Start by marking “Wise Acres: The Seventh Circle of Heck” as Want to Read:
Wise Acres: The Seventh Circle of Heck

Wise Acres: The Seventh Circle of Heck (The Nine Circles of Heck #7)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Welcome to Wise Acres, where the sassy kids go.

In the seventh installment of Heck, Dale E. Basye sends Milton and Marlo Fauster to Wise Acres, the circle reserved for kids who sass back. In Wise Acres, the cleverest, snarkiest, put-downiest kids debate and trade insults in Spite Club. But the new vice principal, Lewis Carroll, has some curious plans to raise the profile
Published December 24th 2013 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wise Acres, please sign up.

Heck Wherethebadkidsgo Hello! Ah, yes: the Sadia question. Well, in typical "Heck-like" fashion, I have some good news and some not-so good news and then some potential good…moreHello! Ah, yes: the Sadia question. Well, in typical "Heck-like" fashion, I have some good news and some not-so good news and then some potential good news meaning news that could either be good or bad, considering. Good news: I have written Sadia: The Eighth Circle of Heck and it is awesome. It is, by far, the darkest of the Heck books. Still funny, but definitely digs deeper on all fronts, and—at times—higher. The Not-So Good News: Random House has decided not to publishing the two remaining Circles of Heck books (Sadia and Dupli-City). Ever since the merger with Penguin, the publishers has been cutting corners and even though circles don't have corners, my Circles of Heck series was one of many to be abandoned. I am exploring self-publishing, but my greatest hope (the "some potential good news") is that MGM are developing a Heck movie and, if it goes into production, then I am confident that Random House would want to resume the series. Fingers, toes, hooves and barbed-tails crossed. (less)
Heck Wherethebadkidsgo Wow…good question! Usually the background is something from the plot, with Milton and Marlo looking terrified! I wouldn't want to spoil anything. I do…moreWow…good question! Usually the background is something from the plot, with Milton and Marlo looking terrified! I wouldn't want to spoil anything. I do think Sadia will be sort of an angry, bruise-like color or rusty brown, with Dupli-City either being gray or black with white. Usually I will provide an idea to my editor who passes it on to Bob Dob, who has done such an exceptional job with the covers! His characterizations are amazing!(less)

Cassie
Seventh book and still as amazing as when it started. The book is full of sassy humor and adventure like none other. Also, being a huge fan of Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland and having those connections just made the book that much better to me. There were many forms word play used through out the book and I found myself thinking back to Dr. Seuss because of it. I find myself thinking to bad he wasn't a character in the book. I give the book 5 stars and can't wait for the next one.
Amanda Steinhoff
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2013
My favorite book in the series so far. Basye does a wonderful job of continuing to keep the series fresh, while delivering the expected sharp humor and clever wordplay fans of the Heck books have come to love.
PWRL
Jul 03, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Bethany
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really great. The best in the series so far.
Darthvader15
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 7.7
This book was very close to 5 stars. But not quite. The wordplay in the book was a little bit too much, and it seems like the author invented a bunch of plot devices to finish the story. However, the characters are likable and well developed, and the situations that they face seem real enough. Although I'm not sure how you would die if you were already in Heck. All in all, this is one of the only 9-book or longer series that has kept my attention, and it deserves 4 stars.
Tanna Bowen
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mr. Basye certainly has his own way of alienating the reader up until pulling an amazing ending out of his butt at the last second. Mostly this is the laman in me talking, when I just want some fun instead of having to use my brain to follow the story. This series has some wit and ego to follow, so you have to be in the right mood for it.
Alyssa
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Still pretty funny.
Melissa
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoying this whole series. Looking forward to what's next.
Akeylah
Kamila Z
Sep 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • 暁のヨナ 18 [Akatsuki no Yona 18]
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 14 (Vampire Game, #14)
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 7 (Highschool of the Dead, #7)

The Nine Circles of Heck (7 books)
  • Heck: Where the Bad Kids Go
  • Rapacia: The Second Circle of Heck
  • Blimpo: The Third Circle of Heck
  • Fibble: The Fourth Circle of Heck
  • Snivel: The Fifth Circle of Heck
  • Precocia: The Sixth Circle of Heck

“Oftentimes, I feel that man invented language solely to satisfy his deep need to complain.” 5 likes