Start by marking “The Antpod Faction” as Want to Read:
The Antpod Faction

The Antpod Faction

The Antpod Faction is a science-fiction adventure story centred on Mase, whose social differences and peculiarities resemble a form of high-functioning autism/asperger syndrome. The Antpod Faction is an allegory for the human condition, seen through the perspective of Mase, who is different and represents a force for change because of her unique blend of talents and weakne ...more
Published November 28th 2012 by Createspace (first published November 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Antpod Faction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Antpod Faction

Start your review of The Antpod Faction
G.J. Griffiths
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gjg, my-reviews
The Antpod Faction is a science fiction book with a slight, but nevertheless significant, difference. Alex James quite openly admits that he writes his novels inspired by asperger’s syndrome, a condition which affects the author. I take care here not to say a condition from which he “suffers” because Alex James seems to be insistent we view the syndrome as “a difference and not a disorder”. He states that his characters’ struggles through life are struggles that may well mirror his own. I read a ...more
H.J. Daly
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Mase is an antpod, a robot, leaving on the edges of society, unsure where her life is going and what it means. After witnessing a massacre in a local store, she goes into hiding, trying to put it behind her and move on with her life. Of course she can’t hide away forever and when she encounters an eccentric old antpod, Ethbert, her life becomes a mass of intrigue and death.

Unable to cope with the changing circumstances, she doesn’t know who to trust and when Trolik enters her life, she feels ev
J.P. Wilder
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Antpod Faction is a highly detailed spy thriller disguised as science fiction—or, if you prefer, a spy thriller set in a highly-detailed science fiction setting. Either way it had significant components of both spy thrillers and traditional science fiction. I am not usually a sci-fi reader, preferring usually to stick with fantasy, or contemporary thrillers. But, I had read this author before and enjoyed his work. So, I wanted to try another of his books. I am not disappointed that I did.

I f
James Jackson
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novel. The story caught my interest early on, and kept me intrigued enough to continue. Alex has created a great piece of fiction, one I am happy to recommend.
Delilah Bluette
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
An interesting read but...
This book was a little annoying to read. I can't tell if English is not the author's first language or if it was delivered written with the tone being simplistic because the Antpods are emotionally and intellectually simplistic even though they have access to advanced technology left to them from their initial creators who are disturbingly absent. I loved the premise. Over all The Antpod Faction is an intriguing look at the growing pains of a developing society.
Kayla West
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I absolutely loved the world that was created with this book. It definitely had a science fiction feel to it, maybe not the clean and streamlined science fiction that some write about, but the grungy, kind of back alley science fiction that I adore wholeheartedly. That kind of science fiction is just so much more interesting to me because there is so much more contrast. There is so much more of a chance for characters to grow.

With that said, while the beginning did its job and definitel
Melissa Winterman
May 10, 2013
Frithnanth
Nov 06, 2014
Chuck
rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2017
Rebecca
Jeff
Tamara Anderson
UK Amazon Kindle ...: Alex James 7 15 Jul 09, 2013 10:10PM
I’m a science fiction/fantasy writer who lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. I’m an avid reader, of indie and traditionally published books. Most of my inspiration comes from the neurological disorder/condition Asperger Syndrome, which I am diagnosed with, and characters I create also have traits of this condition. It’s inevitable, I suppose.

I’ve been writing since 2009/2010, when I wanted to explore