Start by marking “Dream Eyes” as Want to Read:
Dream Eyes

Dream Eyes (Dark Legacy #2)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  4,633 Ratings  ·  373 Reviews
The death of her friend and mentor, Evelyn Ballinger, brings psychic counselor Gwen Frazier back to the small town of Wilby, Oregon, and brings back memories she would rather forget. Two years earlier, a killer stalked the members of one of Ballinger's research studies including Gwen. And though she survived while two others didn't, Gwen knows that Ballinger's death is rel ...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Putnam Adult

To ask other readers questions about Dream Eyes, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Suzanne Yes their a was clues earlier in the book that the grocery store man may be the baddie. When she told you that the grocer sold the witch's wind…moreYes their a was clues earlier in the book that the grocery store man may be the baddie. When she told you that the grocer sold the witch's wind chimes, and traveled to flea markets all over to sale them.Then later in the book the clerk said something that implied he may be the baddie. But I thought then she was just trying to throw you off the grocer. I was surprised she made both "baddie's"(less)

Seakat
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dream Eyes is the second book of the Dark Legacy trilogy, contemporary romances with paranormal aspects. The heroine, Gwen Frazier, is a dream counselor with psychic abilities. Gwen has returned to the strange small town where she briefly lived and is viewed with suspicion due to events from her past. Gwen quickly realizes that a serial killer who specialized in killing psychics seems to be back from the dead. As the one who foiled the serial killer in the first place, Gwen knows she is at risk. ...more
Lizzy
Dream Eyes, another paranormal suspense by Jayne Ann Krentz, is not one of her best stories, although still a fairly entertaining book. 2.5 stars.
Heather
I have to give this book a very low two stars. For some reason I felt unable to connect to any portion of this story; not the main plot, the over-arching plot, or any of the characters...(I take that back, Nick was vaguely interesting but was a minor character and I don't see him getting his own book.) Often what will save a series book on some level for me is that even if I don't connect to the main plot line I will at least be interested in the world it is set in and the series plot. Instead, ...more
Tamanda Elia
At three quarters through book, I can honestly say that it is a very logically sound book. Despite the paranormal subject, it appears very logical and well thought out. Also a little boring. I hate saying that about a book when all the elements are present, but I find my mind wandering.
I finished the book and found things didn't change all that much. I feel bad that it was boring and wonder if part of it was partly because I read it out of sequence, as it was part of a series, and it took away f
Jilly
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it

I am very torn on this book. It was back to form, in a way, for Ms. Krentz -- not the plodding, terribly written mess that the Ladies of Lantern Street has become. However, I was initially annoyed that this is starting to so clearly retread the Arcane themes -- "Founder's Formula" and all -- that I was annoyed by the awkwardness of it. It's slightly redeemed by confirming that this series exists in the same universe as the Arcane series, so she isn't setting up, effectively, a second Ar
Susan in Perthshire
Jessica
I've been a longtime reader of JAK's work and am both familiar and comfortable with her writing tendencies -- the "sleek" heroine, the hero in half-boots, the repeated descriptions of things being amber or gray, how she's so skilled at portraying dynamic characters who interact in (usually) delightful ways, how she's not so skilled at the mystery element (though saying that, I'm not a fan of the cozy mystery genre). In that sense, this book hits every note I expected. It doesn't really go beyond ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Jayne Ann Krentz' Dark Legacy series. Gwen Frazier comes to Wilby, Oregon to check on her mentor, Evelyn Ballinger, only to find her dead. She contacts Judson Coppersmith to help her investigate the death. She is sure it is connected to the deaths several years ago when a serial killer murdered 2 of her colleagues and then committed suicide. Judson is haunted by dreams that involved his last mission. As Gwen and Judson search for answers they also discover each other.

The story
Caitlin
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I normally have to suspend belief with Krentz's paranormal romances but typically her characters are entertaining enough that I don't notice too much. unfortunately with this one the murder mystery and characters were just too boring to make up for that. There was little spark between Judson and Gwen and the only exciting part came 20 pages from the end. I'd recommend reading some of her older stuff before this one, it juat barely held my attention long enough to finish it.
Keri
Sometimes having a formula isn't a good thing, felt like the names changes, but everything else was almost exactly the same. Time to write something different.
Kathy Altman
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why you should read it: Well, we are talking Jayne Ann Krentz here. Plus, RT Book Reviews selected Dream Eyes as a January 2013 Top Pick. Surprised? Me neither. (It's made the USA TODAY and New York Times best-seller lists, too!) So even though I know you're already sold on this book, let me tell you why it's going to be tough to knock this one off the very tippy-top of my favorites list.

For starters, Judson is downright delectable. He's a perceptive, daring, stubborn, take-charge kind of guy wi
Candace Salima
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jayne Ann Krentz Email
Recommended to Candace by: Jayne Ann Krentz Publicist
I have to admit up front that Jayne Ann Krentz is one of my favorite authors, of which there are only a few. She is a bestselling author who has written, and published 162 books, 50 of which have ended up on the New York Times Bestsellers List. Through the course of her career she's published under seven names, from serial romance to the romantic suspense of today, but now publishes only under Jayne Ann Krentz (modern fiction), Amanda Quick (historical novels), and Jayne Castle (futuristic novel ...more
Diane ~Firefly~
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Another great story from JAK. I really liked Gwen and Judson together and loved Gwen/Abby/Nick as a family unit of choice. There was a tie-in to Arcane at the end of the book. The bad guy was a bit more shrouded than usual (view spoiler), but good prevailed. I assume the next story will be about Judson's sister and since we haven't met her yet, looking forward to it.

Re-read and still love, but wondering where book 3 is?
Tinnean
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why did I really like this? There was a minimum of het sex, there was a gay character (and might one hope Ms. Krentz will give us his story, whether or not it's with Girard?), the female lead was a strong character, the male lead, while macho, wasn't a schmuck, and the reveal took me by surprise. I did not see that coming.
Diana
Jayne Ann Krentz is an author whom I absolutely love! All her books feature heroines who smart, independent, and fiercely unique. I may also be a little biased because Krentz was once a librarian; gotta support my library peeps you know! :) When I pick up one of her titles, I have no doubts that I will greatly enjoy it and will be crying for more when I am done. Dream Eyes was no different.

Dream Eyes picks up shortly where Copper Beach left off. Judson Coppersmith is recovering from a previous j
Sheila Melo
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Suspense Story Keeps This One Interesting

"You're a damn good liar," he said. He smiled. "I like that in a woman."

THE STORY: Judson Coppersmith is doing a favor for his brother by helping out Gwen Fraiser who has found a friend dead and needs help. Both Judson and Gwen have psychic talents and both are keeping secrets about them. When it appears that a killer has returned from the grave to kill again, Gwen wants to know who is continuing the killer's work. Someone appears to be using psychic
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Reading a Jayne Ann Krentz book is like coming home. Once you start reading you get into a comfortable and easy flow with the plot and characters. Mix in the perfect amounts of mystery, romance and paranormal, wellthe next thing you know you have completed another wonderful adventure and are impatiently waiting for the next book to come out.

Dream Eyes is about Gwen Frazier who returns to Wilby, OR to deal with the death of her friend and mentor. Two years ago Gwen was unfortunate to find two bo
Julia
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jayne Ann Krentz adds another book to her series "A Dark Legacy". With this book, the author is crossing over the line to a more science fiction plot as she does writing as Jayne Castle. At one point she almost lost me and I was ready to put the book down. So to summerize, this book is very heavy on the scifi/paranormal and short on plot. Perhaps Krentz should revisit this series or at the very least, rework it.
Psychic dream counselor, Gwen Frazier, stumbles upon the body of her mentor, Evelyn B
Mary
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read several JAK books over the years and have enjoyed them but I would not call myself an avid fan. Her latest book, Dream Eyes, is a fast-paced, fun, light read. It is one of the Dark Legacy novels but stands well alone.

Judson Coppersmith and Gwen Frazier both have paranormal talents. They have partnered to find out who killed Gwen's friend and mentor and to possibly prove the murder was by paranormal means. These two first met a month before and were definitely mutually attracted but
Donna
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this better than I did the first book in this series. Gwen and Judson were both great characters and the supernatural aspect was well done. I was really kept guessing until the end. Every time I had everything figured out, there was a new twist. I just loved that Fallon and the Arcane Society was finally brought into things. I would have liked Gwen and Judson's romance to have a little more spark, though!
Carol
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A excellent fast paced read. I really enjoyed the characters and Max. I am not sure how much sense the plot would make to a reader who hasn't been keeping up with the author's books about characters with paranormal abilities, but for those who have, an excellent addition.
Rexanna Ipock-Brown
Great book as usual. Ms. Krentz is like a romantic Stephen King. You may find you are a bit jumpy around wind chimes after reading this book. Still, there is a happy ending at least for the hero and heroine.
Lady Lioness
I miss the old Jayne Ann Krentz who gave us the Eclipse trilogy and Absolutely, Positively. All of these newer modern paranormals are starting to blend together. This particular title is rather similar to Falling Awake. Bah humbug.
Annika
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
No-nonsense heroine, broody I-am-a-strong-man-and-show-no-weakness hero. I think the best point of the book was that hero finally (with some help) copped on that letting heroine to help with his issues does not make him weak and actually lays solid foundation of trust for the relationship.
Story flows quickly, a lot happens, no major stalling points.
Oh, and there's serial killers. Several. You're welcome.
Kathy
Aurian Booklover
Gwen Frazier gets an urgent message from her friend dr. Evelyn Ballinger to come over, as she has found out something important. But Gwen is too late, when she arrives the next morning, Evelyn is death. There is no visible clue to how she died, but Gwen knows her friend has been murdered, by paranormal means. Just like the deaths that happened two years ago. Those still haunt her, even though the murderer is dead himself, she saw that happen when he jumped of the cliffs after trying to kill her. ...more
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Good read

I chose this book because it was Jayne Ann Krentz. I read whatever name she writes under. This one had hunky hero, smart, overly brave heroine, mystery, humor, and some hot sex. The ending is a surprise. Highly recommend.
Tabitha Chamberlain
this goes in and out of the Arcana series only it isn't as good or as strongly put together. the characters are traditional Krentz, with twisting plot line. yet there was something that wasn't quite there for me with this one.
Teresa Miller
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both books are great

I have read the first two books of the Dark legacy novels. The mysteries are well written and encouraged me to read on until the last word. Cannot wait for the third book!
charmaine White
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Jayne Ann Krentz delivers as always.Romance, mystery,suspense and thrills.This one just keeps on giving.Fast moving with plenty of action.Next book please.
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Dream Eyes (2013) Book 2 9 21 Feb 07, 2013 07:40AM
  • Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Ghost Hunters, #10)
  • The Mystery Woman (Ladies of Lantern Street, #2)
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...

Dark Legacy (2 books)
  • Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1)