Start by marking “Identity: Youth and Crisis” as Want to Read:
Identity: Youth and Crisis

Identity: Youth and Crisis

Identity, Erikson writes, is an unfathomable as it is all-pervasive. It deals with a process that is located both in the core of the individual and in the core of the communal culture. As the culture changes, new kinds of identity questions arise—Erikson comments, for example, on issues of social protest and changing gender roles that were particular to the 1960s.

Represent
Published May 17th 1994 by W. W. Norton Company (first published 1968)

peiman-mir5 rezakhani
دوستانِ گرانقدر، همانطور که میدانید، مسئلهٔ "شخصیت" و "هویّت" یکی از مسائلِ مهم و اساسی در علم روانشناسی و روانکاوی میباشد که زنده یاد «اریک اریکسون» در این زمینه زحماتِ بسیار زیادی کشید که یادِ او همیشه گرامی باد
عزیزانم، «اریکسون» در این کتابِ ارزشمند، از بحران های شخصیتی سخن گفته است، امّا آنطور که باید و شاید همچون اندیشمندِ گرانقدر «فروید» به ریشه یابی بحران ها نپرداخته است... در جامعهٔ صنعتیِ امروزه، انسانها به نوعی به اشياء تبدیل شده اند.. حال این سؤال ایجاد میشود که اشياء شخصیت دارند و یا
Paul Johnston
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psycho-analysis
I really enjoyed this book. It was the first book by Erik Erikson that I have read and I was very impressed. It was written in the US in the sixties and since it engages with what was going on at the times (youth alienation, consumption capitalism, racial issues, etc), it can seem a little old fashioned. However, I think there is a lot of wisdom in this book. Erikson explores the many dimensions of the identity issue in a deep and fascinating way. It is far from being a standard piece of psychoa ...more
Melike Ilkay
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
a must read for psychology majors.
Bobbi
Jul 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book about the development of an identity. Erikson lays out the crux of his argument which would later develop how we think about identity in psychology. Amazing book.
Olivia Best
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Erikson, and his theories, continue to be ubiquitous in even the most disconnected schools of psychology (e.g. psychodynamic thought and social-cognitive work). This book, in particular, inspired my master’s thesis (to emphasize the impact on me as a reader) and delves into the rich and fascinating field of adolescence and how we develop during the transition to adulthood.
Itsuka
Jun 30, 2015 added it
Shelves: psychoanalysis
I should find the English translation to read at some point in my life. The Chinese one is horribly translated.
Doni
Mar 25, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, partly-read
Why haven't we progressed any further than this?
Lauren Lee
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love the concept of a defining crisis in each psychosocial stage. A great read.
Shoshin
Jun 26, 2013
Natalie
Apr 27, 2012
Leonie
rated it did not like it
May 03, 2012
Apr 27, 2010
Adnan Haidar
Jul 27, 2011
Jim Husen
Wow, a tour de force on issues of identity. An extremely rewarding but difficult read which I will want to read again at some point on account of how rich the book is in content.
Ellenbeth

• The Restoration of the Self
  • Loss: Sadness and Depression
  • Love, Guilt and Reparation: And Other Works 1921-1945
  • Escape From Childhood
  • Ego and the Mechanisms of Defense (The Writings of Anna Freud, Vol 2)
  • The Interpersonal World Of The Infant: A View from Psychoanalysis and Developmental Psychology
  • The Language and Thought of the Child
  • Freedom and Destiny
  • Character Analysis
  • Mind in Society: Development of Higher Psychological Processes
  • Centuries of Childhood: A Social History of Family Life
Erik Erikson was a German-born American developmental psychologist and psychoanalyst known for his theory on psychosocial development of human beings. He may be most famous for coining the phrase identity crisis. His son, Kai T. Erikson, is a noted American sociologist.

Although Erikson lacked even a bachelor's degree, he served as a professor at prominent institutions such as Harvard and Yale.
“Формирането на идентичността започва там, където свършва ползата от идентификацията.” 0 likes