Start by marking “Saga, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Saga, Vol. 2

Saga, Vol. 2

(Saga (Collected Editions) #2)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  86,449 ratings  ·  6,592 reviews
The smash-hit ongoing epic continues! Thanks to her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana, newborn baby Hazel has already survived lethal assassins, rampaging armies, and alien monstrosities, but in the cold vastness of outer space, the little girl encounters something truly frightening: her grandparents!
Paperback, Trade, 160 pages
Published July 2nd 2013 by Image Comics (first published June 19th 2013)

·  86,449 ratings  ·  6,592 reviews

Start your review of Saga, Vol. 2
Patrick
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Dear Mr. Vaughan,

I do not know what process you go though to produce comics like these. I do not know what dark alchemy you perform, what infernal pacts you have agreed to, what terrifying drugs you must imbibe. I have no idea what arcane rituals you must perform every day, what odd odd habits of diet and exorcize you must maintain to keep your mind limber and sparking, to write things like this.

I just wanted to say, whatever it is you're doing, please keep doing it.

Sincerely,

pat
Kat
Mar 23, 2020 added it
Shelves: comics
how the heck did y’all wait in between these things i could never
karen
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo IMG_4309_zpsdki7tc3d.jpg

review to come, but man, am i loving this series!

okay, time for a real review!

it's hard to know where to begin….

this series is all told from the POV of a girl, detailing the events and adventures of her baby-years and before, including the romantic forbidden love between her parents.

photo IMG_4311_zpslwiikxvh.jpg

it was not, however, love at first sight.

photo IMG_4316_zpsyi6dho3x.jpg

but it's not all lovey-dovey stuff, nor even lovey-punchy-with-a-rifle stuff. there's also … this

photo IMG_4323_zps1ckgxxlu.jpg

and how much do i love alana? not only for her dry wit

photo IMG_4308_zpsfoewdhgp.jpg

but
Zoë
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5
This volume found what I felt was missing in the first: backstory and a lot of heart.
We learned more about Marko's past and how he and Alana met. I love him. So much.
I also enjoyed getting to know the new characters, Marko's parents and Gwendolyn, as they helped flesh out the story and provided some of my favorite moments.
Fiona Staples' illustrations did not fail me. They were so vivid - sometimes to a gross degree when it came to certain creatures.
I'm getting more used to the style of thi
Federico DN
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: almost-fav, comics
Tender lovebirds, and not so tender bounty-hunters.

In this continuation of the series we backtrack to the early days when Alana, the soldier, and Marko, the prisoner, met, and how everything unfolded for them to be together. From an indifferent beating to a crazy incomprehensible love; while at the present time also fleeing Cleave from their many pursuers, and trying to find some place in the universe, any place at all, where their little baby daughter can be safe.

Excellent sequel to Saga. I enj
Cristina Monica
‘‘Never worry what other people think of you, because no one ever thinks of you.’’

Give me an S! Give me an A! Give me a G! How about another A?

… SAGA all the way. Oh man, I was never that into comics. Sure, there’s a couple I came to enjoy, such as Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Vol. 1, The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act… but I never felt so attached to that of a bundle of characters in a same series. I’m thinking, and thinking, and truth is that I love
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Really enjoying the creativity of this series...the characters...the story arc...the art...all of it.
Claudia Ramírez
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'm really enjoying this story <3. ...more
Bangadybangz
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series so far! It's bizarre as hell, but AMAZING! Reminds me a lot of the old Star Wars movies.
April (Aprilius Maximus)

Reread in September 2015
Third read in January 2018

I FORGOT HOW MUCH I FREAKING LOVE THESE
Sean Barrs
Saga is just superb. Aside from the cool characters, its general weirdness and unflinching nature, it also recognises the power of words:

description

And for me that’s rather important. This particular book has caused the entire situation, pushing the characters to sue for piece in a world driven by hatred and war. The book made them fall in love with each other, and give birth to a new future that they now must fight to protect: a baby born from a union between two races that have always hated each other:

Maureen
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The art is beautiful, the story is so complex and intriguing and I just love it a lot so far.
EVERYONE WAS RIGHT ABOUT THIS SERIES
Nat
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This comic book is an incredible adventure right from page 1.

description

I seriously could not put this story down. It made me laugh, smile, and even tear up at one point (Barr…).
I never knew what to expect from the incredible ensemble of characters and I think that made the plot that more epic.
The chemistry between all of the characters is phenomenal.
Izabel, Gwendolyn, and of course Alana are so damn badass.

And that ending was AMAZING.
Why have I waited so long to read this series?
On to the next volume!

Su
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I put in requests at the library for these books. Did I take the time to look at how many holds they have on them? Nope. So I've ended up with Volumes 2 and 3 first and weeks to go before I'll get Volume 1. I still read this..because I'm a rebel like that. Plus my library sends letters out on over due books that scare me.

This is a fun book. Told from the point of view of the young baby. It's well done and funny. Plus the art work is wonderful.

Plus you have this guy..You know I had to go the
Richard
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
The second book in this graphic novel series by Brian K.Vaughan (writer) and Fiona Staples (artist) is as good as the first ….…. maybe even better, as we continue to get to know the main characters.
It’s bursting with mad invention, wonderfully evocative artwork, a story that is developing nicely and an ever growing cast of very strange characters.
Marko and Alana, the star-crossed lovers (from both sides of a planetary conflict) and their child Hazel, continue their escape from a ragbag assortmen
Kemper
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, sci-fi, war, magic, saga, comics
A couple of star-crossed lovers from two different species on opposing sides of an interstellar war are on the run in a wooden rocket ship with their infant daughter and her ghost babysitter as they are pursued by the forces of both sides including a royal family member who is a robot with a television for a head as well as a bounty hunter who has an oversized cat who can tell when anyone is lying.

Geez, why can’t any comic book creators come up with something original?

Ah, but seriously…. This s
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
If possible, this was even more wickedly delightful than its predecessor.

• We're showered with some much-wanted backstory on my favourite duo:

description

• Get introduced to a new set of badass mofos:

description

• Feast our eyes upon more gloriously graphic art:

description

• And of course, get a glimpse of the most adorable little bean that is young Marko:

• Bonus content – Harambe makes an appearance (forgive me):

Andrea Ashwood
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books
Okaay...so this volume has been better than the first one.

I love the Lying Cat, such a cute-monstrous animal that I've begun to take affection for.❤

You need to read it, seriously...

Review coming soon...
Whitney Atkinson
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These are just genius. Funny, amazing and consistently interesting world, rad af characters. I wish I'd read this earlier today so that I had time to go grab the others from the library before it closed.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Actual rating: a low 3.5 stars.

Okay, so I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about this one as I was about volume 1 ← this might (or might not) be the understatement of the century.

Volume 1 left me feeling like this:

Yes, I am a cigarette smoking dude with a moustache and over-gelled hair in real life.

This volume? It left me feeling like this:

Yes, I am also a freaky-eyed sausage on paws in real life. I am so cool.

But I am not completely insane yet . I didn't give this book a 3.5-star rating just becau
David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party
Brian K Vaughan's epic Saga continues, as does the awesomeness from the first volume!

Lovers who each come from opposite sides of two warring worlds, Alana and Marko have become the symbol for a possible union between the planet Landfall and the moon of Wreath. However, since the governments of both Landfall and Wreath have no interest in making peace with each other, they have declared Alana & Marco to be a threat to their ways of life, and have each dispatched hunters to murder Alana & Marco be
Amanda
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kick-ass, blog, comics
In the first 6 issues of Saga (which comprised volume 1 of the trade edition), Brian K. Vaughan threw in enough weird ass shit to keep me in a delightfully perpetual state of "what the hell was that?" So much so that I worried the inventiveness might eventually wear thin, begin to feel as though it's trying too hard (as I sometimes feel with China Mieville's Dial H), or simply create such a labyrinthine mythology that it's just not worth trying to puzzle it all out. The second 6 issues have defi ...more
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

OMG! I loved this one even better than the first, although, there is one monster that will give nightmares for some time. You will see :-D

So Marko's parents get beamed on board and they are not happy to see that he married Alana who is supposed to be an enemy of their race.

And, when they get there, Marko's mom banishes our wonderful ghost friend Izabel. Soooooo.... Marko goes off through the portal to find her and his mom follows him. This leaves Alana, Mar
Melanie
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Vol. 1 ★★★★

I completely loved this. I was enthralled the whole time learning about Hazel and the events that lead up to her creation. This world is so creative and imaginative that I'm just blown away. This is one of the best graphic-novels out, and my words won't do justice as to why I would recommend this to every living soul.

The main theme in this book is the blind prejudice that all these souls have grown up believing in, because it has always been forced upon them. Everyone can take someth
Bradley
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Re-read after becoming a die-hard fan fo the series, 5/9/18:

I'm going nuts here. I feel so sorry for grandpa. I love Lying cat. I can't believe how good this The Will still looks! And all the introductions of characters who... *sob* *sniffle*... this is almost too much for me right now.

Original review:

Truly a quiet piece of genius, now that I've read this far. It's pacing is great and its characters are all fantastic. The deep subversion vibe of that romance novel has got the shivers running dow
Megan Johnson
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I'm gonna make this short since it's a volume 2 and you can check out most of my thoughts on my volume 1 review.

All in all, I thought this was a great second installment. It's still got the comedy gold, it's beautiful in a very real sort of way, and I tore through it really needing to know what happens next. It's left me impatient to get to volume 3, so I really can't complain.

If you enjoyed volume 1, this one isn't quite as great but still, you've gotta know what happens, right?

WEBSITE | TWI
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ by: Kat Stark

Edit 06/14 : Reread before Volume 3 (always fucking fantastic)

Mesdames et Messieurs, I'm pleased to announce that... this awesomeness of a book is my first 5-stars rating for a graphic novel! Prepare yourself for the love!

Remember how I was amazed by the storyline of the first Volume? Scratch that : this one is even better. That's simple, we never seem to be able to breathe the whole time and the alternative POV bring more tension to the story, until we just can't put it down. Moreover, Hazel
Sh3lly
I loved this one too! It continues the story of PFC Alana and the "terrorist" Markus, two people on the wrong sides of a war who dared to fall in love and have a baby.

We get a flash back of how baby Hazel was conceived:

We get to spend time with Markus' parents. They are really great.

And Izabel, the ghostly babysitter, is back.

The Will goes to a pleasure planet, and in a moment of altruism, insists on buying a child sex slave no matter the costs.

Prince Robot IV is back and has gone to Quietus to
Trish
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally, I had planned to read this second volume not before May (the end of May to be exact) but after reading volume one yesterday and having both here at home in paperback form ... I just couldn't resist.

This tells of Marko's parents being on the tree rocketship (have I mentioned I want one?) and how that affects everyone. They thought Marko had been kidnapped, then find out the truth ... and aren't happy. Especially not his mother.
Nevertheless, they come around (sort of, for now) and the
Steph Sinclair
This series just cracks me up!
YA Buddy Readers'...: Saga Vol 2 by Brian Vaughan, Starting Jan 9, 2020 6 9 Jan 14, 2020 05:33PM
Visual Novels Boo...: Saga 2 Discussion 2 8 Aug 31, 2017 05:01AM
Goodreads Librari...: Graphic Novel Series Numbering 3 24 Mar 21, 2017 10:32AM
Goodreads Choice ...: Saga, Vol. 2 - February 2016 28 27 Feb 15, 2016 12:50AM

• Saga Vol.3
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games
  • Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows
  • Monstress, Vol. 2: The Blood
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act (The Wicked + The Divine, #1)
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Locke & Key, Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 4: Keys to the Kingdom
  • Saga Vol.4
  • The Doll's House (The Sandman, #2)
  • Saga, Volume 7
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Saga (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1