Start by marking “The Hidden Deep (Threshold #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Deep (Threshold #2)

The Hidden Deep

(Threshold #2)

Homework, football, apple pies, and ... angels? Harvest time is in full swing when Prissie Pomeroy learns that something terrible happened in her family's orchard. With school back in session, Prissie's best friends are distant, while Ransom and his friends won't leave her alone. As Koji and Milo introduce Prissie to the angels of Jedrick's Flight, she's drawn increasingly ...more
Published April 23rd 2013 by Zonderkidz

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Deep

Start your review of The Hidden Deep (Threshold #2)
C.J. Milbrandt
Authorial reread. With voices. Because I can.
Soleil
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, owned
Continuing the story of Prissie Pomeroy and the angels around her, The Hidden Deep is the second book in the Threshold Series. Insecure in old friendships, Prissie leans on her new friendship with Koji and other new friends. Though when times get tough, will Prissie have the faith to stand through it?

...But everything is not as it seems, and evil is closer than anyone could imagine.

The Hidden Deep is a great continuation of the Threshold Series. I couldn't wait to start reading the second book
Ronia Larson
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: threshold-series
This book has just the right amount of thrill and adventure to get your heart beating a little faster than usual. I would recommend reading The Blue Door first, because that is the first one in the series and it makes it easier to understand this book.
Victoria Pior
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Levi so much
Rhonda
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

The Hidden Deep is book 2 in The Threshold series.

This is a series that leaves you wanting to read the next book now. Which was okay yesterday when I read The Blue Door because I could start the Hidden Deep. Now I want to read The First Snow and I don't know when it will come out.

I like the angels in the book. The different kind and different personalities. It would bring me smiles if I had a angel playing with my pony tale. Prissie is in a bad mood when she gets to hangout with the tiny
RJP
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Hidden Deep:
Koji wasn’t sure why it had happened, but Ephron, an angel taken by demons, had managed to find him in a dream, and make contact with him.

“Koji, I need you to tell me more about your dream.”
“He was somewhere close. Somewhere dark,” the boy replied.
This was nothing new, but his captain nodded encouragingly. “Go on.”
“He was hurt. Frightened.” Koji’s voice trembled. “And he said he would keep your trust no matter what else was taken.”

After a few days, Prissie goes with
Gayle Pace
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
REVIEW

THE HIDDEN DEEP is the second book of the four book Threshold Series. After reading THE BLUE DOOR I was ready to start THE HIDDEN DEEP right away. In this book there are new angels which the 13 year old heroine begins a new exciting journey. Prissy Pomeroy was introduced to the spiritual realm in THE BLUE DOOR. THE HIDDEN DEEP brings out the sinister side which she comes very close to. I just loved the angels. They each had their own personalities. Prissie knew Koji and Milo, both angels.
JeanBookNerd
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
The Hidden Deep is Christa Kinde’s second book for her thrilling supernatural series, Threshold. When Prissie discovered her gifted ability to see angels, her world was immediately turned upside-down. Now she’s formed friendships with angels and is getting more familiarized with a world she never thought she’d be a part of. Despite the warnings from the other angels, she is eager to help when one of them goes missing. She will find herself in the way of danger and steps right into enemy lines. ...more
Aelvana
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Prissie Pomeroy is still getting used to the fact that she knows several angels. But her life has been changing in other, not-so-welcome ways. Her best friend has found a new best friend, and that person hates Prissie. Ransom, the boy she can't stand, is also someone she increasingly can't avoid. Ephron, the missing angel, still hasn't been found. And the enemy is certainly up to SOMETHING . . .

Most of what I said about the first book is also true for this one. It's more of a quiet story of
Lisa
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Prissy lives in a large, multi-generational family. They have an orchard, and also run a bakery. They are strongly connected to their community, and her story communicates old-fashioned family values. Her story is told through many family activities like big dinner gatherings, singing and working together, as well as they way they embrace their neighbors and the community around them.

Prissy is trying to discover her own place as she is coming of age. What talents does she have? What can she
Sara I
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm happy that I gave this book a chance seeing to as how I didn't like the first one as much and thought it might be a little bit to young for me. Although the characters are younger I enjoyed this book a whole lot more. I'm not entirely sure why but I did. I think that the writing and plot was a lot better and even though I couldn't quite remember everything from the first book I remembered enough and quickly fell into what was going on. When I finished I didn't want it to be over, I can ...more
Lumin
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This second book in the Threshold series continues the story of 14-year-old Prissie Pomeroy, her family, her friends (angels and otherwise), and her enemies (demons and otherwise).

What has happened to the angel Ephron? Who is the attractive young man named Adin? And what is Prissie to do about the fact that her least-favourite classmate has become her father's assistant?

As with the other books in the series, 'The Hidden Deep' will be most thoroughly enjoyed by Christian tween- and teenaged
Elayna Glover
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Hidden Deep by Christa Kinde brings us back to Prissie Pomeroy's world. As a girl who can see angels, Prissie still struggles to reconcile her world with this knowledge. She at least has her angel friend posing as an exchange student, Koji, to rely on. Prissie goes through many of the same things that we do in our lives. Seeing these struggles from a heavenly perspective brings a refreshing new look at them. Christa kinde weaves so much detail into her stories that you will have to read it ...more
Bookworm23
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
im not goona lie but this book needs some improvement.like why prissie doesnt like ramsom. she only uses the word 'annoying'. but other than that i like this book. i look forward to getting the other books in this series(not much tho,btw)
Micailah
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Hidden Deep is the second book in a four book series. In this book we find that people (and places) are not always what they seem. Prissie learns many biblical lessons as she faces life's many problems. You'll fall in love with this book, and will not be able to put it down.
Megan Williamson
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What if that strange guy at school is really an angel? I loved discovering new angels and other important things along with Prissie. The lines between the spiritual and physical realms became even more blurred and it was a good thing.
Nanette
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
the Threshold series was not what I had expected when I picked up the Blue Door...but I am so glad that I did!
Awjtf
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just as good the 2nd time!
Connie Hendryx
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another good story!!
Nanette
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Book 2 with this "idyllic family" and their angels. Not much action but who doesn't like having angel buddies.
Megan Circo
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Christa Kinde Fan...: The Hidden Deep 6 3 May 05, 2016 12:09AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 23, 2015 12:34PM

• The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2)
  • The Orphan's Wish (Hagenheim, #8)
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • The Fairest Beauty (Hagenheim, #3)
  • The Golden Braid (Hagenheim, #6)
  • The Princess Spy (Hagenheim, #5)
  • The Captive Maiden (Hagenheim, #4)
  • The Silent Songbird (Hagenheim, #7)
  • The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1)
  • The Warrior Maiden (Hagenheim, #9)
  • Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
  • Hero Prince and the Odd One
  • The Whispering Mountain (The Wolves Chronicles, #0)
  • Vashti and the strange God
  • The Wounded Yankee: 1862 (The House of Winslow, #10)
  • Westmark (Westmark, #1)
  • Love Lives Here: Finding What You Need in a World Telling You What You Want
  • The Warrior's Path (The Sacketts, #3)

Threshold Series - complete in 4 volumes
Pomeroy Family Legacy Collection - ongoing
Forsaken Sons Trilogy - ongoing

Threshold (4 books)
  • The Blue Door (Threshold #1)
  • The Broken Window (Threshold #3)
  • The Garden Gate (Threshold #4)