Start by marking “The Sweetest Gift” as Want to Read:
The Sweetest Gift

The Sweetest Gift (The McKaslin Clan: Series 1 #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
When he'd first popped through the shrubbery, nurse Kirby McKaslin had found her new neighbor brazen and obnoxious. So she was more than surprised to find Sam Gardner volunteering to pilot an early-morning medical emergency flight...and fixing her fence, making her cocoa when she couldn't sleep, even cooking dinner.

But when Sam took Kirby's hand in his, she wasn't surprise
Published December 17th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published March 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Sweetest Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweetest Gift

Englishrose
This book seemed to focus a lot on thoughts and feelings....almost to its detriment. There was very little in the way of events. The majority of the book was Kirby going over and over and over why Sam was or was not Mr Right. And Sam going over and over why he didn't want to lead her on. There is a history of pain from their pasts, but it just seemed like it took so long to figure out what had happened to either of them that their actions were confusing until you finally got around to hearing th ...more
Amy
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Never really got into the plot of this book. Both main characters face very internal, very similar struggles. Basically the whole book goes like this:
Woman: I like/love this man and he fits my description of a perfect husband, but he will never love me.
Man: I like/ love this woman, but she would never love me and I don't believe in love anyway.
With the exception of aunt Ruth, all the supporting characters are so flat and contribute so little I couldn't even remember their names.
Back to historica
Carol Malone
I'm beginning to get a good feeling for the non-sex romance novels. They are cute especially this one. Kirby, the female heroine, uses lots of good interior monologue, thoughts, to tell the reader how she comes to feel about her hunky, dreamy good looking neighbor. I loved it.
Vlc
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart stirring

Gods mercy is all we need. If we let him he will heal us and lead us to loved ones in need. He will never give us more than we can handle
Desiree reilly
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well this book i got done in about 4 hr and it a great book the sitter s are still mourning
the older sister who was killed in accident and kirby who was in the plane could not do nothing about it
well kirby go to work at a clinic and become a nurse she is and wan her own place
she buys a house and the neighbor was such pest the owner kick the guy out and here come
a great looking guy. well kirby not married and she make a list what she see in a man
her sister tease here she in love with the guy ne
Brandy
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just LOVE Jillian Hart...She's done it again! This was such a (chocolaty) SWEET, heartwarming story. Perfect for a lazy day. Or a cold day, where you want to curl up on the couch, (or chair, with a cup of hot chocolate, tea, or cider. Your dog, in your lap. Just a sweet little book. And I've always LOVED Jillian's McKaslin family....LOVED Kirby's relationship with her sister's. Jessie & Leo (Kirby and Sam's dog's) were adorable.(LOVED the weekly board games.)....LOVED Kirby & Sam....Sa ...more
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Judy
Oct 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read.

And instead of going through all the books by the dates published as I was I am going to continue with reading about the McKaslin's and then read the other books.

I enjoy series where people you met in a previous book are in other books and where the town is the same and you get the picture in your mind.

My other favorites series so far are Janet Tronstad's Dry Creek Series and Debra Clopton's Mule Hollow series.

Now unto Heart and Soul and Almost Heaven.
Barbara
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful, heartwarming story. The main characters are well developed, and the addition of their relationships with their dogs was delightful. If you want lots of action and adventure in your reading, this book may not be your favorite, although there are a couple of surprising events. The beauty of this one is exploring the thoughts and emotions of the characters, and the wholesomeness of a close-knit family life.
Jan Mcleod
This is an enjoyable story about Kirby McKaslin, beautiful, fragile, dedicated to helping people, and her rough looking neighbor, Sam Gardner. Both of them are full of pain, hurt, guilt, and feel unworthy of love. Unintentionally they help each other overcome these feelings, and through an accident, Sam finds his heart and is able to feel again.
Story is a bit different, but worth the reading.
Gail
Originally published at THE SWEETEST GIFT, part of the McKaslin series. Oh boy, there's a list a mile long in this series and I enjoyed GIFTS FROM THE HEART so much I really want to read as many books in the series as I can. I'm not into Christian books as a rule but the sweetness of them can be a wonderful change of pace. I really liked GFTH a LOT - read it in one day.
Nellie
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, great characters, and nice love story. Very clean, and romantic. Kirby figures she'll never the one for her, but dreams just the same. When a helicopter pilot moves in next door, she can only hope, but he makes it clear he will never love again.
Olani Tobing
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If u believe there is your soulmate, it will showed up in the right time,the right place,right relate to u..I really mean it. God already have planned it to u. this book inspired me to love our boyfriend in the misterious way.
Blu
interseting
K
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't realize it was inspirational romance when I got it. Didn't care for the religious shit, but it was a sweet story, and I'll give 3 stars.
Crystal
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Find me a Sam!!
Nori
Jun 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading a lot of Christian fiction books lately, this one is contemporary, while usually I read more historical ones.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Harlequin Heartwarming
Veronica
I was very disappointed by this book. Within the last couple chapters it went from good to horribly unbelievable and sappy.
Linda
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Most of the book seemed like the same thing over and over again. I finally skipped to the last few chapters to wrap up the story and didn't feel like I missed anything.
Jodi
Aug 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite from the series
terrance
May 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
Good book, I loved the writing, I just wish not all her stories were the exact same ;) (aka same plot lines, same characteristics, same characters, etc etc)
Nancy
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book how ever I do wish the author had done more to make it more interesting. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Carol
Elaine Applebury
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Courage to Dream
  • Hero in Her Heart (The Flanagans, #1)
  • Butterfly Summer
  • The Cowboy's Bride
  • No Place Like Home (Mule Hollow, #3)
  • Loving Ways
  • Loving Constance (Sisters of the Heart Trilogy #3)
  • Heaven Sent Husband
  • Treasure Creek Dad (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #2)
  • A Dropped Stitches Christmas (Sisterhood Series #2)
  • Rainbow's End
  • The Lawman's Christmas Wish (Alaskan Bride Rush, #6)
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

The McKaslin Clan: Series 1 (5 books)
  • His Hometown Girl (The McKaslin Clan, Series 1, #1)
  • Heart and Soul (The McKaslin Clan, Series 1, #3)
  • Almost Heaven (The McKaslin Clan: Series 1, #4)
  • Holiday Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 1, #5)
“You saw the star first," she whispered. "You make the wish."

"I wish for your wish. For whatever your heart desires.”
0 likes