Start by marking “Kanban for Skeptics” as Want to Read:
Kanban for Skeptics

Kanban for Skeptics

In my daily job as a change agent, I constantly need to reassure people that the path we follow is worthwhile traveling.
This need is often expressed in the form of critique and difficult questions. When I coach Agile teams, this is often the case.
The same thing happens when introducing Kanban.

However, I noticed that Kanban raises much harder questions on a management an
Published 2012 by Leanpub

Frederik Vannieuwenhuyse
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Kanban for skeptics” is a book describing the purpose of Kanban and withdrawing any arguments against or any misconceptions. In general, folks regularly have misunderstandings regarding concepts, frameworks, and methodologies… in that perspective I like the intention of the book.

Some might say the book is not a traditional explanation to a subject, which is the case – on the other hand that was not the intention of the book. If you’re new to Kanban, I do think you learn quite a lot by reading t
Nhân Vũ
For anyone who hesitate to try Kanban. This books describes in a simple way why Kanaban can work for you by providing practical insights and shared experiences. If you expect a book which explains Kanban in details, this one won't. So anyone who still struggles to apply Kanban this is a short and nice read.

Reading the book I see many relations to Scrum. Like the stand-up meetings, the review meetings and the continuous improvement element of Scrum. It would be nice to have a comparison of both p
Héctor Iván Patricio Moreno
Although this book does not give you an introduction to start applying Kanban right away, it gives you nice arguments to the most common questions about it. It's a good introduction also to the principles that will be guiding you and your team if you are trying to apply Kanban.
The principle that bears clear in my mind is that about improving efficiency end to end, to deliver a stream of valuable things to the user at a constant pace. Very recommended if you are new to agile as me.
Vladimir Tarasov
It's not the best choice, if you want to introduce Kanban to yourself. However, it's possible that my level of skepticism is too high. The book answers the questions stated in it, but in very general, academic style. Good and clear reading, but too general one. The book lacks the real-life examples much.
Vít Kotačka
You won't learn from this book what Kanban is and how to implement it. But you'll learn how to argument and how to explain that Kanban matter and that it works. Quite short reading.
Steven
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good intro to the use of Kanban in software development management and the arguments against it.
Roman Khlon
Sep 30, 2017
Egor Kachanov
May 20, 2017

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »