Start by marking “The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles! (Charlie Bubbles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles! (Charlie Bubbles, #1)

The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles! (Charlie Bubbles, #1)

Charlie Bubbles is the story of a little boy named Charlie and his magical adventure when he discovers he can blow large bubbles! He learns the true meaning of friendship in this heart warming tale.
Published November 22nd 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles!

Start your review of The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles! (Charlie Bubbles, #1)
Grady
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
'That's what friends do.'

One of the more imaginative and visually stunning children's books to come out this year is THE ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE BUBBLES! as written by actor/director/writer Paul Carafotes and experienced graphic designer and illustrator Jeff Vernon. This sensitive and entertaining story is not only full of rich meaning for children to absorb in building solid personalities and philosophies but also is also a beautiful little fable about friendship.

Charlie is a little guy who happe
Mason
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THE ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE BUBBLES transports youngsters on a magical adventure and teaches about friendship along the way.

Charlie blows a large bubble that encircles him and the winds pushes him out the window thus beginning his fascinating adventure. When the bubble deposits Charlie back to the ground, he finds his is lost and begins searching for home.

Along the way he encounters Paulie Pumpkin, who is really a scared little squirrel hiding inside a pumpkin. The pair soon come upon Teddy Hiccup
Mark Jenest
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book for kids, and a fun book to read to your kids. It's unique, entertaining, and delivers a valuable message. Love the illustrations as well. I'd put this one in the 'can't miss' category. Your children will most likely agree with me.
Emi
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My 3 year old child that enjoys reading really loved the story and has requested it again and again. This is a charming story about Charlie who can blow bubbles with his mouth and he is so good at it that he blew a bubble that was large enough to carry him away on an adventure where he meets some bees, a squirrel, and a teddy bear. I believe that the tale is appealing to my daughter because it is a story that a child might tell. The story line is not completely logical but it contains many thing ...more
Christine
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles is a delightful, charming story about a boy named Charlie that can blow bubbles with his tongue. Charlie will experience many adventures with his bubble blowing. Along the way he will make many friends and also meet other who are not so friendly. The story is well written and the illustrations by Jeff Vernon were marvelous. The story is also a teaching story about friendships and other encounters in life. Charlie Bubbles is a story for "children " of all ages. L ...more
Eliza
Apr 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
The author of this book came to my school to answer questions about what it's like to write a book and all he did was promote his book by making us all sing "the charlie bubbles song" he then failed to answer any of our questions. He told us he would post the video on the charlie bubbles website and he should have all our faces censored because he did not have any of our parent's permission.
David
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My three boys, 9, 6 and 3 have asked for this book to be read to them on a weekly basis and can't wait for the next Adventure of Charlie Bubbles!!! Great read great fun and great message. Love it!!!
Christy
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't help seeing The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles as a sort of "Wizard of Oz for four year olds" story. Scared of an oncoming bee, baby Charlie blows a bubble and floats away in it. Lost in a strange location he befriends a cowardly squirrel and a useless old teddy bear. Through their adventures together the squirrel gains courage, the teddy bear a purpose and Charlie learns that the way home is easier than he thought.

My children asked me to read the story repeatedly, so it gets a good revi
Vera Godley
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a book written to a son by a father about the son. The story is about a little boy that can blow bubbles (we've all seen young babies bubble with their mouths). Considering the child is depicted in a crib and "bubble-blowing" children are usually young babies, the story seems written to and about one somewhat older but still in the preschool stage.

Little Charlie blows bubbles and is caught up in one so large it floats him away out the window of his room and onto an adventure. Along the w
Grady
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'That's what friends do.'

Charlie is a little guy who happe
Krista
Feb 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
I do not like giving low ratings for children's books but I got this copy for review and I am glad I didn't buy it myself. The basic story line is that Charlie the main character which is a baby blows bubbles, Yes spit bubbles, that was gross. Then one day gets carried away in a spit bubble and needs to get home along the way he has an adventure. An adventure that is a copy cat of Wizard of Oz just re-written. This book didn't fit my children I have 5 ages 10 all the way down to 3 and non of the ...more
Bonnie B.
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles has swept my family away on Charlie's magical journey. My children and I LOVE the lively colorful illustrations and the imaginative story told in this book. As a parent, I look for books that will help expand my children's imagination. I look for stories that invoke questions, wonder and surprise. This book does not disappoint. We are taken on a magical journey with Charlie and we too learn about caring, friendships and overcoming fear. Reading this book has bec ...more
Shannon McGee
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Baby Charlie has a knack for making friends and making bubbles. One day he get scared and makes a bubble big enough for him to travel out the window.

The story is cute. I believe the character is loosely based on the author’s son. The art is pretty good. I really don’t have anything negative to say.

I think the kids 5 and below will enjoy the Adventures of Charlie Bubbles. I hope to see more adventures!
M. Ann  Pritchard
What a great story! I really loved how Charlie learned that friends help each other out. I highly recommend The Adventures of Charlie Bubbles for all kids to read. But not only kids. I believe that everyone young and old can learn something from this cute story.
Marguerite Fair
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Bubbles is a fun and tender story. This book for children is a great way to teach children to develop their imaginations and value the importance of friendships. It was a delightful read!
Jesse Brown
Dec 31, 2014
Bobby Richardson
Dec 13, 2014
Paul Carafotes
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michelle Mechling
Jan 28, 2013
Polly Aitken
Feb 19, 2014
Frienship and overcoming fears 1 7 Jan 10, 2013 08:45PM
Paul Carafotes is an award winning, actor/writer/director for more than 30 years. He has appeared in many films and television productions. Including a series regular role as Harold Dyer on the very popular Nighttime soap, "Knots Landing" most most recently on the critically acclaimed television show "Damages".
He has starred alongside the likes of Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Brad Pitt, James Gandolfin

News & Interviews