Start by marking “Think and Grow Rich” as Want to Read:
Think and Grow Rich

Napoleon Hill

Think and Grow Rich

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  130,078 Ratings  ·  3,906 Reviews
"Anything your mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." That is what Napoleon Hill said. If you have not read this fantastic masterpiece then you are missing a chance of a lifetime to turn everything around in your favor. If you consistently apply the techniques described in this book, life will have no choice but to give you what you wish. The information contained ...more
ebook
Published August 31st 2005 by Anywidget (first published 1937)

To ask other readers questions about Think and Grow Rich, please sign up.
Nicki I order from Thriftbooks.com. Most of the books are priced around $3 or $4-- and you get free shipping on orders of $10 or more.
Teresa I like audio books; you can use Overdrive, which links with public libraries, to access e-books as well as audiobooks. All for FREE. when you go…moreI like audio books; you can use Overdrive, which links with public libraries, to access e-books as well as audiobooks. All for FREE. when you go through them as quickly as I do... it can be expensive. Some you'll want to have a hard copy of and Amazon Prime really can't be beat for selection and price.(less)

Gerrie Williams
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the greatest text books that I have ever read. This book has done so much for me, well I would be doing a great disservice trying to explain how great it is, purchase it and experience for yourself. I bought this book at special price from here:
Arminius
I was looking through some of the reviews and see that some people gave it five stars and some gave it only one. I think if the people who gave it one star would practice the principles given in this book they would quickly upgrade their rating.

This book was published in 1937, during the Great Depression, and if the people who suffered during that time had read this book their lives might have been better.

It is really about convincing yourself to become wealthy. It outlines the steps you need to
David Acevedo
Oct 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let's be honest to ourselves and face the truth: success in business depends on a complex equation with a lot of variants, such as 1) how well your business idea adapts to the powers of supply and demand, which govern (and oppress) contemporary society, 2) where you come from economically to begin with (I've seen aromatherapy businesses run by middle-class sons of bitches grow and be more "successful" than neighborhood food establishments run by poor honest people), 3) how much investing capital ...more
Jaidee
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those that want to be entertained only
Recommended to Jaidee by: discovered when I was six
3 "fascinating, ridiculous but well-meaning" stars

2016 MOST AVERAGE OF AVERAGE AWARD

Let me start with a childhood story:

As some of you know, I have an aunt that I love to bits. She has been my anchor in childhood chaos, my wise teacher, my introduction to literature and opera, my favorite playmate and a believer in "Jaidee" through all my trials, challenges and tribulations.

Anyways back to the story. I am about six and I am spending the day with her. We went to Woolworth's for grill cheese an
Daniel
Aug 17, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Want to get rich?

Don't waste your hard earned money on "Get Rich Quick" books.
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, unfinished
About his deaf son on page 37: "We would not permit him to learn sign language. We were determined that he should live a normal life and associate with normal children, and we stood by that decision, although it cost us many heated debates with school officials."

That stupid statement immediately made me dislike Napoleon Hill. As someone who is hard-of-hearing and can function well in "normal society", yet, knows sign language, I take offense to this. I take offense that he thinks knowing sign la
Candace
I expected a practical guide to managing personal finance, but got something a little kooky. On to the next one. :)
Hamster
When my dad introduced me to this book he made it sound like every second I wasn't reading it was wasted. I was skeptical. After all, the book was written in 1960, and I hadn't ever heard of it. But I gave it a try, just so my dad would drop it.
What I discovered is that rich people are rich because they're eccentric. Well, maybe not eccentric, but definitely obsessed with the idea of making money. I guess the one good thing this book did for me was help me realize what it would take for me to be
Otis Chandler
Jul 14, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Otis by: Gerald Chamales
This is the best self help book any entrepreneur could ever read. Perhaps the only one they need to. Truly transformative. I have it on audio too and listen to it at the gym often.

Napoleon Hill was tasked by Andrew Carnegie to write a book on what made a successful person succeed, and he spent 20 years researching and interviewing every great name of the day (Ford, Woolworth, Edison, etc), plus lots of people who failed (because you have to know what doesn't work too). This book is the result.

I
Mirek Kukla
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Overview: 60% brilliant, 30% obvious, 10% batshit crazy - and 100% worth reading

Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" is about more than getting rich: it's about getting what you want. And while his no-bullshit insights come with a liberal dose of craziness and – well – bullshit, his overarching philosophy is spot-on. Hill's recipe boils down to this: to get what you want you must 1) desire, 2) believe, 3) act, and 4) persist.

First, the battiness
Hill's advice is always useful, even if not always
Jeffrey
Jan 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeffrey by: Ted Maruishi
Ted, my old boss at KWE (Kintetsu World Express) first recommended this book to me and told me that it very much changed his way of thinking. He said it might do the same to my own thinking.

I was skeptical and after forgetting that age old phrase of "never judge a book by its cover" (and not reading it for two months even after I bought it...I bought it only to appease Ted because I knew he was going to ask me if I had bought it...which he did)I finally sat down to read it and couldn't put it d
Apokripos
Oct 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all people who wants to be inspired.
Recommended to Apokripos by: No one. It just flashed in my mind.
I bought this book just as the year 2008 is starting. What's odd about this is that I don't even have any inkling of what kind of a book this is when I bought it in downtown Recto (I eventually found that it belong to the self-help genre). The book's title, "Think and Grow Rich" by napoleon Hill just flashed in my mind and, finding no prospective book to read at that time, I plunged on. As of this writing, I had finished the second round of reading it with future plans of doing it the third, fou ...more
Chad Warner
In this oft-referenced self-help classic, Napoleon Hill promises to share the secret of the wealthiest people of his time (this book was published in 1937). At Andrew Carnegie's bidding, he spent 20 years interviewing and studying over 500 people, including Henry Ford, John Rockefeller, Thomas Edison, Marshall Field, Charles Schwab, and Alexander Graham Bell.

Did I discover the "secret" that will launch me to world-renowned success? Unfortunately, not that I'm aware. Do I have a better understand
Samia
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
فكر و ضاعف ثروتك .. لــنابليون هيل
كتاب تنمية ذانية من 250 صفحة..
من مجموعة أفضل الكتب في التنمية التي قرأتها إلى الآن .. هذا الكتاب أحسن مرجع لمن يبحث عن كيفية الحصول على المال و مضاعفة الثروة ..
الكتاب يحتوي على أفكار عملية و تطبيقية .. لتنمية وعيك المالي و اصلاح كل ما من شأنه أن يفسد عليك فرصة الحصول على المال و جمعه ..
وبحيث يحكي لنا الكاتب قصص ناجحين أمثال هنري فورد و أديسون و غيرهم .. و المنهج المتبع لديهم حتى أصبحوا من أغنى الأغنياء ..
يعني الكتاب باختصار حصيلة دراسات أعوام للأغنياء و منهج
Dannii Elle
I eat up self-improvement books on a pretty regular basis and age or popularity ordinarily does nothing to persuade my interest. Given the longevity of this one I, however, relented. This was a pretty quick read, gave clear suggestions to improve success, and was full of interesting and inspirational anecdotes.

As I continued to read through this book, I found it to become a little samey. Like many books of this type there are only a few core elements that the book is structured around. The 'fill
Gabriela
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The mind cannot differentiate between truth and falsehood, we simply need to instruct or manipulate it toward a certain mode!

'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill, takes an in depth look at the power of the mind and personal belief and how these influence our success. Hill uses examples of past success such as Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and Thomas Edison to show how factors such as desire, the subconscious mind, faith and goals can interweave to create favorable condition for success.

The title
Shiri
A lot of people I know speak very highly of this book. I disagree. It was so terrible I couldn't stomach finishing it. This is the early predecessor to the contemporary fantasy called "The Secret" - just think hard enough about what you want and it will happen. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's bullshit. Regardless of what Napoleon Hill supposedly researched, desire alone is not a determinant of success.

Don't waste your time and energy on this book. Instead, go read "I Will Teach You To Be
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read hundreds of books over the past many years in my quest for success. "Think and Grow Rich" truly stands right near the top. It has made a positive impact on my life in many ways.

Frankly, as with many wonderful books, I have applied the principles in this book and have reaped incredible results.
R.K. Gold
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike Good to Great I don't necessarily see this book as a must-read for business. I thoroughly enjoyed it myself and found a lot of the advice useful for life and self-belief, but as far as a business bible I wouldn't swear on it. What I did find enjoyable was sdespite some of the outdated advice, most of the "self worth" and envisioning/thinking goals into existence are still relevant and while people may disagree with the actual effectiveness of them they do help bolster one's self esteem, w ...more
Latifah
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've ever read. It kept me thinking the whole time about the ideas that I've encountered in this book. It talks about the new philosophy of enlightenment with practical applications of it.
The book talks mainly about accumulating riches, but it could be replaced by any other gaol that one desires.
This book will probably affect your life greatly if you're not already familiar with the new age of enlightenment.
If I have to criticize it, it'll be about one thing only: that t
Jessi
Jun 27, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I originally read this book as part of a business mentorship program. I admit, I had some mental blockage when I started reading it, and only because I had personal fears and doubts about finances that I have since addressed by self-educating (see other recommended financial books on my list) and seeking assistance from qualified professionals with a good frame of reference for what I needed advice on (I love my financial advisor, Jason!). My picture of growing "rich" in the beginning was, like, ...more
Robin
Jan 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, finance
I’d wanted to read a classic self-help book, and several modern motivational speakers have credited Napoleon Hill. This book was written in the US in 1937, during recovery from the Great Depression. Hill asserts that the Great Depression was worsened by mass fear, and this concept seems just as valid in today’s economy. Much of what is offered in “The Secret,” including that now-trademarked name (a term that Hill coined but failed to copyright), is a direct rip-off from Hill.

Hill was challenged
Laurentiu Bancu
Apr 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
- DESIRE: THE STARTING POINT OF ALL ACHIEVEMENT
- nu te lasa descurajat de insuccese. Dimpotriva acestea trebuie sa te motiveze
- Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.
- To all these I wish to convey the thought that all achievement, no matter what may be its nature, or its purpose, must be
Steven Walle
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Napolian Hill, my favorite motivational and self help writer and speaker, studied for twenty years to put together this volume entitled "Think and Grow Rich."
This is a very practical manual wherein he explains a step by step process to attain riches, both of the finantial and spiritual natures.
I believe this is a must read for all especially for those who are entrapreneureal minded and not afraid to think for themselves.
Enjoy and Be Blessed.
Diamond
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Changed the way I saw the world. Continues to change the way I process the world.
Sandy K
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is very nice book for self reliance & interpretation, people always in depression by any small reason but they think can't overtake existing concern so you can try this book.. this book enable your self esteem power and recharge for further tasks.. nice book for improve positive thinking & wise goal setting..
Greg Powers
Oct 19, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Do I have to give this a star? This is a self help book that has some good ideas, most of which people already know they should be doing to be successful. He takes on such controversial issues as "never giving up," "planning ahead," and the ever progressive and edgy idea "talk with smart people to get good ideas." The only real problem with the book is he studied hundreds of successful people and that is his research. All of the people had their own individual ways of becoming successful, and ye ...more
Sohaib
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"God seems to throw Himself on the side of the man who knows exactly what he wants, if he is determined to get JUST THAT!"

It all starts in the FAITH Department!

Published in 1937, this book is the archetype of all contemporary self-improvement books. Here's why: it draws upon the principles of New Thought, its emphasis on positive thinking and the law of attraction. The basic premise is this: one's external concrete circumstances are nothing more than a reflection of one's inner world and dominat
mpsiple
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hill accidentally hits on a very biblical theme here - "you become like what you worship" - and then works off the assumption that everyone can and should become very rich.

At times, I was tracking with him, but he totally lost me with his chapters on "sex transmutation" (using sexual energy to make money) and the "invisible counselors" (using imaginary meetings with successful people, such as Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Edison, to gain insight into making money).

Somewhat surprisingly, the book act
Youness

• The Richest Man in Babylon
  • The Magic of Believing
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • See You at the Top
  • Rich Dad's Prophecy: Why the Biggest Stock Market Crash in History Is Still Coming...and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit from It!
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling
  • Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement
  • The New Psycho-Cybernetics: The Original Science of Self-Improvement and Success That Has Changed the Lives of 30 Million People
  • The Success System That Never Fails
  • How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling
  • The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life
  • The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • The Art of Exceptional Living
  • Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice
  • Focal Point: A Proven System to Simplify Your Life, Double Your Productivity, and Achieve All Your Goals
Napoleon Hill was an American author in the area of the new thought movement who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. He is widely considered to be one of the great writers on success. His most famous work, Think and Grow Rich (1937), is one of the best-selling books of all time (at the time of Hill's death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold 20 m ...more
More about Napoleon Hill

• Maude
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation
    $8.24 $1.99
  • The Pastor: A Memoir
  • Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health
    $14.95 $2.99
  • Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy's Finest Hour
  • Working with Emotional Intelligence
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis
    $13.99 $1.99
“The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.” 2270 likes
“You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.” 573 likes