Start by marking “Island of Fire (Unwanteds, #3)” as Want to Read:
Island of Fire  (Unwanteds, #3)

Island of Fire (Unwanteds #3)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  6,134 Ratings  ·  372 Reviews
The fate of Artimé is at stake - and an unlikely alliance could redeem it - in book three in the New York Times bestselling Unwanteds series.

The magical world of Artimé is gone. The Unwanteds have no food, no water, and no hope. And everyone is looking to Alex Stowe for answers. Overwhelmed and feeling totally helpless, Alex knows it's up to him to find a way to restore Ar
Published September 3rd 2013 by Aladdin

Andrew Marr
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed this series quite a lot. The twin boys who both have to cope with leadership roles are quite absorbing characters, especially Alex, the good twin. (Yes, the archetype of morally opposite identical twins [read mimetic rivalry--mirror images] is a major engine of the plot. Aaron might be more interesting in the future volumes as reality crashes in more and more in on his egoistic fantasies. The other enemies are bizarre & challenging, enough to make one wonder what horrible peop ...more
Carina Olsen
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Island of Fire is very much worth the wait. You have no idea how happy I was to be able to read it early via Edelweiss. But oh. The wait for book four will be torture. Truly. Because this ends in a big cliffhanger, to be honest. And it is kind of awful. But it also makes me so so excited for the fourth book :) This middle grade series is amazing. Really, truly amazing. I have loved all three books. And the covers. Aren't they just perfect?

I don't know how to write this five star review. Will try
Chris
Possible spoiler alert.

Wow! Again! When book 2 of the Unwanteds ended in a breathtakingly alarming manner, I eagerly awaited book 3. Now with the end of book 3, I start my wait anew.

Book 2 ended with Mr. Today dead, Artime in ruins and Lani and Samheed prisoner on Warbler Island. Alex Stowe, the newly minted head mage, was tasked with restoring Artime and saving his friends. With no magic at his disposal, it seemed all was lost.

Told with excitement and emotion, this third installment takes th
Travis
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
These books are so easy and fun to read. I am not going to write long reviews since I am on book 3 and I would highly spoil the previous two books. However I will say this it seems like the titles set up the next book in the series because the Island of Silence was mentioned only a little in book 2 and the Island of Fire was literally mentioned for about 20 pages. I could be wrong but that is what it seems like. All in all these books are very witty and fun. I feel like all the books and the ser ...more
Micah
Emily
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Island of Fire by Lisa McMann
****4****

In the third book of the Unwanteds series, Alex and friends mourn the loss of one of their own and have to figure out how to save two Unwanteds from the mysterious Island of Silence. Meanwhile, Aaron continues his quest to become High Priest and ruler of Quill.

The third book was fun and a bit dark. A lot of what happened in Quill I found boring as it is just a continuous cycle of Aaron trying to gain and maintain power, where as in Artime people are continuo
Karissa
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Unwanted series by McMann. McMann has said that she has seven books planned for this series. This was a decent book in the series, the beginning was a bit slow but it picked up pace in the second half of the story. I read this with my six year old and we both enjoyed it. The following contains spoilers from book 2, so just be aware of that before reading on.

This book picks up right where The Island of Silence leaves off. Alex and crew are struggling with Mr. Today’s
Kimberly
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The ending of book two was devastating with Mr. Today dead (sniff sniff), Artime in ruins, and Lani and Samheed being held prisoner on Warbler Island. The newly minted head mage, Alex Stowe, begins his new journey with restoring Artime and saving his friends. Finding the courage needed to begin again.

The third installment moves in a fast paced journey and and rescue mission between Artime and Warbler. Lani and Samheed feel they have been given up on and are to suffer to their new fate on Warble
Raven Lucero
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Middle grade fantasy and Harry Potter lovers
Recommended to Raven by: Noah A.
Shelves: brothers, fantasy, twins
Despite the fact that this came out ON MY BIRTHDAY several years ago, I still neglected to pick it up until now. Considering that there are to be seven books in the series, I'm almost glad that I did, since I will be able to read multiple additions to the series without my memories wasting away. Alas, I believe I jumped back on the train a little too quickly, for there are still more books to come. Still, I am honestly glad I did.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I find this serie
Shannon Irion
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Third book in a series. There is a chain of islands, of which the main one, Quill(evil land)/Artime(good land) is in the middle. Aaron is the bad guy, and his twin brother, Alex, is the good guy. Artime disappears, and Alex has to call it back. After a few days, he goes to rescue some of his friends who are slaves on a neighboring island called Warbler where almost all the people have orange eyes, thorn chokers, and can't speak.
I really liked this book because things were very exciting, what wit
Laurel
Jan 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
IS SOMETHING HAPPENING TO MY SIMBER?
DAMMIT I GOTTA READ THE SECOND ONE AND FAST.
C.R.
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
The way this story is playing out is almost exhausting. It's lost the Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Hunger Games vibe/spark.

Instead of the main character, Alex, trying to go through the whole series to resolve one goal/plot, each book has it's very own main plot to solve, and then near the end of the book, the plot for the next book is revealed.

If you've read Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, then I'm sure you'll understand what I mean when I say the plot gets repetitive.

I'm a
Hinkley D.
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book
McKenley F
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It very unpredictable. I would recommend this book for higher elementary and up. If you like the Harry Potter series you'll maybe like this series. This book contains a fight to rescue there friends from a different island but the ruler is angry thinking that they belonged to the island. What will the ruler do.
Catherine ~Whatever you are, be a good one~
Overview: This book is somewhat educational with great positive messages and role models; it has some violence and light romance.

Educational Value: Low. Problem solving strategies are shown and used against seemingly impossible odds.
Violence: Medium-high. A few kids are punched and kicked and trapped on an island; they endure an excruciating process that silences their voices and are temporarily blinded. People are enslaved and some are sent to the "Ancients Sector" where they are "put to
Jace Golka
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book Island of Fire, the second book in the Unwanteds series really allows you to understand the characters. And in the book, we really get a good look at Artime as a whole. All the stone creatures. Alex has to bring it back after where the island of silence left off with Mr. Today dead. All the people from Artime now stuck inside a small shack, with Alex trying to figure out a puzzle that Mr. Today left just in-case he ever died. With tension high, Alex and Sky must figure out how to get t ...more
Sahej Panag
Alex wants to get the mansion back. He wants his magical world back. He wants the people leaving to go to the Quill to come back. He wants to save his friends stranded on an island. He wants Mr.Today to come back. He wants so much more. But when Mr.Today was killed their whole magical world crumbled, and now its all up to Alex to get it back, and everybody looks up to him. So, Alex does his best, and when he finally accomplishes that impossible task he now has to save his friends from an island ...more
Hailey Herman
The Island of Fire is the third book in the Unwanted series. This book was really good. After Mr. Today dies everyone looks toward Alex for help. The entire mansion of disapears leaving himself and his friends left hugry and thirsty. To make things worse two of his friends were missing. I thought this book was one of the best of the books so far. I strongly suggest that everyone should read this series.
Melissa
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series. Lisa McMann really knows how to capture a reader and bring them into this dystopian yet magical world. My middle school students can't put the books down. I was waiting on pins and needles for this third book and read it in two evenings. The eloquent writing makes it impossible to put down. The cliffhanger at the end has left me anticipating book four and almost wishing McMann wasn't such a good writer--who wants to have to wait for more???
Erin Pauley
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Continued well from the second book but I wasn't aware there would be a fourth book and now I am feeling disappointed that I have to wait for it! Alex has become a great leader and finally Aaron is getting a taste of what he deserves which is GREAT! Loved Islands of Fire but now I just have to wait for Islands of Legend, UGH.
Kyle Miller
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book number 3 is a awesome book. Its got a lot of action and it describes it so good i feel like im there. one of the main characters dies and throws you off a little and makes you wonder what will happen next. So if you like a book full of action and enactment this for you.
Brittany
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really like the plot for this series. I love the Alex and Aaron scenes and wish there were more. The story moved along very quickly (or maybe I just read really fast). I also wish the author had put a "previously-in-the-Unwanteds" in, but it was still really good. Finally, where's the next one?
Julianna
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Absolutely breathtaking and unbelievable! It was just so good and so shocking, it was almost impossible to put this book down! The book ended in such a cliffhanger and I can not wait to read the 4th book now!
Cammie  The Book Freak
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
I love this series!!!!
carolina ☾
This woman can't keep finishing books like this!
Jana Collins
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay
The girl who cried wolf
I am absolutely infatuated with these series. This one ended in a total cliff hanger, so I am extremely eager to read the next book.
Grace Ba.
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, I really love the details in every page.
Kaleo GH
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the third book in the series The Unwanteds. It starts in the ruins of what was once the world of Artimé, where the people are now suffering. When their leader, Mr. Today, was killed at the end of the previous book, all of his magic that created the land of Artimé died with him. There is very little food or water and things are getting desperate. Two Artiméans are held captive in Quill while two more are prisoners on Warbler, another island. Mr. Today left Alex Stowe in charge and gave h ...more
Megan
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Unwanteds: Island of Fire by Lisa McMann was a great book, but was not one of the best in the series, I'd say. In this book, Mr. Today is gone, and so is Artime. Alex has to find out how to put it all back, along with saving his two friends, Samheed and Lani from a horrible island, named Warbler who keeps people completely silent with a special collar, and then makes them work. In the book it goes back and forth from Alex, Samheed, and Lani's views to show what is happening in each place. Ma ...more
Lani or Sky? 8 15 Sep 18, 2017 06:11PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #136 - Island of Fire 1 1 Sep 02, 2014 05:39AM
Lani 11 23 Jun 21, 2014 03:34PM
Unwanteds: Island of Fire 10 18 Apr 27, 2014 10:06AM
  • Villains Rising (The Cloak Society, #2)
  • The Seven Swords (Otherworld Chronicles, #2)
  • The Rogue Knight (Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • Sands of Nezza (Adventurers Wanted, #4)
  • The Black Reckoning (The Books of Beginning, #3)
  • 97 Ways to Train a Dragon (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #9)
  • The Sandman and the War of Dreams (The Guardians #4)
  • The Menagerie (Menagerie, #1)
  • The Monster (Troubletwisters, #2)
  • Quest for the Secret Keeper (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #3)
  • The End of Infinity (Jack Blank Adventure, #3)
  • In Harm's Way (Benjamin Pratt & the Keepers of the School, #4)
  • Darkness Falls (Survivors, #3)
  • Ambush (Pillage, #3)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
Lisa McMann lives and writes in the Phoenix area. Her books include the NYT bestselling THE UNWANTEDS series (the new UNWANTEDS QUESTS series begins Feb 7, 2017) and the YA paranormal WAKE trilogy. Other books include the VISIONS trilogy, CRYER'S CROSS, DEAD TO YOU, INFINITY RING: The Trap Door, and the GOING WILD trilogy (book 2 coming autumn 2017).

You can find more info at Lisa'a website, lisamc
More about Lisa McMann...

Unwanteds (7 books)
  • The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1)
  • Island of Silence (Unwanteds, #2)
  • Island of Legends (Unwanteds, #4)
  • Island of Shipwrecks (Unwanteds #5)
  • Island of Graves (Unwanteds, #6)
  • Island of Dragons (Unwanteds, #7)
“People who care about each other don’t hurt each other or make each other feel small.” 7 likes
“And so it was that in the midst of chaos and color and light, in the glorious rebirth of a magical world, there remained two small vessels dark and drained. And those vessels were the heart and the soul of a brokenhearted young mage, sobbing alone in the sand.” 6 likes