Start by marking “Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)

Untold

(The Lynburn Legacy #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  12,793 Ratings  ·  1,347 Reviews
It's time to choose sides....

On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can
Published September 24th 2013 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Untold, please sign up.
Jessica Beth Nope! Goodreads is for recording what you read and want to read. You're going to have to borrow or buy this if you want to read it (or any book, for…moreNope! Goodreads is for recording what you read and want to read. You're going to have to borrow or buy this if you want to read it (or any book, for that matter). (less)

Joie
Sep 13, 2012 marked it as to-read
Edit: 10/25/2012
Dear Ms. Brennan,

I have just read the UNTOLD excerpt...
and
WHEN I SAID I WANTED A MAKE-OUT SCENE, THIS WAS NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!

description

my heart was not ready for this level of trauma...

edit: October 23, 2012
"In Mexico on writing retreat, I spent a solid ten hours writing a make-out scene in Untold."
-SRB on her tumblr

BETWEEN WHO?!?!?!?! I MUST KNOW!

Edit: September 13, 2012
"I would like to make it clear: I make no promises about them as A Romantic Pairing. Maybe they are in love, maybe o
Keertana
In retrospect, Untold is an extraordinarily boring novel. Unspoken was a novel I loved inexplicably; just because it was whimsical and amusing and magical and I could. With Untold, however, my feelings are far more mixed. On one hand, this novel delivered exactly what I wanted it to, but on another, I found myself left with an intangible wanting.

What Brennan has always excelled at - ever since the release of her debut - is capturing the personality behind the shells her characters wear. Kami, e
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Actual rating: 3.5

I usually hate love triangles, I usually hate the romance. This book is different in that I actually enjoyed both. I felt the love triangle was complex enough, the romance and relationships between the characters were beautifully, realistically portrayed. This book had a tremendous amount of humor. It had an amazing, strong main character. The side characters were compelling; funny, flawed, loveable. It portrayed a lesbian character and her ordeal with coming into herself with
Danielle.
"[...] hell is a place where the souls of the damned can still see heaven."

Once again, Sarah doesn't fail to impress and amaze me.

Damn you for messing with my feels like this, Sarah. Damn you.

In a small sleepy town called Sorry-in-the-Vale (with symbolic locations named Shadownchurch Lane, Pleasant Street, Sorrier River, Hope Field, Really Depressed Quarry, and more), things are not going as planned. After finding out that an evil sorcerer with a not-so-hidden-agenda named Rob was behind the de
Emily (Falling for YA)
Oh Sarah, I see what you're doing. Give us an amazing book, leave us on a terrible cliffhanger, make us wait until June September.

I'm on to you lady.

Official Review now that the above waiting madness is over:
I loved Unspoken beyond all reason. My review is nothing but gushing sentences and stress. The cliffhanger at the end was a doozey and I don’t know how I managed to wait over a year to read Untold, but I did, and now I’m tasked with scooping up my feels and sorting them in to a coherent revi
Jaden
Sep 16, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Update 1/24/2013: After being veeeery hesitant, I indulged myself and read all the released snippets. They made me come to the following conclusions; Ash is a jerk (turning good in the last few pages, doesn't undo his entire past), Jared is a jerk, Holly is a jerk, Angie is more naive than I initially thought, Kami is too soft for her own good (please buck up, hon, there's still a lot to come) and Rusty - oh God, Rusty! - is absolutely awesome. I get the feeling we'll be having a steadily increa ...more
Katy
May 04, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hurls iPad across the room. Muffles a scream of frustration. Sighs and goes over to retrieve said iPad.

I absolutely hated this book (no, not really). It made me want to pull my hair out (seriously, I have bald spots). But for the "lovely, lovely readers who suffered over the ending of Unspoken," it's definitely a must-read. Yeah, I read your acknowledgement at the end of this book. I am on to you, lady!!! >:(

In Brennan's defense, my rating probably has to do a lot with my feelings toward Kami
Susana

Arc won by Erin "the cat" :)

For those of you who have already been introduced to the gripping plot that takes place on "SORRY-IN-THE-VALE" with Unspoken, you'll be pleased to know, that this story is even better than the first..
IT IS!!! IT REALLY IS!! YAY!!
*a little fangirl moment*

The characters have depth, they're interesting *a little insane sometimes, yes, but who cares?*, and quirky!! In fact, there's quirkiness to be given and sold, for everyone who decides _ with reason!! _ to read this s
Wendy Darling
The cliffie at the end of the last book was not my favorite, but didn't enrage me. THIS snippet from the new book, though...

Emily (Book Jems)
Sarah promised me there would be macking. It's part of her trilogy motto.
She promised.

Other than that. I just need this book. And I need it now. DAMN YOU, JUNE 2013 FOR BEING SO FAR AWAY.

... ... ...

...Wait... Whut... June? SARAH, YOU SAID SEPTEMBER.
description
I'm perfectly alright with this. Though, fer realz. Where's the book?

ETA:
August 29, 2013
Goodreads is a liar.
I hate everything.
Someone hold me.

Ferdy
Spoilers

A somewhat entertaining read. There were a lot of parts that dragged but the main issue I had with Untold was that there was too much ridiculous teen drama, and not enough actual storyline.

-The characters were a bit of a mixed bag. I absolutely loathed Jared and Holly, they were fucking awful… Kami, Angela, and Rusty on the other hand were more or less decent enough.

-One thing that really irritated me was that most of the teen drama was down to a lack of communication. I hate when thin
Gillian Berry

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan, book two in the Lynburn Legacy: A Reading Experience

Me, upon beginning: Oh, and everything's already gone to pot.

Me: Best cameo made by a fleet of inanimate objects suddenly made animate.

Me: KAMI YOU ARE SO SPECIAL DON'T YOU SEE HE'S LYING HE JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH HIS GOOEY MARSHMALLOW CENTER

Me: *sob* I love a boy with layers. You, Jared Lynburn, are an onion. You're an onion parfait. Layered between many more onion parfa
Kristalia
I still dont know if i should/should not write a review for this... i am not in the mood for it, but overall it was okayish, and not as good as the first book sadly... It's one of those bridge books which are there to be a stepping stone for the last one -_-' But overall i love the idea for this series and i love Kami and Jared was so-so in this book (he had done some things which pissed me off sadly)... There is also nasty cliffhanger at the end (but i kind of expected it)

I planned to give it 4
K.
Sit down. I have a lot to say...

There have been much debate over Sarah Rees Brennan's second installment in her Lynburn Legacy trilogy. It had been so hyped up it almost jinxed itself. Untold has received giddy praise and somber criticism. So, which is it? Well, it's kind of both.

Untold tells the aftermath of Kami and Co. after having discovered that it was Rob Lynburn who had been doing the massacring around not-so-sleepy-town Sorry-in-the-Vale. Now, he's recruiting to build an army. As is with
Isa Lavinia

First of all I should say the author was incredibly kind to send me this book - more accurately, my cat won this book for me, but that's a long story involving scratches, and forcing pets to wear little wire-framed spectacles.

The fact I was sent this book by the author does not affect, in any way, my review.What does affect it, is that I've been following Sarah Rees Brennan's writing since way back when, and she has never, ever, disappointed me. So now here we are, the ~dreaded~ 2nd book of
Rashika (is tired)
Actual Rating 3.5

I have to say, I wasn't nearly as disappointed by this follow-up as I thought I would be but at the same time, it wasn't as awesome as Unspoken. For starters, Kami makes me feel a little iffy to be honest. I like her but at the same time, I really want to shake her.

Also the romance. Seriously? WHAT IS UP with Kami constantly thinking she isn't nearly as attractive as any of her friends and then you see that three guys are vying for her attention! WHAT THE WHAT?

Jared has to be
Sep 08, 2012 marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Literally counting the minutes until we are together

Cody
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fabulous Follow Up

After the devastating cliffhanger of Unspoken I just HAD to start Untold straight away. WARNING: The cliffhanger to Untold is just as bad; seriously recommend having all 3 books before you start this series!

The evil sorcerer Rob Lynburn is back and eager to take over Sorry-in-the-Vale and bring back the old ways of sacrificing people to aid magic. Rob is now recruiting an army of sorcerer’s to overthrow his wife Lilian Lynburn and rule Aurimere Manor. The character’s are the
Sana
'She was feeling uncharitable in every direction.'

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT'S HOW THE BOOK ENDS PT. 2?

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, BRENNAN. HONESTLY, WHO HURT YOU

Another list of things I'd like to note because this is the only way:
- 160 highlights, my love for this OTP going strong
- I now find scarecrows very creepy thanks a lot for that, book
- KAMI IS GOALS, WELL AND TRULY
- 'Men,' she said. 'Always going on about feelings all the time.' KAMI, ILY
- SOMEONE HELP THAT SUICIDAL TAVERN WENCH WITH ZERO PRESERV
Bethan
"I can never describe the value you have to me, because all the words for value suggest that you belong to me, and you don't."

Once again I've found myself in a state where I think every problem can be overcome with witty comments, as can only happen after reading one of Brennan's books. Almost every issue had a silver lining that came in the form of sassy remarks to lighten the mood... up until about 90% of the way in and it was like, BANG no silver linings any more, you've had your fun now it
snowplum
I had really mixed feelings about Book 1 (Unspoken) in this series because I liked the concept. Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy little town created so that sorcerers would have a safe place to draw power from the natural world and, in theory, have positive relationships with mundanes who could form pairings with them to serve as sources for more power in return for magical help and protection. And of course, eventually Voldemort (aka Rob Lynburn) comes along and thinks sorcerers are the master rac ...more
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
2.5 Stars

I was so excited to read Untold. Unspoken left a huge impression on me and It is great in the sense of it-is-so-addicting-i-gotta-have-book-two-now.

Untold follow up right after everyone’s near death experience & Rob’s rebellion. The war is coming and everyone is preparing for the terrible outcome and with Kami & Jared’s broken link, everything is bound to be more perilous.

When I started reading Untold, I hoped for a plausible and a great follow up book. I really did. The plot d
Abigail
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I think I'm starting to see a pattern: Amazing book, infuriating characters that you can't help but love, and a terrible cliffhanger.

Please tell me the next book ends better than its prequels.
Mags~CVAddikt~
Jan 11, 2013 marked it as must-read-before-july-2014  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pendientes
I've just read the snippet and ...

Kiersten
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads, favorites
See more of my reviews at We Live and Breathe Books

I read Unspoken, the first book in the Lynburn Legacy series, earlier this year. With the cliffhanger ending of that book (grrr…), I was anxiously awaiting the release of the second book. Unfortunately, college happened and I found myself unable to read Untold until now. I really loved Unspoken and Untold did not disappoint.

It’s hard to talk about Untold without having any spoilers for the first book in the series because the plot has everything
Vippi
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 solid stars

I really enjoyed Unspoken, but I really, inexplicably loved this one.

The keyword: Angst.

Oh, but don't worry, it's well worth it.

The characters: the piece de resistance of this series. I mean, they are simply fantastic!

• Kami: she confirmed she is a strong, although utterly atypical heroine. I love her.

“She had worried that she would break if her heart broke, but she wasn't broken. she had lost everything, but she was not lost. It seemed a worthwhile thing to know.”

• Jared: w
Elevetha

At this point, a bajillion books/school assignments/a few months after reading Untold, I'm not up for writing a review on the finer plot/character/whathaveyou points. I'm really really not. It actually feels like I need to re-read it and that makes me feel kinda pathetic, not that I'm objecting to a re-read. But I must say that the first time reading this will forever be the best time.

Because of being stuck in a ridiculously cramped and loud mini-van, sneaking in chapters of Untold with my sist
Kristina
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4/25/2013
OH MY GOD ITS GOT A COVER. LOOK AT THAT BITCH. STANDING WITH THE MOTHER FUCKING TREES BESIDE HER. IT'S LIKE SHE'S WALKING INTO A BRIGHT LIGHT. DON'T YOU GO WALKING INTO ANY LIGHTS NOW UNLESS YOUR WALKING INTO SOMEONE ELSE LIGHT AND BY SOMEONE ELSE'S I MEAN JARED'S AND BY JARED'S I MEAN GOD DAMN YOU TWO TOTALLY HAVE FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER NOW GO SMOOCH.

4/13/2013
I am sorry. But with that cliffhanger it has now become a challenge for the OTP to be Jared. The snippets have Kami/Ash and Kam
Sue Ann Lim
I SHOULD NOT HAVE READ THE SNIPPET. I'M FEELING SO DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW. THAT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE HAPPENED!!!!! *breaks down crying*
Regan
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-owned-read
I really really like this story
Play Book Tag: Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2) - Sarah Rees Brennan 3 stars 3 11 Feb 04, 2016 12:51AM
Rusty and Kami together? 8 152 Aug 19, 2014 12:11PM
Spoiler question. 3 46 Jun 03, 2014 10:51AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Untold (The Lynburn Legacy #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan - Starting March 21st 2014 63 31 Mar 29, 2014 04:43PM
Kami , Jared and Ash? 7 135 Dec 21, 2013 10:33PM
kindle edition release? 1 24 Aug 20, 2013 11:48AM
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Necromancing the Stone (Necromancer, #2)
  • The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2)
  • The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy, #1)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly, #2)
  • Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)
  • The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Scorch (Croak, #2)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Renegade Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #2)
  • Right of First Refusal (Radleigh University, #2)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • A Spark Unseen (The Dark Unwinding, #2)
  • Deep Betrayal (Lies Beneath, #2)
Sarah Rees Brennan is Irish and currently lives in Dublin. For a short stint, she lived in New York and became involved with a wide circle of writers who encouraged and supported her, including Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. She has developed a wide audience through her popular blog, mistful.livejournal.com, where she writes movie parodies, book reviews and some stories.

The Lynburn Legacy (3 books)
  • Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
“Been chatting much with Jared?"
"We often have special moments where I come into a room and he immediately leaves," Kami said. "I treasure those times.”
131 likes
“I don't care," Kami informed him. "All you are to me are sex objects that I choose to imagine bashing together at random. Oh, there you go again, look at that, nothing but Lynburn skin as far as the mind's eye can see. Masculine groans fill the air, husky and-"
"Stop it," Ash said in a faint voice. "That isn't fair."
Behind them, Jared was laughing. Kami glanced back at him and caught his eye: for once, it made her smile, as if amusement could still travel back and forth like a spark between them.
"Ash is right, this is totally unfair," Jared told her. "If you insist on this-"
"Oh, I do," Kami assured him.
"Then I insist on hooking up with Rusty instead of Ash. It's the least you can do."
"Ugh," Ash protested. "You guys, stop."
"She's making a point," Jared said blandly. "I recognize her right to do that. But considering the alternative, I want Rusty."
Ash gave this some thought. "Okay, I'll have Rusty too."
The sound of the door opening behind them made them all look up the stairs to where Rusty stood, with one eyebrow raised.
"Don't fight, boys," he remarked mildly. "There's plenty of Rusty to go around.”
91 likes