Start by marking “Make Your Brain Work: How to Maximize Your Efficiency, Productivity and Effectiveness” as Want to Read:

3.36  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Using the latest insights from neuroscience about how our mind works and what really makes us tick, "Make Your Brain Work" explains how to be more effective in the workplace and to get maximum impact from minimum effort.
Author Amy Brann is an expert in brain science, and she has distilled its key findings into non-technical, practical guidance. She presents an entirely di
Published January 3rd 2013 by Kogan Page

To ask other readers questions about Make Your Brain Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Your Brain Work

Huda Yahya
May 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology

من الكتب التي لا أؤمن بجدواها والتي تحاول بشتى الطرق مساعدة القارئ حتى يساعد نفسه
والتي غالبا ما يتصفحها معظمنا ولا يعملون بحرف مما كتب بها

لم أستفد منه بحرف رغم كل هذا
...
Maria Graciela
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through each chapters you can understand all the parts of the brains and how the hormones interferes in our behavior and daily habits, special in the work place and very useful for daily life..
Ola
Dec 16, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well that was excruciatingly boring. This book took me literally forever to read. Unfortunately, basically everything you can find here is either common knowledge or some fun, semi-scientific facts you can find on the web. What also bugged me is that even though there's a list of books the author based her work on, there are no references for all the articles and experiments mentioned in the text, which makes you wonder whether or not all of this is just some trivia from the Internet (and we all ...more
Jenni
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Once you get past the poor grammar, typos, and out-dated illustrations, this book offers some good advice. It needs a proper summary chapter (or at least page) as it ends abruptly at the end of a chapter. The second half of it will only be relevant to you if you're a business owner or work in an office. However, it does show the links between biology and behaviour/emotion well and I learned a decent amount from it.
Cathy
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gives some really good insights into how other people function and the best approaches in interaction.
Rebekka Steg

Over the past couple of months I have been reading Make Your Brain Work: How to Maximize Your Efficiency, Productivity and Effectiveness by Amy Brann. Full disclosure: I received a free copy via the First Reads program on Goodreads however, all opinions are my own.

I really enjoyed it, but I also love learning about how our brain works and how we can use it to our full ability. The book is written in an easy-to-understand language, while still giving enough details and background information to s

GONZA
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book even if sometimes I thought it was not crystal clear, or better, it can be a little bit confusing if the reader is not so much "into the brain". Still what is the most important thing about this book is how the author explains the little changes that have to happen to make the big differences in our life.

Mi è piaciuto questo libro, anche se penso che per chi non è poi così "addentro al cervello" alcune informazioni possono risultare un po' confuse. Credo che comunque la cosa pi
Gwen
Dec 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If time management systems have never worked for you and you wonder why, this book is an approachable framework for what interferes with your attempts to be more productive.

If you read a lot of neuroscience, you won't find anything new in this book. It's a good place to start if you haven't.

Wilde Sky
This basic guide to making yourself more effective in the workplace was reasonable, but had a stodgy / academic writing style but without that much academic substance (in my opinion).
Haila M. Moajil
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
It is a massive book that is filled knowledge and information that can benefit each one of us in our daily lives. I highly recommend this book for everyone.
MiChAeLPaUl
Jun 24, 2014 marked it as fini
Shelves: e-books, non-fiction
The latest technologies help us better understand the brain and how we can benefit from this knowledge.
Susan
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This reads like a compilation of blog posts. There is nothing new here and nothing you can't find on the Internet.If you like to read self help books, this certainly won't hurt.
John
Aug 29, 2013
Maddie
Feb 07, 2013
Carolyn
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2014

$2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
    $9.99 $1.99
    $8.49 $2.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Queens Consort: England's Medieval Queens from Eleanor of Aquitaine to Elizabeth of York
    $9.99 $1.99