YA genre.

2) Bastardizing sensitive history. I like when history gets twisted, but stating that two tragic world wars were caused by a super elite family (um, no).

3) Forbidden romance. Enough said.

So, why did I keep reading this one?

The concept.

The concept was made fo
Rachel E. Carter
Jan 12, 2015 added it
Shelves: nmt
Huh. Fist half of book 5 stars and then Stellan disappeared and I got bored (I'm not a huge history buff so easy to lose me with all the artifact hunting and whatnot)... but that ending, that ending gave me hope Jack is not end game (thank god!), and so for romance's sake alone, I will continue to book 2 because Stellan is worth reading about and a girl can dream...
Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥
This book was a lot of fun! It was a bit like Ruby Red with a bit of the movie National Treasure mixed in. There was absolutely nothing sci-fi or paranormal about it besides the mention of a prophecy, but its mysterious existence is basically just accepted. This is all action/adventure/mystery/romance.

I really enjoyed all the history and geography in this. It starts out with Avery in high school, in Minnesota I think. She then travels to Paris, then Istanbul, then Paris again, where they visit
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I love a good jet-setting mystery, and this one was even better than I'd been hoping. Kinda fun, kinda flighty and more than a bit sexy, this book takes the reader from Minnesota to Paris to Istanbul, and though the characters are running for their lives and don't get to explore much, it was fun to go along for the ride. It's a little far-fetched, but it's so exciting and fast-paced that it's easy to forget just how unrealistic this whole plot is.

Conspiracy theories and the like fascinate me, bu
Rebekah
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, ya-addiction
Review found at: www.awesomebooknuts.blogspot.com

3.5 I had some high hopes for this book! I had some high hopes for this book! The cover is amazing, the book sounded amazing! And I honestly can say there isn't really anything WRONG with the book, it just....didn't do it for me like I'd hoped.

It started off really cool, and I really enjoyed that there were these families who really are in control of the world, and how this girl, Avery was hidden away all that and then all of a sudden her life is
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
I think most readers added this book to their TBR when they say it was a YA version of The Da Vinci Code. I'm the opposite. At first, I though, 'ooooh pretty cover!' But since I've never seen or read The Da Vinci Code, that was never really a selling point for me. But I couldn't resist the audiobook when I found out that Julia Whelan was narrating it, who is fantastic! It did take me a little bit to get through the beginning of the book, but once the plot gets moving, it's fast paced all the way ...more
Maya

I’m really glad that I picked this book up! After the emotional turmoil that In The Afterlight brought, I needed a cute and intriguing read to mend my broken heart.

The Conspiracy of us is a fun, thrilling and face-paced story abou
Debby
2 stars

WARNING: I am spoiling this entire book for you and I don't care.

*deep sigh* It's been almost 3 months since I read this book, but I'm just getting around to reviewing it now. It's so laughably terrible that I needed to have the right energy and enough time to fully explain why. Honestly, before I dove into the book, I'd already seen that the public opinion on it was largely negative - but I still went into it with an open mind. It has such a beautiful cover and awesome premise (YA Da Vin
  • I Am Her Revenge
  • Pretending to Be Erica
  • When I Wake
  • Dead to Me
  • Vanished (Vanished, #1)
  • Lock & Mori (Lock & Mori, #1)
  • Ruthless
  • Scarlett Undercover
  • Hold Me Like a Breath (Once Upon a Crime Family, #1)
  • Nobody's Goddess (Never Veil #1)
  • The Fixer (The Fixer, #1)
  • Endangered
  • Mindwalker (Mindwalker, #1)
  • Velvet Undercover
  • Tunnel Vision (Tunnel Vision, #1)
  • Daughter of Deep Silence
  • Blonde Ops
  • The Leveller (The Leveller, #1)
**Please note: I don't check messages on GR very often. Please contact me through my website: www.maggiehall.com or on twitter @MaggieEHall

Maggie Hall is a traveling, decorating, champagne-drinking, USC-football-watching YA author. She is currently traveling the world for an indefinite amount of time with her husband, which means right at this moment, she might be on a beach in Thailand, drinking
More about Maggie Hall

The Conspiracy of Us (3 books)
  • Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2)
  • The Ends of the World (The Conspiracy of Us, #3)
“Toska.” He leaned forward, too. “It’s a Russian word. It has no translation into any other language, but the closest I’ve heard is the ache. A longing. The sense that something is missing, and even if you’re not sure what it is, you ache for it. Down to your bones.” 68 likes
“The thing is, being lonely is like walking in the cold without a coat. It’s uncomfortable, but eventually you go numb. Once you get used to not being lonely, though, the shock of going back is like having your down comforter yanked off at six o’clock on a Minnesota December morning.” 44 likes