Start by marking “Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden, #1)” as Want to Read:
Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden, #1)

Otherwise Alone

(Evan Arden #1)

Lieutenant Evan Arden sits in a shack in the middle of nowhere, waiting for orders that will send him back home - if he ever gets them. Other than his loyal Great Pyrenees, there's no one around to break up the monotony. The tedium is excruciating, but it is suddenly interrupted when a young woman stumbles up his path.

He has two choices - pick her off from a distance with
Published December 15th 2012 by Shay Savage (first published December 5th 2012)

Start your review of Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden, #1)
Debra
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-hot-hot, male-pov

"She's opened the door, and it might as well be a pair of those gigantic wooden double-doors that grace the front of some huge Bavarian castle because I'm coming in."

Ever since reading Surviving Raine earlier this year, I've been a fan of Shay Savage's unique writing style. She's become one of my new favorite authors to watch out for; which is why I didn't hesitate to give this novella a try.

Otherwise Alone is an intriguing story told from Evan Arden's POV, a seemingly closer off "tough
Duchess Nicole
Well, I'm fairly certain that I have a new author to gush about. After reading Surviving Raine recently and sticking it directly onto my favorites shelf, I just wasn't sure what to expect from this short teaser short story/novella.

My synopsis:
Evan is a hit man in hiding. Stuck in a tiny shack in the Arizona desert, he's been living for three months with no modern conveniences that can't be run with a gas powered generator. It's hot, it'd dry, and Evan is ready to move along. Until he sees h
destini
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it

Otherwise Alone is one of the best short stories/novellas I've ever read.

Even Arden is wasting his life away in a tiny shack in the middle of nowhere. It's not by choice, though. That's what happens when you piss off the boss. And it was either a shack in the desert or six feet under the ground. Now, if his boss would only send word for him to come back...
But when a sexy, lost women stubbles upon his shack things don't seem so bad and it's been ages...
He just might have to kill her, though.

The
Shurrn
I'm hooked! This story did everything necessary to get me invested in the Evan Arden Trilogy!
At a mere 56 pages, this story may be small, but it hits hard.

(((As always, beware of my use of vulgar language in my reviews)))

I've already moved on to Otherwise Occupied
I'll keep this review short & sweet to match the subject matter:

Otherwise Alone is written entirely from the perspective of an ex-marine turned mob hit-man, who has been exiled to a shack in the middle of the Arizona desert. He's been a
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

The days are long and the nights are longer, until a young woman suddenly appears on my doorstep. I’m all for getting a little – it’s been ages – but she makes me long for more.

Can you get enough story in 56 pages to capture your interest and leave you begging for more? In the case of this book, abso-fucking-lutely. I was hooked line and sinker.

Evan is not a good guy. Currently in exile after a job gone bad, he's just waiting until his boss gives him the order to go home...if that
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Shay Savage, you've got yourself a fan.

When I read the arc of Surviving Raine a few months back, I knew I loved her writing. It's more than just a fluffy shallow love story....it's a movie in my head. I know it's corny, but that's how I look at it.

Even Arden is shacked up in a remote area in the Arizona desert. He's in exile for screwing up in his "job" as a Chicago mob sniper. He needs to be off the radar until he gets word he can return safely without further fear of retaliation. He's an ex
Mo
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it

Evan is living alone in the desert. He has been living there for over three months, not by choice, I might add. He has his trusty dog, Odin, for company. He is retired military and a hit man.

Lia arrives in the desert, he wonders will he shoot her or let her discover him. He does the latter, oh boy, he sure does.

He falls a little bit for her, I know they only spend one night together but, hey, this is fiction.

She has to leave, he asks her to return…. If I write any more the review will be longer
Jamie
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! LOVED IT!!

This was my second book by Shay.. the first one was Surviving Raine which turned out to be one of my all time favorites.. I can say with total honesty, that it was not a fluke.. Shay Savage can write her f'king ass off! She has a way with words that just sets you smack in the middle of everything....

The story starts out with Lieutenant Evan Arden sitting in his shack off a dirt road in the woods.. away from everyone. Isolated. Lonely. Just him and his dog Odin and his snipe
Pam
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars

HO.LEE.SHIT , this shortie packed a punch, told from his POV, his dirty mind kept us well entertained. After months of being stuck in this oven they call a shack, Arden knows his options are limited on how he can deal with unwanted guests. Lisa has no idea what she’s stumbled on when she jumped out of her Ex’s car, a rundown old shack with a sexy rugged man holding a gun. But alone in the middle of nowhere, with nothing else to entertain and distract themselves with besides each others
Lucia
May 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

After comitting some sort of faux pas while doing job for his mafia boss, Evan Arden is hiding for weeks in the middle of nowhere with a dog as his only companion. What happens when young lost woman accidentally arrives to his hiding place???

This story is extra short (only 4 chapters long). But it was extremely hot and attention-grabbing. Looking forward to sequel Otherwise Occupied!!!

MORE REVIEWS ON MY BLOG Reading Is My Breathing
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4 Stars!

This a perfect prelude to Otherwise Occupied! We meet Lieutenant Evan Arden who sits in a shack in the desert waiting for orders to come back to civilization. The only company he has is his Great Pyrenees named Odin.

Okay so I've no clue what Evan looks like but I definitely got a Taylor Kitsch with shorter hair vibe maybe a beard?. But this picture might change to suit a better description.

It's a normal day out in the desert, well as normal as it can be. It's hot as hell and Evan is sta
Kim Bailey

I'm finally getting to this series ... it's been on my list forever ... but to be honest, I'm not sure if this little teaser of an opening is enough to make me want more. It was kind of sexy and gave a little hint of who Evan Arden is, but it was't really enough to get me fully on board with him.
Since this book is really so short, I plan to read the next one before rendering my verdict.

~IreneOust~

Whoever said "size matters" clearly hadn't read this novella yet!

Three reasons why I LOVED this book:

3. I will read almost anything written from male POV.

2. Just when you thought nobody can top Sebastian Stark, comes Evan Arden.

1. Shay Savage is the author. Need I say more?

Solid 4 stars and a place on my "favorites" shelf!

Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Shay Savage Fans, Romance
4.5 HardCore, Sweltering, Anti Social, F'In Hot Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
There are many things I like...I can like Cheesy, tell me you love me stuff. I can like historicals with all the pomp and circumstance... with visions of beautiful gowns and pretty locales.

And there are times I like and need down and dirty... gritty... with men who don't give a shit for manners or what is expected...
men who if the situation presents itself... will assess, see if what they want is available and in agree
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
That was one crazy start to a series!

I just...

description

Oh wait, I'll tell you why...

description

"I'm going to tear your clothes off and fuck you so hard you won't walk right for a week."

Oh I'm so ready for you Evan Arden! Bring it!

image
StScho
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wait....

I'm just...

just...

I knew going into this story that it was going to be short. I wanted that. I wanted to read something short, hot, and had a decent story line to it. I wanted something to occupy me for just an hour. Yet, when the story ended...

I cannot CANNOT believe I got this invested in a character that is only four chapters long.

Evan Arden has been stuck in a shack in the middle of nowhere for 3 months without any human contact except for an aging dog and a sniper rifle. That'
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, short-story
Somebody please stop me!
I'm a masochist (and, not in a good way). I keep reading these short stories and novellas, even though I know they'll just leave me frustrated as hell. Damn!

Anyway, it's a nice, short story. It's kind of hot too. And it doesn't even have a HEA.

Photobucket

Gah!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Well.....I'm intrigued!

Great tease and intro into the series.

We meet Evan.....ex-Marine turned hit man for a Chicago mob boss. He's been in hiding, in the middle of nowhere, with his dog Odin for the last 3 months.

We meet Lia....a 20 something, college student perhaps, who was "dropped-off" in the middle of nowhere and finds herself on Evan's doorstep.

They spend a wicked HOT night together. He doesn't want her to leave.....but she can't stay right? She goes to visit her mom with orders to re
♥Rachel♥
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Buddy read with Bethany
I wanted to pick up another read by Shay Savage after reading and LOVING Surviving Raine, and I'm not disappointed.

This novella, really just a morsel, is only 56 pages but it's a brilliant set up for what promises to be an addictive series! And it was HOT, with a capital H!! Oh Ethan, I hope you're around if I get lost in the desert! He's dark, mysterious, dangerous, and I want more!

I'm left with lots of questions that make me want to pick up the next book Otherwise Occupied ASAP!
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
Odin ... you've got yourself a BIG fan ❤️ ...more
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book - Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden Trilogy #1)
Author - Shay Savage
Publication Date - December 15, 2012
Type - Part of Series
Genre - Romance, Erotica, Novella
Rating - 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Review
I first saw this series not too long ago on Goodreads when friends were reading the 3rd book so curiosity got the better of me and I JUST HAD to find out what all the hype was about.

I'm not disappointed....HELL NO! This book, even though it was short, took me on a fantastic journey through the mind of a hit
Kat
Woah! 0_o Whereas the M/M genre is acting all responsible these days with its condoms and STD testing, it once again seems that these concerns aren't shared to the same extent in M/F reads.

"I don't have any condoms and I'm fucking you bareback. I'll pull out if you want."
"I'm...I'm on the pill," she says, breathless.
"It's a good thing," I reply, and I shove into her.

Laughing my ass off. But only because I don't have a 14 year old daughter who has a habit of snitching my books.

Anyway, I don't re
Elaine
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an introduction to Evan Arden.
Evan is no ordinary guy.(view spoiler)
There he waits for instructions to return to work in the middle of nowhere in a run down hut,with just his dog as a companion.
Out of the blue a girl stumbles on his hideaway...
 photo 8a11fa143adcfabf3c68495c45e36890_zps7e4967c9.jpg
My thoughts
As short as this story is it good, very good. We don't get to find too much out about Evan just yet but it makes us want more..
Its al
☾ Dαɴιyα ☽
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

The first time I read Otherwise Alone was in January, and I only had this to say:

"I want to read more!

Evan Arden, tell me more."

description

Why I haven't read the sequels yet is a mystery to me, because Otherwise Alone was a great way to start a series that had everything to get me hooked. It had just enough information to make me want to learn more about Evan Arden. His line of work promised a lot of action in the continuation of the story, and the short time with the lost woman Lia did left me wondering
Michelle
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Screenshot_7

Otherwise Alone kicks off the Evan Arden Trilogy, a quick novella that is the prequel to the story, but should not be missed. Evan has spent months holed up in some shack in the middle of the Arizona desert waiting for a message that will allow him to return to Chicago.

“Maybe it isn’t exile.
Maybe it’s an execution.”

Off in the distance Evan spots something moving on the horizon but what he sees isn’t a threat sent to find him, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t dangerous.

Lia wasn’
★ Larissa ~ book crusher ~
4.5 stars!

I'm always delighted when I stumble across a novella that packs such a punch in so little space. Otherwise Alone took me by surprise, it started out a bit iffy but before long I was living and INHALING every word. And wow... did it singe my fingertips with its hotness.

... in my shorts.

Evan Arden is an ex-Marine sniper shooter turned hit man for a Chicago mob boss. We meet him in a shack in the woods, next to his precious dog Odin, where he patiently awaits orders to come back home aft
Simge
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I want to read Bastian's Storm (sequel to Surviving Raine) and Evan Arden is part of it, so I thought why not check out his story first, and get to know him a bit.
And this was good, regardless of it being a novella (which I usually try to avoid, but well). You got enough information about the characters, but also not TOO much, which keeps you diving right into the next book. And that's exactly where I'm off to now.
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
4 Hurry the Heck up with Book 2 stars from me!!

Short steamy hotter than hot read that sucks you in and leaves you craving more!! Definitely hanging out for book 2!!
Teresa
Wow! 4 1/2 Stars

I need to preface this by saying that I do not as a rule read novellas or short stories. I’ve said before that I don’t like them; there just isn’t enough time to get into the character development and for me to get hooked on the story. That said, I madly loved Shay Savage’s recent book Surviving Raine and wanted to check out her backlist. When I saw this was a short story, I wasn’t thrilled, but was happy to see that the next installment, Otherwise Occupied is coming out soon.

I r
~ Cariad ~
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "Well hello Lieutenant!" stars
description

Seriously, my first Shay Savage read and I don't think that she could have packed much more detail into this little one! Such a beautifully descriptive author - you could really feel the Arizona heat - I'm hooked!

I definitely need more Evan & Lia.
These two are beautiful together!

Loved Odin too!
dog

http://cariads-sizzling-pages.blogspo... - come visit me!

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

• The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1)
  • Last Hit (Hitman, #1)
  • The Alien's Touch (Warriors of Luxiria, #4)
  • Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness, #1)
  • Last Light
  • Vanquish (Deliver, #2)
  • Without Words
  • Beauty in Spring (Beauty, #1)
  • The Alien's Dream (Warriors of Luxiria, #5)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Madness of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar #3)
  • Marco's Redemption
  • Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • Pound of Flesh
  • A Wilderness of Glass (Wraith Kings)
  • The Alien's Obsession (Warriors of Luxiria, #6)
  • Riv's Sanctuary (Riv’s Sanctuary, #1)
  • Written on His Skin
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more

Evan Arden (8 books)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Uncockblockable (Evan Arden, #2.5)
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
  • Isolated (Evan Arden, #4)
  • Irrevocable (Evan Arden, #5)
  • Otherwise Complete (Evan Arden, #1-3)
  • Evan Arden: The Complete Boxed Set (Evan Arden, #1-5)