Start by marking “How to Create and Use Rubrics for Formative Assessment and Grading” as Want to Read:
How to Create and Use Rubrics for Formative Assessment and Grading

How to Create and Use Rubrics for Formative Assessment and Grading

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Whether you're already familiar with rubrics or not, this book is a complete resource for writing rubrics that assist with learning as well as assess it. Plus, you'll learn how to wisely select from among the many rubrics available for classroom use.
Published January 11th 2013 by Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development

Be the first to ask a question about How to Create and Use Rubrics for Formative Assessment and Grading

Tracey
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book provided a lot of information about making rubrics/scoring guides. I learned that my scoring guides are less than satisfactory....good scoring guides do not have quantitative measures, lists of items that were to be included in a project... Effective scoring guides describe what quality work looks like, when a student demonstrates learning... I plan to use this book as a reference tool when I create my future scoring guides.
Chris Hays
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teaching
Hmm. If you are in the US with standardized everything, this would be a good read. There is a lot of questions providing thoughtful ideas, but the reading was less than satisfying for me.
Kirsten
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
I didn't get all that I wanted from this, but I do know more now than I did before. I need to pick a place for me to start and get comfortable with before trying too much.
Mills College Library
371.26 B8726 2013
Kim Bondy
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was a slow read for me. Much of it seemed very obvious. It could be a benefit to a teacher wanting to know how to use rubrics with writing.
Jessica
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: pedagogy
While a lot of the information was repetitive I did get some good ideas as far as student feedback goes.
Michael Street