Start by marking “Blood Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Blood Betrayal

Blood Betrayal

(The Primigenio Tales #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  23 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Being the world's oldest vampire, Eamon Rutherford has enjoyed women throughout the ages as beautiful meals and one night stands. That is until Eamon decides to find a mate and settle down. His less-than-perfect choice is temperamental ballerina Lauryl Mellis. When Lauryl escapes from Eamon in London, Eamon discovers true commitment requires him to love another more than h ...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Charles River Press

To ask other readers questions about Blood Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Betrayal

really liked it 4.00  ·

Jessica McQuay
Where to start with Blood Betrayal!

Beightol's talent is beyond amazing and goes without saying. She's creative, inventive and witty. I loved that I found myself laughing throughout the story. The banter between characters felt easy, realistic and funny as hell.

From the very first pages of Blood Betrayal I wanted to be the object of Eamon's infatuation. That man...well, vampire...is simply delicious. He's sexy and handsome and the old world charm of the very, VERY old vampire was totally swoon w
Jody
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting and well-written vampire story, Blood Betrayal, is the perfect start to what promises to be a memorable series. With a mythos unique to its storyline and a setting sunny instead of darkly morose, this book sets itself apart from other vamps.

Eamon is the oldest vampire and has a lot of pressure from outside forces to keep the vampire world running smoothly. In many respects he's set in his ways, an old fashioned yet suave and sexy man who's tired of playing the field. He wants to sett
Carol Atta
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT.

Okay. Here we go! This turned out so far from what I expected in the beginning. I'm astounded by my lack of insight. The writing was superb, the characters could be annoying and lovable all at once, just like us real folks. This was far removed from the typical vampire tale in so many ways that I found it refreshing to say the least. The ballet theme was fantastic as well.

I did find the main heroine a bit bratty (bitchy), but who am I to talk. Her life had been turned upside down. The o
Bella
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-for-tour
So glad I got my hands on this one it was just that good. Alison did an amazing job sucking me and loving every second of tis one. I have also loved a great book about vampires and this is for sure an amazing read! I give it a 4.5 !!!

The Charectors were a little bit of a pain at some points but then again that’s always a good thing in a good book it makes you want more. I loved the setting of the book and how it flowed so nicely. I could not put it down!!

Eamon, the main vampire and the oldest wa
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Blood Betrayal is the first book in a new series by Alison Beightol. It's about a lonely man named Eamon, who is the world's oldest vampire. For hundreds of years, he has been alone and now has the urge to find a companion. He becomes obsessed with a ballerina named Lauryl, who wants nothing to do with him.

This book went in a direction I wasn't expecting. I won't say any more on that part because I don't want to ruin things for anyone. I was just surprised. For the first half of the book, I didn
Scott Baker
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who reads my vampire novels knows I'm not usually a fan of vampires who live within society, but in the case of BLOOD BETRAYAL I'll make an exception. Alison Beightol has done an excellent job in bringing the undead to life. She has created three dimensional vampires and. although you may not like all of the characters that, you can relate to them. My favorite character is Eamon, the oldest vampire in the world who wants nothing more than to find love. However, bad choices and his stature ...more
Lori
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie
4.5 stars.
Connie
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I got happy, sad, angry, annoyed, and laughed all the way through! Cant wait for the next book!!
Heather Faville
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As I mentioned in a comment when updating my progress on Goodreads, Blood Betrayal was not what I expected and that is a good thing. I went in expecting, not necessarily, a bad story, but a story that has essentially been told over and over again since the dawn of time. Yes, there were aspects that every vampire story tends to hold true to, that's pretty much a given, but Alison Beightol took those familiar elements and twisted them into something just a little different and it worked.

Blood Betr
Marsha
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Paranormal Romance Lovers
There is no doubt that Alison Beightol is a talented storyteller; but I am not sure that the story is for me. "Blood Betrayal" is a story that is checked full of despicable characters that quite frankly I don't always like.

Lauryl is a ballerina extraordinaire that is tempestuous, hot tempered, full of herself but also very talented. Unbeknownst to her she has been the obsession of one of the oldest and most powerful vampires in the world, Eamon. Eamon is use to getting his way even if he must us
Emma Moulton
I won this book through Goodreads Firstreads.

I'm not really a fan of vampire books and this book I'm afraid to say, I was not a fan of.
There was nothing wrong with the writing of the book, it was purely because it was a vampire book.
I was unable to finish the book and feel that I'm unable to give an honest review of the book so I will be lending it to a friend who is a fan of vampires and can give it an honest review.

I will include the review below as soon as I receive it from her.
Nicholas Jackson
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Posted January 30, 2013

Great Book, Great Read!

Great Book, Great Read! Wow, my first venture into the world of Vampires. I found the trip delightfully intriguing, wanting to know more, with each turn of the page. The storyline sinks it's fangs into you and never let's go. I now find myself Thirsting for the 2nd book of the series and have learned, Never ,Never get on the bad side of a Female Vampire or her Primigenio.
Lisa Avila
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Read my comments in the page for the second book "Blood Beginnings".
Sahara
rated it did not like it
Jan 28, 2013
Melissa Walker
Dec 22, 2012
Mary
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! A real breath of fresh air for a Vampire novel. I can't wait for the next one.
PALMIRA
Kelly
Maiza gillani
Sterling
Mar 06, 2013
  • I Kissed a Dog (Werewolves of the West, #1)
  • Unfaded
  • Roots (The Witchbound Series, #1)
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
  • The Taste of Magic (The Taste of Magic, #1)
  • The Mark of Saturn (Blood Luminary, #1)
  • Terra (Terrestrials, #1)
  • Towers (The World Between, #1)
  • Chaste
  • The Intruders
  • Born to Kill
  • Golden Dunes of Renhala (Renhala, #2)
  • The Purple Heart
  • Authentic: Developing the Disciplines of a Sincere Faith
  • Winner - Book One: The Awakening
  • Behold a Dark Mirror
  • An Unexpected Exile
  • The Green-Eyed Necklace: The Revolution of Xerta

The Primigenio Tales (2 books)
  • Blood Beginnings (The Primigenio Tales, #2)