Start by marking “Malicious Masquerade” as Want to Read:
Malicious Masquerade

Malicious Masquerade

Chicago PI Carter Mays is thrust into a perilous masquerade when local rich girl Cindy Bedford hires him. Turns out her fiancé failed to show up on their wedding day, the same day millions of dollars are stolen from her father’s company. While Carter takes the case, Cindy’s father tries to find him his own way. With nasty secrets, hidden finances, and a trail of revenge, i ...more
Paperback, First, 356 pages
Published March 26th 2013 by Henery Press (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Malicious Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malicious Masquerade

Larissa Reinhart
Chicago private eye Carter Mays is hired by Cindy, a rich debutante, to find her missing fiance. At the same time, Cindy's father is also searching for the fiance who walked out on Cindy's wedding day. A twisting plot leads both men scrambling for alternate reasons to find the man who disappeared and seemingly stole millions from Cindy's father.

I enjoyed Carter's dry humor and chivalrous gallantry. The beginning of this book hooked me right away and I loved all the plot twists that made me const
Teresa Lavender
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Won this on Goodreads. Wonderful book. If you love a good suspense novel this is for you. Can't wait to read more from Alan Cupp!
Nadia
I enjoyed this book tremendously. Being fairly familiar with Henery Press, this was a refreshing change of pace compared to some of their other great reads.

After her fiancé pulls a no-show on their wedding day, Cindy Bedford hires a private detective to track him down. And what P.I. Carter Mays finds out is anything but expected.

I really enjoyed watching Cindy Bedford's struggle between what is morally right and family loyalty. Near the novel's end, Cindy discovers that her family isn't perfec
Jessica
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-review
Where is Tyler Moore? That’s the question Alan Cupp has us asking in Malicious Masquerade. When Jasper Bedford’s daughter, Cindy, is jilted at the altar, Jasper begins to wonder if something may have happened to Tyler. Jasper quickly assembles a search team and the results surprise him, yet yield little information as to Tyler’s whereabouts. Unbeknownst to Jasper, Cindy hires a private investigator to find Tyler because she believes something must have happened to him. Jasper tries to convince C ...more
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*Review copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review*

Malicious Masquerade by Alan Cupp is a very fast paced story of a life of crime hidden behind a mask of fame and fortune. There are many twists and turns that make the reader feel he is sliding down a slippery slope of pain and confusion. But amidst all the trauma, a love affair starts to bloom.

Cindy Bedford is the daughter of Jasper Bedford, a very rich entrepreneur in the world of construction. She has led a spoiled life and now
Paula  Phillips
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it
It's very rare that males tend to write humourous mystery novels , ones along the lines of Janet Evanovich and Lisa Lutz , but Alan Cupp has stepped up to the plate and delievered his new novel Malicious Masquerade.
Imagine waiting at the altar only to learn that the guy you were going to marry is not what he seems and that it looks like he has stolen over seven million dollars from your family , money that was hidden in secret accounts and if word ever got out , then Jasper Bedford would be done
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Yes that is what I think of this novel. Truth telling, I had purchased this book along with several others back in early 2013. Every time it came to the top of one of my TBR (to be read) piles, the cover just didn't appeal. Now due to illness and finances I am reading my TBR's. What came to the top? "Malicious Masquerade."

This book had so many twists and turns that I never saw what was coming next. The book begins with a simple plot. A wealthy girl is left stranded at the altar. She hi
Gigi
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't think of myself as someone who likes PI mysteries, but I really enjoyed this one! I think that's because of the humorous voice and the fact that it's a traditional mystery that keeps up the suspense without being too gritty. I did guess what was going on, but there were enough clever twists and turns to keep me reading and smiling.
Valerie
Non-stop adventure! Good, fun read, full of terrible villains and an admirable main character. We don’t learn much about the main character through the story, but I guess that happens in a plot-driven book. I prefer character-driven books so I missed getting to know what drives the main character.
Mary
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing plot overall with several twists. The last third was a little weak, but I'd try this author again.
Georgianna Simpson
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Malicious Masquerade by Alan Cupp
Review by Georgianna Simpson

If you love puzzles and deep plots, this should be a wonderful read for you!
It begins with a bride (Cindy Bedford) anxiously awaiting her groom to show up at the church. The mystery deepens when he does not show and the evening falls only to find that he has packed everything and has taken money from her father’s safe as well as from his accounts at his company (from illegal accounts she doesn’t know about).
Devastated and angry…still
Phyllis Freeman
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of all things Alan Cupp’s book is not, Malicious Masquerade is not predictable. Cupp twists and turns the story, causing us to wonder what will be uncovered next.

Private Investigator, Carter, reminds me of Italian singer, Dean Martin. Martin crooned love songs softly and you’d think he didn’t have to practice at all. Carter takes his work seriously, but he works hard to discover each piece of the mystery puzzle and fit it into place. One can tell the P.I.’s been at his profession a long time. I
Tamara
Cindy should be having the happiest day of her life- her wedding day. But her fiancee, Tyler, never shows up, and her dad, Jasper, suspects him stealing money from him and his business. Cindy thinks that someone has kidnapped him- so she hires a PI, Carter, to find him.

Both Jasper and Carter are searching for Tyler; both want to find out what happened to him; and one wants to make sure that Tyler pays for the sins he committed.

My Review:

Traveling With T

Diana Anderson
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery thriller. It's filled with twists and turns throughout the novel. The author is a very good storyteller and paints the scenes and characters well. Every chapter revealed some mystery but added even more, taking the reader on a road of twists and turns to an action packed ending. Malicious Masquerade is a dark, cozy, mystery thriller about power, greed, manipulation, revenge, and murder.
Norma Huss
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
This starts with a missing bridegroom and quickly turns into a jilted bride, angry father, and young detective with too many questions mystery. Again and again the plot veers as new revelations appear. All is not well in the household, and the daughter is the last to learn. The reader thinks she know where this is headed, but the plot continues to surprise. Very good read.
Erinne
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!! I've been enjoying the books from Henery Press lately so I thought I would give this one a go. It's a great mix of suspense, mystery and humour with a dash of romance. Can't recommend it highly enough and I look forward to more about P.I. Carter Mays.
Jean
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-series
This was a great book. I couldn't put it down! Hope there are lots more in this series.
Michelle's Book
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. This book cover is on my Pinterest board and my blog, Michelle Dragalin’s Journey.
Bev
Michelle
Jun 15, 2014
Natalie Mattila
Jun 13, 2013
Get Lost in a Story: Author Alan Cupp and Malicious Masquerade 2 2 Mar 26, 2013 07:45AM
  • The Ambitious Card (An Eli Marks Mystery, #1)
  • Still Life in Brunswick Stew (A Cherry Tucker Mystery Book 2)
  • Designed to Death (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery, #2)
  • Forgive & Forget (Love in the Fleet, #1)
  • Killer Image (Allison Campbell Mystery #1)
  • Buried Leads
  • Last Diner Standing (Rose Strickland Mystery, #2)
  • Other People's Baggage (Three Interconnected Mystery Novellas)
  • Double Whammy (Davis Way Crime Caper, #1)
  • Lowcountry Bombshell (A Liz Talbot Mystery, #2)
  • MacDeath (An Ivy Meadows Mystery, #1)
  • Artifact (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #1)
  • Finding Sky (Nicki Valentine Mystery, #1)
  • That Touch of Ink (Mad for Mod Mystery, #2)
  • Nun Too Soon (Giulia Driscoll #1)
Alan Cupp loves to create and entertain, whether it’s with a captivating mystery novel or a funny promotional video for his church, he’s always anticipating his next creative endeavor. In addition to writing fiction, Alan enjoys acting, music, travel, and playing sports. His life’s motto is, “It’s better to wear out than rust out.” Alan places a high value on time spent with his beautiful wife and ...more