Start by marking “Robin in the Hood (Robbin' Hearts Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Robin in the Hood (Robbin' Hearts Series #1)

Robin in the Hood

(Robbin’ Hearts Series #1)

“Is it any wonder I became a bank robber?”
But she never dreamed she’d fall in love…

Wealthy high school student Robin McArthur thinks she has it all figured out when it comes to bilking her wealthy dad for guilt money as a substitute for his genuine affection. Until one day he suffers a stroke, and she learns the brutal truth:
They’re broke.
Her stepmom has skipped the count
Published October 1st 2012 by Bandits Ranch Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Robin in the Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robin in the Hood

Kristalia
Final rating: 4.5/5 stars

Light wanderer by ~FedericoMeuli

"Never betray your real feelings.
Except when you truly fall in love"

I found out about this book because of my friends who liked it. And when i read what it was about, i loved the idea. And it was just cute! I really liked this book - its a type of the book which makes you smile and it was a light read. It was also different, interesting and it held my attention.

I just think this book should have been called:

"Bad boy meets Good gir
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo robin_zpscead7088.jpg

Robin In The Hood is book one in the Robbin Hearts Series by Diane J. Reed. I am thanking my lucky stars that Ms. Reed found me and asked me to review this series for her. This book has a little bit of everything. It has humor, sweet romance, hilarious secondary characters, gripping suspense and a little magic. I have fallen in love with this book.

Robin McArthur has all the material things money can buy. She is a student at The Pinnacle Boarding School, can have anything she wants and has lear
Debra

"Never betray your real feelings.
Except when you truly fall in love."

Robin in the Hood is a remarkable story about loss, friendship, family, forgiveness and love. It's a perfect kind of feel-good story that will leave you with a smile on your face after finishing it.

When we first meet the fifteen year old Robin McArthur, she's the kind of girl who seems to have the perfect live. She has anything money can buy because her dad is a wealthy and he gives her whatever she wants to make up for
Hershey
❀♣✰An enchanted and a magical read✰♣❀

Robin in the Hood was a story about dreams, love, family and magic. This book was amazingly written and I was hooked from the very beginning. It contained all the elements that would grasp and captivate a reader.
The characters were scintillating and lovable. The plot was twisty with secrets, adventures and magic. I loved everything about Robin in the Hood. What is not there not love?

Meet Robin

"No one had ever accused me of having a heart before. How cou
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Dreams-and-Prayers Stars

Startled, I reached up and grasped a . . . feather?

Prayers...

A beautiful story about innocence and mischief. Lost childhood dreams and growing up. The magic that hides in ordinary people's hearts and fantasy. And most of all, kids, that take it upon themselves to save the world.

description

Robin McArthur is a rich, spoiled and pretty much left to raise herself, girl. Motherless since birth and with an absent, career-oriented father, she doesn't lack wealth but attention, love and
Didi
3.5 STARS

I very rarely delve into YA anymore, usually succumbing if the story is compelling enough. This was different. Good, different. It was original, enchanting, magical and whimsical all at the same time. There's an element of magic that weaves through the story but I suspect it'll prove to be a significant aspect in the sequel. Here, the magic was subtle, lightly breathing into the story line, but that makes me all the more excited for where the story goes.

Robin McArthur was a spoiled, ri
SoWrongItsRANDI {Bell, Book & Candle}
Bell, Book & Candle | Robin in the Hood Review

This is one of those throwback novels from a while ago, but I recently stumbled across this at Barnes & Noble and I had to have it after seeing the cover. Seriously, how cool is this title? I wish my name was Robin so I could walk into a room like, "Robin in 'da hood! Holla!". HAHA just kidding (not really). So I just had to read the book where the rich girl (Hall & Oates, anyone?) discovers she's now broke. Not just broke, but "MC Hammer
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3-3.5 Sweet Family is Everything Stars!

This is my first experience with Diane Reed and I can say I liked what have experienced so far! This is basically a modern day fairy tale with a twist!

This is a story about a girl with everything money can buy, except the love and affection she wants and a story about a boy with nothing but the ability to offer everything!

In a setting of magic feathers and crystal balls, yep that is right, I said magic...two people have a tale of friendship, survival, loss,
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
"Sweetheart," she said gravely, "it warn't me who prayed you here. It was Creek."

3 1/2 Stars

Robin's world has come crashing down the day her father has a stroke. She finds out that not only is the mob after him, but foster care could be in her immediate future. Robin makes a run for it with her father in tow.

Robin finds herself pulling up to Turtle Shores Trailer Park a place that has an odd assortment of characters that functions as a family but lives a militia lifestyle. There are attack
Rachel R. (My Book Empire)
This review and more @ Say It With Books blog

Check out our Author Interview with Diane J. Reed @ Say It With Books

I know Diane J. Reed got me in the first two pages.
Robin is just hilarious and witty! She knows how to put things in a different kind of light. :)

She described her boarding school as:

"It's simply the priciest. Quick translation: it's the swankiest prison for teenage girls that money can buy."

I loved Robin in the Hood! The characters, the setting, the craziness, the magic. Everyth
Ian
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who like cute and quirky with a little magic thrown in.
Recommended to Ian by: Soraya Naomi
4.5 Stars

"Wait, what do I do?"
"You git on a helmet honey!" crackled a voice in the darkness. Granny Tinker appeared next to us with a pot on her head. She shoved one onto mine. "This here's WAR."

After her father has a heart attack, Robin quickly discovers they have no money and both the mob and the police are after them. She steals a Mazda Miata and runs with her father finally ending up at a trailer park inhabited by a loveable group of misfits and miscreants.

While there she discovers someth
N.N. Light
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just when you think there's been all the retellings of Robin Hood, there's Robin in the Hood. A fresh retelling of Robin Hood with a modern-day vibe. Robin is a female, which I loved. Such a complex character that I really gelled with. Creek was the typical bad boy with a great sense of humor.

The plot dragged at times and the ending felt rushed. But other than that, it was a solid story.

If you're looking for something different, you'll enjoy this.

Reviewed by: Mrs. N

My Rating: 4 stars
booknerd_dork
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
*I RECEIVED A COPY FROM AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.*
Robin McArthur thought she had her life all figured it out how she wanted, until her father Royle McArtur suffers from a stroke. Her life what she thought crumbles and she learns her father is in dept and they are broke. She loses her loyal BFF: cold, hard cash . To escape form all the debt collectors Robin decides to flee along with her father where no one could find them and end up in backwoods trailer park. When she decided to flee the hos
✿kawehi.reviews
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
☆I received a paperback copy of this book (+Stone of Thieves) from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you SO much!!☆

#What a captivating and magical read! Definitely a timeless adventure filled with mystery, intrigue, enchantment, and life’s ever growing lessons!#

description

Robin McArthur is a girl who on the outside seems like could want nothing more. She has looks, wealth, privilege, and status; everything a young woman could hope for. That is, in retrospect, to what she really and truly w
Dianne
Can an emotionally neglected, self-centered little rich girl find happiness and purpose among a ragtag community of misfits who live “off the grid” of the “normal” world? Get ready for a unique trip into a world filled with humor, quirky characters, loyalty, trust, love and more secrets than you can divine in a crystal ball. Robin in the Hood by Diane J. Reed is another sparkly gem in the world of books that took me by surprise from page one!

Robin is the clichéd little rich girl, from her elite
Tina
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I really love this series! I have to say I read book 2,Stone of Theives first. Reading it out of order did not take anything from the story or my experience. I already adored the main characters Creek and Robin, but in this book I really got to look deeply into why these characters are the way they are and I fell more deeply for them. One of the reasons that I think author Diane J. Reed is so amazing is the way she makes her characters come to life, not leaving out their flaws or qualties that m ...more
Jamie
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun Young Adult Romance.. with mystery, suspense, and family loyalty

I'll start off my saying that I was given a copy of this book by Diane J. Reed for an honest review. I do enjoy YA books but this one had a younger feel to it than what I normally read. However, I was intrigued by the blurb showing teen bank robbers with some love and mystery thrown in..

This was a really fun book....Robin is a rich girl going to a private all girls school.. doesnt really want for anything.. Until one day her
Jennette Powell
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most delightfully quirky stories I've read in ages! Robin is a typical rich girl raised by absentee parents - or so she thinks - until her stepmom splits, and her dad has a stroke. Dad's broke and everyone's after him so what else to do but spirit him out of the hospital, steal a car, and rob a bank? Only Robin can't even do that right - when she demands money, the teller says she's the "person in need" she's been praying for, and hands Robin a basket full of cash!

It's there t
Jennifer Jimmerson
This book is so much fun. I do not know if I've ever had so much fun reading. The characters are unique and memorable. The story is well written and compelling. There is not a thing that I didn't enjoy. It's a fast-paced adventure that I didn't want to put down.
When the story begins, Robin is a spoiled brat who is lacking emotionally and morally. She has grown up in the most prestigious boarding school and taught the Geisha ways: don't show emotion, be strong, and most of all, manipulation.
When
Justine
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. Luckily I had come across a Facebook post by the lovely Diane J. Reed offering a print copy of her book Robin in the Hood in exchange for an honest review. I had previously heard about this novel and was excited to get this opportunity. I have been checking my mailbox diligently and yesterday was that special day that the book finally arrived. I devoured this book. It was cute, funny and I just wanted to giggle and h ...more
Jennie Marts
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Robin in the Hood is a heartwarming & magical romance that will stay with you long after the last page. At first the novel seems to be about a formerly rich teenage girl who needs help from a boy from the wrong side of the tracks in order to provide for her family that's experiencing hard times. Robin partners with the mysterious & dangerous Creek to do "bank jobs" after she & her father move into Creek's neighborhood, and it's during their daring heists that they truly get to know e ...more
Melanie Adkins
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Robin is from a very wealthy family and is attending a private school. One day her world falls apart and she has to adjust to a whole new way of living and doing things. Now she's the bread winner and the only person taking care of her dad. Being in control of their destiny isn't exactly all she thought it would be. Her father is still the quiet man he's always been even though she needs him to open up. Robin then meets Creek and nothing will ever be the same again.

First let me say this book
Monica Reents
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Robin in the Hood is a strong five star book! Diane Reed has crafted an unforgettable tale of youth, strength, love, forgiveness, dreams, and family. I was immediately drawn into the story and page after page, it holds onto you with an unfaltering story line and characters
that are likable, lovable, witty, strong, and brave. Their story will warm your heart.

Robin McArthur comes to know that life is more than money and privilege. She learns where she came from and how important it is to have fam
Lori
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Robin in the Hood by Diane J. Reed is a heartwarming novel with fairy tale themes of metamorphosis, true love, and fighting for what you believe in. It is a thoroughly enjoyable story appropriate for young adults and the young at heart. A modern mix of a Robin Hood setting and a Cinderella-twist motif, the writing is pure delight filled with romance, a father-daughter relationship, a tough girl learning to find the true depth of meaning in life, and gypsy magic. I read this book so quickly becau ...more
Leonie Zeller
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
it was a fun read, a 4.5 star book -> because the relationship happens far to fast.. like yeah of course is he your real love, but how long do you know each other yet..? 1 Day? :'D
but besides that really great and fast with a lot of action ;)
Sharon
Aug 28, 2016 added it
Shelves: favorites, fiction
One of my new favorites.
Louisa
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this was so hilaious! And odd, and yeah, I really enjoyed it! Now to read book 2!
AlineReads
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Isabel (Sab The Book Eater)
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review and more at Sab The Book Eater

Right from the first 4 pages of the book, I was seriously hooked! Robin is simply one of the wittiest and funniest main characters ever. Robin 'says it like she sees it' as Diane would put it. And it's true! I was so tempted to highlight some of her lines but I didn't want to mark my book. My OCD would not be able to handle that! There are plenty more of witty/funny Robin lines but I didn't mark them. I guess I'd have to re-read the book again to find it
Shelby Young (The Haunted Rose)
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: robbin-hearts
Cover Thoughts-
It is a very enticing cover. I love how it includes a feather that Robin and Creek use for good luck or to reach out to her mom. Although, I thought the feather was white I still think the vibrant yellow makes the cover stand out. The girl looks beautiful and I can't believe she would fit in a trailer park full of crazy people.

First Thought-
I knew from the start that this series was gonna be very different from most young adult literature I usually read. It's something more origi
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• When Fully Fused (Schasm #3)
  • Sky Ghosts: Marco (Sky Ghosts, #1.5)
  • A Million Miles Away (Angel Interceptors #1)
  • Reawakening (The Passage of Hellsfire, Book 3)
  • The Turning Tides (Marina's Tales, #4)
  • Wildflower (Wildflower, #1)
  • Pirate Princess
  • Borrowed Heart (Evie Sanders, #1)
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
  • Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • A Darker Shade of Sorcery (The Realmers #1)
  • Through the Portal (Through the Portal #1)
  • Birthright (Descendant, #2)
  • Alora: The Wander-Jewel (Alora, #1)
  • The Vampire Underground (Grisly High #1)
  • The Search for Artemis (The Chronicles of Landon Wicker, #1)
  • Familiar
USA TODAY bestselling author Diane J. Reed writes happily ever afters with a touch of magic that make you believe in the power of love. Her stories feed the soul with outlaws, mavericks, and dreamers who have big hearts under big skies and dare to risk all for those they cherish. Because love is more than a feeling—it’s the magic that changes everything.

Robbin’ Hearts Series (4 books)
  • Stone of Thieves (Robbin' Hearts Series #2)
  • Sherwood's End  (Robbin' Hearts Series #3)
  • Secret Heart of Lacie Blade: A Novella in the Robbin' Hearts Series