Start by marking “The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Mud-Slinging Moles” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Flying Beaver Brot...

Maxwell Eaton III

The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Mud-Slinging Moles (The Flying Beaver Brothers #3)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
The Flying Beaver Brothers are back! All is not well on Beaver Island. Ace and Bub have noticed a number of things (trees, houses, evil penguins) sinking into the ground. They soon discover that Captain Jo Jo and his scurvy crew of mud-making moles have hatched a nearsighted plot to steal dirt from Beaver Island to make their own island home even bigger!
Can Ace and Bub st
Unknown Binding
Published July 1st 2013 by Alfred A. Knopf

Be the first to ask a question about The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Mud-Slinging Moles

Reading is my Escape
Why is everything on our island sinking?
Must be the moles.

This is a cute story about two beaver brothers who try figure out why things on the island are sinking into the mud, and then trying to stop it. The illustrations are simple and use orange, gray and white colors. The characters are cute and in the end they learn that they need to work together to succeed.

Kids will enjoy this one.
Luella Lee
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brian was a hoot. "I found pants from my brain!" Classic
I think boys would especially love these stories. Can't wait to read the next one.
Michelle Moore
Eaton III, M. (2013) The flying beaver brothers and the mud-slinging moles. New York, NY. Random
House Children's Books.

Review:
I have to be honest and say that I did not like this book. I found it a bit confusing at times because not every box was explained. However, the title and jammed packed action would be very exciting for young reluctant readers. The beavers that are trying to save their village as well as the penguins were cute characters.

Instructional Support:
This could be used for maki
Holly Letson
These books are so cute. Children's graphic novels about Beaver Brothers that solve cutesy little problems in the forest.
Everything is sinking into the ground in puddles of mud, and the animals are getting annoyed. Enter the Beaver Brothers to find out why.
What they find is an elaborate operation by moles to steal all their dirt and replace it with mud. Both brothers come up with a plan to stop it, and one of them works out. It doesn't matter which one, as this ending reunites brothers in wo
Nicola Mansfield
This one is more like the first with a sugar rush of non-stop action and slapstick comedy. I'm not fond of the beaver brother themselves, but the penguins are still here, now in their own home as spoken of in the last volume. New characters introduced are the moles, of course, but also the marmot brothers who also live on the island so we may see them again. But no sight of the fish from the last volume though the volcano has now turned into a mountain. Lots of references to previous volumes suc ...more
Cemeread
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This title would be a good suggestion for reluctant readers. The flying beaver brothers seem to have environmental issues in both of the books I have read. They are explained in a simple way and the brothers always have a plan, even if it doesn't quite work out as expected. Plenty of kid appeal.

In this book moles are sucking the dirt out of the island (to add to their own island) and replacing it with mud causing many things to sink.
Samantha
Things are disappearing on Beaver Island, more like sinking to be exact. In this adventure the Flying Beaver Brothers uncover a plot to build up mole island by stealing dirt from Beaver Island and replacing it with mud. Though they have a little trouble working together, the brothers manage to save the day with a little mess and lots of humor.

Great series for fans of Babymouse, Squish, Lunch Lady, and Captain Underpants. Grades 3-5.
The Styling Librarian
The Flying Beaver Brothers Birds vs. Bunnies by Maxwell Eaton III and The Flying Beaver Brothers and The Mud-Slinging Moles by Maxwell Eaton III – I think these little beaver brothers, Ace and Bub, are quite the amusing ones- They have very distinct personalities and are some of my favorite characters who get into the oddest situations.
Mandy
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beaver brothers Ace and Bub both want to put a stop to the moles' plan of trading their island's sand for mud.

I got a few short chuckles out of this graphic novel. Although it lacked substance in plot, it is perfect for the intended audience. This series would be great to introduce to reluctant readers too!
Debra
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Flying Beaver Brothers' island is being hit by huge mud blobs and even the penguins don't know what is going on. When they can't work together, they each set out on their own to solve the problem and rescue the island. What is a Holey-Moley? Will they survive?
Polly
Oh no! Everything is sinking into the ground on the Beaver Brothers' island! Could it be that those moles on the big boat are doing something to the island? Find out in this not-quite-as-awesome as the first book, but still decent title in the Flying Beaver Brothers series!
Nurhayati Ramlan

3.5 Stars
Library
I enjoyed that this volume examined the brother's differences and how they work together but I just didn't find the mole plot engaging.
Max
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesom! *
\o/
Sophia W
My brother got a stack of these for his birthday one year, and I was curious, so I read them. They are cute books about the adventures of two beavers dedicated to saving the future of their island.
Angela D.
This book is written in comic book style. The reading would be very good for silent reading and I can see where it would appeal lot 2nd and 3rd grade.
Dolores
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bub and Ace have to defend their island again--this time from vision impaired land-grabbing moles and a brain dead marmot. Happens all the time! Soooo much kid appeal in this fun and frenetic series.
Haley Hoenke
reviewing for Booklist
Kaitlin Pelton
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-selection
The flying beaver Island was getting invaded by mud. Everyone could not work together to solve the problem so they had to do it independently.
Ashley
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy moly, guacamole, ridiculous hilarity.
Jo
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series.. So funny and random

Alexa
Mar 08, 2014
Polly
Jan 17, 2014
Rob Gorman
rated it did not like it
Sep 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)
  • Fangbone! Third-Grade Barbarian
  • Game On! (Squish, #5)
  • Chickenhare (Chickenhare, #1)
  • Starring Jules: As Herself (Starring Jules, #1)
  • Kit Feeny: On the Move
  • Time for Magic (WINX Club, Vol. 6)
  • Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 7
  • Blue Morning, Vol. 1
  • アイツの大本命 3 [Aitsu no Daihonmei 3]
  • Binky: License to Scratch
  • Benjamin Bear in Fuzzy Thinking: TOON Level 2
  • The Underground Abductor (An Abolitionist Tale about Harriet Tubman) (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, #5)
  • We Were There, Vol. 15
  • InuYasha: The Struggle Continues (InuYasha, #39)
  • Sticky Burr: Adventures in Burrwood Forest (Sticky Burr #1)

The Flying Beaver Brothers (6 books)
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan