Start by marking “El contrato (Casaderas, #1)” as Want to Read:
El contrato (Casaderas, #1)

El contrato (The Weekday Brides #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  18,325 Ratings  ·  1,298 Reviews
BLAKE HARRISON: Rico, noble, encantador... Y a punto de perder una inmensa fortuna si no encuentra esposa antes de dos días. Para solucionar su acuciante problema ha contratado los servicios de Sam Elliot, que no resultará ser el hombre de negocios que esperaba, sino una atractiva mujer, provocadora, atrevida y dueña de una voz digna de la más sensual de las operadoras de ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published January 7th 2013 by DeBolsillo (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about El contrato, please sign up.
Alexandra i recommend reading these books in order. i just finished all seven. some i enjoyed more than others (Fiance by Friday and Taken by Tuesday were my 2…morei recommend reading these books in order. i just finished all seven. some i enjoyed more than others (Fiance by Friday and Taken by Tuesday were my 2 favorites). the characters are all connected and if you start at the end, you may be able to enjoy the story on it's own, but won't really understand the relationships with these characters. these books were a page turner for me... not just romance, but mystery and adventure comes along.(less)

Candace
I picked up this book as a Kindle Unlimited selection with free Audible audio. Listening to this book immediately following 'Grayson's Vow', it was impossible not to compare the stories. Unfortunately, even though this was a pretty okay story, it couldn't compare. In truth, I probably should've held off on reading this one for a little while. Then, maybe I would have been able to enjoy this one without any lingering comparisons.

This story is in the marriage of convenience trope. Rich guy needs
Kristen
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Solid 4 Stars

What a delightful book! Wife by Wednesday had me captivated and entertained right from the start with its wonderfully developed and charming characters, tantalizing and playful prose, and sweet, feel good romance.

I couldn't seem to get enough of the hero and heroine throughout this book. The chemistry between Blake and Samantha (Sam) was fabulous and made for some awesome dialogue and love scenes. There was a genuine and amorous feel to the
Catherine
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
Well I wrote it, of course I'm going to give it 5 stars! LOL ~

I look forward to all of your thoughts/reviews.

Look for translations in Spanish, Portuguese and Thai.
Mysza
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Petty pleasant story about marriage of convenience that turns into a love match. Little drama, nice heroine and nice hero. Overall, easy, quick and enjoyable book if you like that kind of trope.
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This is not a clean read. Before buying it I skimmed over reviews but didn't find anything besides it being a "sweet" story. I guess I should be more careful about .99 books on Amazon, sweet to me means clean, but I guess it doesn't to others...

Besides the two descriptive love scenes, I was disappointed in the story. Both characters are shallow and lustful. Their relationship moved along too fast to be believable. I skimmed most of the book and thought the whole thing was silly. The overall plot
Susana
Back in the day when I used to devour Harlequin novels, the whole "marriage of convenience plot" was amongst my favourite to read about.
The thing is, those harlequin novels? Well they had more plot, and character development than this one!(Ah! Who'd have thought?)
And if they had some "ideas" that today would have sent me into a feminist rant, at least they had the excuse of having been written "back" in the eighties.
This one?
It was written in 2011 for crissakes!
So, let me see if I got this strai
Lisa Kay
[image error]

★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Tanya Eby does a nice job here, using her alto range sultriness to full advantage. Which is a good thing, as the heroine, Samantha Elliot, is known for her sexy vocals. I’ve heard Ms. Eby narrate before, and I liked her deep sexy voice for the heroine, especially when she purposefully lowers it a few octaves to push the buttons of the hero and dashing duke, Blake Harrison. While his voice wasn’t perfection - I didn’t like the intonation she
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

This was a great contemporary romance, and a very nice surprise, especially considering the cheap $0.99 cent Kindle price. It read like a really good Harlequin and should appeal to fans of modern royal heroes and “marriage of convenience for inheritance” plots. A solid 4 stars!
TJ
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blake Harrison is the modern day heir to a very old, titled English inheritance. An inheritance that his departed Father saw fit to rescind if Blake is not married by the age of 35. Sam (Samantha) Elliott is an all-American blue blood born with a silver spoon but down on her luck. Her one chance at making her high-end match-making business successful has finally arrived in the form of one very rich, very English power-player, Mr. Blake Harrison. What follows is an absolutely delightful yet surpr ...more
Juanita
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audios

First time read by the author, not bad I will continue with the series
Alba Turunen
En realidad 3'5 Estrellas. Es el primer libro que leo de ésta escritora, admito que si fuera por la portada, el título o incluso la sinopsis no lo habría leído. ¿Por qué lo he hecho? Porque lo encontré de oferta por 3€ y pensé que tampoco perdía demasiado, además de ser un libro cortito. Y la verdad, no me arrepiento de haber gastado esos 3€. Mis prejuicios contra el libro fueron que me pareció un libro más de entre toda la vorágine que prosiguió a la publicación de las odiosas 50 Sombras, uno m ...more
Gilgamesha
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A contemporary romance with all the components I love of historical romances: MoC, sexy duke/strong duchess, and a major but quickly resolved misunderstanding to introduce some angst into the novel. I really enjoyed this book. It was a simple and smooth read. There was a few minor inconsistencies in the information presented....but I could overlook it because I enjoyed Samantha and Blake's love story.

This is the- I am suffering from insomnia and want to read but nothing too serious or thought p
Viri
Relectura:

Una historia simple, sin pretensiones, que enamora y entretiene. Sin duda genial para pasar un gran rato.
Robin
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blake Harrison's father made an iron-clad will that says Blake must be married by age 36 or he will forfeit his inheritance. Since his attorney has not been able to break the will, Blake contacts Samantha Elliott of the Alliance Matchmaking Company in order to find a wife. When Blake proposes a one-year marriage plus ten million dollars to the woman he picks, Sam tells him that she will have some candidates for him to meet by the end of the day. Blake looks over the pictures she sent to him, but ...more
A_Ryan
2.5 "It started as a Sham" Stars

"An agreement was exactly what he needed. A contract. A business deal that would benefit both parties for the course of one year. Then they could go their separate ways and never lay eyes on each other again."

I haven't read a married for convenience love story for a while, and I must admit the first 33% of this book was so good that it left me wondering why I hadn't come across similar titles more often.

Catherine Bybee brilliantly set up the story. Everything
Gamze
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Novella yayınlarından çıkan Çarşambaya Kadar Eşim Ol yazarın ülkemizde çıkan ilk kitabı.

Kitapyurdunda dolanırken yayınlanacak kitaplarda rastladığım zaman konusu keyifli gelmişti, bende önce favorilerime ardından da sepetime atmıştım.

Ama sonradan okurken anladım ki.. Acele etmesem de olurmuş hani almak için :D

Konusu malumunuz klasik. Kitabı almadan önce itiraf etmeliyim ki goodreadse bakmadım. Yorumlara dikkat etmedim hiç. Şimdi baktığımdaysa neredeyse be
Jacob Proffitt
I'm something of a fan of the marriage of convenience turning into love so I took a chance on this inexpensive story. I don't exactly regret doing so, but the last quarter or so was painful enough to drop this a whole star rating.

Blake and Samantha are charming. Fun, even. I liked them as characters, even though the entire setup was laughable. You expect to buy the premise in a story like this one, however contrived, because how else do you get a marriage of convenience in a modern setting? So I
Wanderlust
I absolutely adored this authors other series (Not Quite) so when kindle unlimited suggest I look at this series I downloaded it straight away. I did enjoy this book, I didn't love it like I had with the books in the other series but that might be because this book was more relaxed. It's rare for me to read a romance with little to no drama but I enjoyed it regardless. I have downloaded the next book in the series and when I'm looking for a chilled out read I will read it.
Angigames
Adoro i romance leggeri che narrano la storia di matrimoni di convenienza che sfociano in legami unici!
Questo libro ha una trama prevedibile ma è riuscito a farmi staccare la spina completamente e a rilassarmi.
Lo stile dell’autrice è semplice ma mai forzato e molto romantico.
I protagonisti non hanno un grande background ma sono adattissimi per una storia del genere.
Questo libro è quel tipo di romance che ti fa venire voglia di andare a caccia di un principe!
Carino!
Cassie
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der Stimme von Uschi Hugo war es sehr angenehm zuzuhören. Besonders morgens oder abends im Zug gab es mir eine schöne Auszeit vom Alltag. Es war eine leichte, locker-flockig, romatische Geschichte. Eine Stelle war mir dann doch etwas zu kitschig und wenn ich es selbst gelesen hätte, hätte ich bestimmte Details augenrollend zur Kenntnis genommen, wohingegen ich beim Hörbuch einfach drüber "hinweghören" konnte. Doch insgesamt war nett, mal was anderes und es genau das, wonach mir gerade der Sinn s ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
4.5★s - If this just had a little more length I would for sure give it 5★'s, 4.5 is pretty damn close though. I think this book did everything right for the pretend marriage story line. Everything right. If you like this type of story, this one was done perfectly. From the initial meeting, to the proposition, to the marriage and on, this book did it just right. There was no frustrating inner dialogue, no running or any of the other nonsense that sometimes happens in “pretend” books. They each st ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
A little diversion... part of a stand alone series of novels. Taking from Historical Romance, the Character who must marry or lose the family estate, etc. Finds h who has financial stress of her own and story takes off. Brought to todays' news cycle and had an under current of the real issues people experience everyday; who do you trust? Are you will to reveal how you really feel for another person? can you just be real?

Wasn't a waste of my time and cleared my head space happily. If i am in the
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
I just hate giving books less than 3 stars.

Ok. This is the typical millionare looks for wife with no atachments for a year to get money. But this time the guy wants the suplier of wives. Redhead and sexy (including voice) who wouldn't want her? Any DUKE can get what he wants. So yadha yadha yadha. Paparazzi and so on. Kisses and sex. Crazy lover/stalker/bitch(view spoiler)
Tania Martins
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uma excelente leitura sem grandes pretensões mas que acaba por ser bastante gira!

Gostei do Blake e da Samantha e da forma meio estranha como eles entram no casamento de conveniência que se torna bastante real passado algum tempo apesar da previsibilidade da historia em si mesma, acaba por ser um amor fofo e com um desenlace perfeito, uma óptima leitura de férias e que lê num instante!
HÜLYA
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Çok sevimli bir hikaye idi bir çırpıda okudum.
eNovel Reviews
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blake Harrison is nearing his mid-thirties. He is handsome, successful and a Duke. He is presently bedding down with two women. Blake has a problem though, one he can't charm and connive his way through, his father's will. If he isn't married by the age of 35, which is rapidly approaching, he will lose a sizable inheritance. (Some spoilers if you continue reading...)

Blake seeks the aid of a man, Sam Elliot, who owns a matchmaking service. Except Sam is actually Samantha, a striking red head with
fleurette
Jul 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to fleurette by: ☘KathyD☘
As much as the marriage of convenience is one of my favourite tropes, I rarely like it in contemporary romances. In most of them the reason to get married is poor and unbelievable. So my expectations regarding Wife by Wednesday weren't big. I'm really glad I was wrong and I was positively surprised.

I liked the main characters. Samantha is a a strong heroine who knows what she wants. And I liked the softer spot in Blake which is not so usually in the books written during the last few years. I ha
Sheila Majczan
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading Single by Saturday and thoroughly enjoying it and then seeing this was available on kindle Unlimited I jumped right on it and read it in less than a day. It was a nice romance to escape into on a rainy day.

With so many other reviews posted I have no desire to go into details. But I was happy to be looking backwards in this series to learn just what the "Duke and Duchess" references were from that first book I read. Complications from both fathers make for a couple who are both leer
Hayden
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fairy tale! I mean, isn't this every girl's REAL dream? To tame the man who claims to be untameable? Isn't that the ultimate catch? While that's just about the exact opposite of what Sam Elliot was trying to do, it's still what she did.

Blake Harrison is a handsome bachelor who could have any girl he wants. But he doesn't really want any girl. He's yet to meet a woman that makes him want to settle down. Until he meets Sam Elliot. And she has that effect on him without even trying.

Sam got d
Elaine
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: catherine-bybee
I don't usually read short stories, but lately I have discovered that with a great writer even a short story can be good. I was in the middle of a series and I knew I couldn't get wrapped up in another long book so I decided to give this one a try.

It was an interesting concept and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Catherine is a great author and there were several laugh out loud moments!

Blake was a self made millionaire that needed a wife by Wednesday in order to meet the clause in his father's w
Mi opinión sobre el libro 1 9 Apr 04, 2014 10:23AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Early Valentine's Day Read 1 5 Feb 12, 2012 11:32AM
  • A Breach of Promise (The Rules of Engagement #1)
  • Far from Perfect (Perfect, Indiana, #1)
  • Newlyweds of Convenience
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Satisfaction #1)
  • Seven Exes Are Eight Too Many (Seven Exes, #1)
  • Kiss the Cook
  • The Tycoon's Trophy Wife (Wives Wanted! #2)
  • Taming Mad Max
  • The Castaway Bride
  • Meant to Be (Anchor Island, #1)
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2)
  • Kissing the Maid of Honor (Secret Wishes, #1)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • Kismet (Serendipity, #1.5)
  • An Unexpected Gentleman

Finalist RT Award in Contemporary Romance
Fiance by Friday

New York Times
More about Catherine Bybee

The Weekday Brides (7 books)
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides #2)
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
  • Single by Saturday (The Weekday Brides, #4)
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
  • Seduced by Sunday (The Weekday Brides, #6)
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“If you want an answer, you’ll have to risk the question.” 17 likes