Start by marking “Caribbean Cruising” as Want to Read:
Caribbean Cruising

Caribbean Cruising

The perfect summer story of a girl, several boys, and a cruise ship full of possibilities.

Lindsay has never been on a cruise, but she knows exactly what she wants to do now that she is: climb a waterfall, snorkel, meet lots of cute guys, and look for one perfect guy for a summer fling.

But her to-do list isn't going according to plan, especially when she discovers that it's
Published April 27th 2004 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Caribbean Cruising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caribbean Cruising

Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
Jun 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Let me start of by saying that this book is a secret little gem! I’d never heard of this author before and probably wouldn’t have picked it up even if I had because the cover looks a little young and cheesy but when I discovered this book on my Amazon recommendations and found out what it was about I thought I’d give it a try and I’m so glad I did. I read this in one sitting on a hot summer’s day when I fancied something light and summery to read and it sure hit the spot!

Eighteen year old Lindsa
Irina Villacis
Oct 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Reto cuatrimestre del 2017
10.- libro que tenga de portada un medio de transporte

en este caso es un crucero de lujo , que de hecho es lo que mas tiene protagonismo en todo el libro y el personaje que mejor me agrado. asi de raro es el libro para que me guste el crucerito...

antes de la lectura

Yo ya habia visto este libro desde hace un mes . empecé a recordar que los libros de esta autora me divertieron un montón cuando tenia 15 o 16 años asi que me dije esta trama y justo entra en la catégoria pa
Shannon
May 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
The first time I read this I was thirteen and it was the most awesome book of all time. Now reading this a second time, I can’t believe I ever thought it was that great. I have no problem with fluffy books, but this book had absolutely nothing going on. It was just a string of scenes involving random hot guys and drinking margaritas. Things got redundant and repetitive. Most of the time nothing important happened and things were glossed over with sentences like ‘we partied and danced all night a ...more
Janneth
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Ok i only liked this book because of the cruise and well i thought Ryan was really sweet and funny!

everything about the cruise was super... sounded like a lot of fun! all the stuff they got to do wow i just wish i got the chance to do that one day!!

unfortunately the only character i liked was Ryan...he was very mature for his age and was very sweet and caring

lindsay was just plain dumb...a fling...with someone youll never see again...seriously? come on we teenage girls have got to love ourselves
Kate McMurry
The heroine of this book, Lindsay, is 18 years old. Her mother is on a honeymoon cruise with her brand new husband, a very rich businessman, and Lindsay has been invited along. Her extremely generous stepfather has provided her with an unlimited open account onboard the cruise ship, with which to buy anything her heart desires, and her own highly expensive, fancy, private cabin in which to get up to any activity she chooses to engage in.

Having been a scholarly, introverted type who gets tongue
Nhu
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrow, romance, ebook
SO romantic, so cute. I starting reading this because I didn't have a book with me and this was the only book on my phone, but I don't regret picking up at all.
Mehsi
From a snowy, cold island with hot guys, to warm cruises and equally warm islands with even more hot boys. I don't mind this one bit. :D

4.5 stars.

At first I didn't particularly like the main character, she seemed vapid and acted like an idiot. I didn't really like her lists, and what she put on them. Losing your virginity? Just like that? On a cruise? With just someone? No, just no.
But, our main character grew and with each day she saw something new, she slowly got closer to love, and in the en
Elusive
Nov 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: review
It’s amazing how a story about being on a cruise ship and having adventures could turn out to be supremely boring and irritating. It revolves around Lindsay, a girl obsessed with losing her virginity to a stranger (preferably hot of course) while she’s on the cruise ship with her (conveniently disappearing) mum and stepfather Walter. Yeah, that’s it really.

She instantly meets Walter’s godson, Ryan who is of course good-looking and nice as well as seeming to be interested in her. However, she doe
Paula
Apr 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
To be honest, I didn't read the whole book. I read the beginning and the ending and that's about it.
From the start, I was irritated at how Lindsay wanted to lose her virginity so much. And for her to think that it would be just a 'fling' was so shallow of her that I didn't really mind not to read all of the book's contents.
I would've given lesser than a single star for this if were only legit in here. Boohoo.
Deborah
Nov 10, 2009 rated it did not like it
Total disappointment!!!! I just do not like books about how a girl wants to have a "fling" with some random guy on a cruise in order to lose her virginity!! REALLY...is that all we have now for good book writing??? The saddest part is I have LOVED every book I have read by this author. I really hope when I pick up another one its better than this.
Ankur
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
As I was about to go on a cruise, I sought out books that took place on cruise ships and this one was one that was recommended to me. So once on board the ship, I read it... and meh. This is a young adult book (I think), so it was a very quick read (started and finished it within the same day) but the plot was extremely predictable (guessed the ending from chapter 1) and the cruise-ship aspects weren't 100% accurate, which took me away from the story. But still, it was a fun, light-hearted, cute ...more
Natalie
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this book better than the other two by this author that I've read - Love on the Lifts and Island Girls (and Boys!). The main character seemed to mature as the story progressed, though she was certainly clueless at times.

I didn't care for her friend Brooke though. She was annoying and selfish. I liked Ryan a lot though - he was so sweet.

I enjoyed the setting of the cruise ship. Overall a pretty good story.
Kendall
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Caribbean Cruising is about 18 year old Linsday and her adventures on a cruise after her mom gets married. Determined to break out of her shell, she creates a list of things to do before her vacation ends. One of those things is to finally sleep with a guy. However, her new stepfather's godson is given the task to "watch over Lindsay." Totally hot and sweet Ryan makes Lindsay's heart pound, but she doesn't want to seriously get involved with anyone and is afraid Ryan will ruin her plans. While t ...more
Mack
May 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: summer-2013, 2013
Ugh. I did not expect this coming from the author of Love on the lits. It never really struck me (well not this hard anyway)how obnoxiously self-confident Hawthornes main characters really are. I mean they all think they can get any guy and they all are stand offish to the guy that we all know she'll end up with. Wich brings me to the male leads in the books... one word - ew. They just crawl after the girl even though clearly she isn't interested in the beginning. In this book it became extra gr ...more
Persian
Aug 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I just LOVED this book. I've never been on a Cruise before so this was just so exciting for me to read. I never thought going on a cruise could be this much fun.

I love how the author created Ryan's personality and how the relationship between Lindsay and him grew throughout the novel. Yeah, it's pretty predictable what the product/ending was going to be. But the ride/journey was so much fun to read !

I was actually hoping that there was going to be a sequel o this...I wanted to see how her step-
Penny Landon
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
To be honest, just by looking at the cover I could tell that this book would be a light read and I was right. The plotline is very predictable (you know exactly who she is going to end up with after the second chapter). The writing style was also very weak; the entire time I was reading I imagined that this book was penned by a lovesick 16 year old with a complete lack of vocabulary. The storyline was cheesy, but that is to be expected from a fluffy chick-lit paperback. As far as the entire book ...more
Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com
When I wasn't downright annoyed at this book, I was bored. I've been on cruises. MANY. There is SO much more to write about than this. I can list countless numbers of interesting cruise ship plots. This one just made me want to throw it overboard. Since I don't litter I didn't, plus I would have hated for a cute sea creature to suffer as a result of my frustration. I really can't say I'd recommend this to anyone.

(Read my full review on the blog.)
Kendall
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
For some reason I just hated the main character. I loved the idea of being on a cruise ship, but Lindsey was a mess. She had zero idea when a guy liked her which made her an idiot. she made lists and put losing her virginity on the list. and she let Brooke use her. Oh and falling in love in 10 days is the most ridiculous thing ever. It teaches girls that if they have sex they will instantly find happiness and love. Just a ridiculous book.
Geli
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, teen, own-it
I absoultely LOVED this book! Every moment was awesome. Reading this book I felt that I could really identify with Lindsay. That was why I really enjoyed it so much. Rachel Hawthrone really got into what most teens are concerned about. Once I started I couldn't put it down! I was surprised that I read it so quickly but it was well worth it. I recommend this to all teenage girls.
Eya
Feb 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
I read this one years ago and tried to read it again, you know, for the fun of it. But I couldn't. Lindsay is still annoying as all get out and I gave up a quarter of the way through. There is unlikeable, and then there is this - pointless.
Jessica ✿
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
the book was went by really fast. I've been on a cruise before and i thought i would feel like I was reliving the moment but no. i didn't enough to the book, it was predictable, didn't like the characters in the book, also the plot line was horrible.
Diana Marie
Jul 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written! It captured my attention and lead me on a beautiful journey of the caribbean and the sea! One of my favorite chick-lit books!
Ming Liu
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: preteen-teen
There are a few problematic things I didn’t notice when I was 14, but definitely do now. However, it’s still a great memory from my teen years.
Mer
Mar 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i have read it over and over i know it soo well now that if i read the first page or so i can tell u wat goes on in the whole chapter!!!!
Toyosi
Apr 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
I can't count the number of times I rolled my eyes while reading this. Took me weeks to get through it just because I would read a couple pages, then set it down and have no desire to continue reading. I forced myself to sit down and read the last half of the book in one sitting to get it over with. Thoughts:

Oh wow, it seems like none of the characters have any self-worth, which is sad. The main character is insipid, all the other characters are so 2-dimensional yet for some reason I'm supposed
Heather Atkinson
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teens and young adults
Caribbean Cruising by Rachael Hawthorne is a novel filled with summer fun, love and drama. Lindsay, a newly graduate, is on a cruise because her mom just got married to Walter, and he brought with him his god- son Ryan. Lindsay is trying to complete tasks on her list so she could always remember what happened for years to come. but she would later learn that she would remember the unplanned moments.
Rachael uses descriptive language to engage her readers, and to draw them into the story. For exa
Nikki Pennell
May 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Elizabeth Meadows
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: print-books-2017
I read this book because I used to work on a cruise ship and I thought it sounded like a fun book. I think it is probably a pretty accurate description of what going on a cruise would be like for passengers of this age group and also potential interactions with cruise staff members as described in the book. There are definitely quite a few staff working on board cruise ships who make a game of acting very similar to the character of Jake in the book.

What turned me off about the book was the basi
Zelle Sevilleno
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
(spoilers ahead)

It was a seemingly fun read but as the story progressed Lindsay keeps being obsessed at completing that one last item on her checklist. It was just kinda annoying how she says something playful but then continue to seek for something 'special'. Anyway, when she and Ryan hooked up towards the end, tho it was bound to happen, I just find it ajshgsgdkskaz how they were so affectionate and all 'couple-like' after all that reluctance by Lindsayyy. Maybe, I just don't take *c
Nataly
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
La perfecta historia de verano de una chica, varios chicos, y un viaje en crucero lleno de posibilidades.
Lindsay nunca ha estado en un crucero, pero sabe exactamente qué es lo quiere hacer ahora que está en uno: escalar una cascada, bucear, conocer a un montón de chicos guapos, y buscar a un chico perfecto para una aventura de verano.
Pero su lista de pendientes no va de acuerdo a su plan, especialmente cuando descubre que es imposible tener una aventura cuando en realidad te estás enamorando.

Rac
Bespoke Party Boat Hire Opportunities In Sydney 1 1 22 hours, 19 min ago
Panama Canal Cruises Now Departing Galveston Island Hotel Branch 1 1 Apr 21, 2017 05:16PM

• Icing on the Lake
  • Snow in Love
  • Killer Cruise
  • Lovestruck Summer
  • Sleepless
  • Mediterranean Holiday: Or, How I Moved to a Tiny Island and Found the Love of My Life
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Animal Attraction
  • Perfect Shot
  • In the Stars
  • Miss Match
  • 30 Guys in 30 Days
  • She's Got the Beat
aka Jade Parker and also writes with her son as J.A. London
(also writes romance under Lorraine Heath)

Rachel Hawthorne, who also writes as Lorraine Heath and Jade Parker, is the daughter of a British beauty (her mother won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® during which she received a kiss from Caesar Romero-who played the Joker on the old Batman TV series) and a Texan who w