Start by marking “The Most Important Year in a Woman's Life/The Most Important Year in a Man's Life: What Every Bride Needs to Know / What Every Groom Needs to Know” as Want to Read:

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  235 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Your marriage could be one of history’s great love stories! As newlyweds, it’s time to ensure that your marriage can meet the challenges it will face right around the corner. Cultivating good habits during these first twelve foundational months of your marriage and knowing what to focus on will set the stage for years to come.Robert and Bobbie and Mark and Susan know that ...more
Published April 27th 2003 by Zondervan (first published April 24th 2003)

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Important Year in a Woman's Life/The Most Important Year in a Man's Life

Will
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: relationships
good insightful tips for a guy looking to not drive his wife crazy during their first year of marriage.
Marika Gillis
Mar 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Marika by: Cass & Sarah
Shelves: nonfiction
Nathan and I received The Most Important Year in a Man's/Woman's Life as a wedding present from Nathan's college friends, Cass and Sarah, and, in case you were wondering, the most important year in a man or woman's life is the first year of marriage. One half of this book is devoted to the man's perspective during the first year of marriage and the other was written from the woman's perspective. The book is designed to be read at the same time as your spouse (though not necessarily together like ...more
Reggieflowers
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is innovative even in its construction in the manner in which it is read. There is one side fir the man to read. If the book is flipped there is another side for the woman to read. Then there is also a section in the middle that the couple are to read together after they have completed their respective sections. This a book that was designed to be read simultaneously, as a couple together! A first project to do together as a married couple to help reinforce and ensure the success of yo ...more
Kimball
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kimball by: Rachel Hansen
I liked the unique, clever design of this book. Ashley read her side and most of my side before our year anniversary. I finally read both sides (which was pretty much the same except the girls side talked about having/raising kids and I don't remember that in the boys side.)

I really enjoyed the concepts presented in this book, especially the Money Insurance Premium (I had learned that from my brother Crusts, as he and his wife read the book previously) and the Normals (what we each take from ou
Heather
Jan 03, 2011 added it
Shelves: nonfic
The pastor who is performing my marriage ceremony recommended this book for both me and my fiance to read. One half is written for the bride, the other for the husband.

I have really enjoyed the insights, expectations, and "normalcy" of what's to come in the first year of a marriage. I have laughed out loud and wanted to cry.

So far, so good.

I am also very intrigued by "the other half"....I may or may not have sneaked a few peaks...

Ok finished! Thoroughly enjoyed this one - even the somewhat cl
leah
Aug 16, 2007 is currently reading it
Recommends it for: newly married people
Matthew and I are reading and learning a lot from this book about married life. It really emphasizes the beginning years of marriage being important for setting a healthy lifetime and we've (especially I'VE)found a lot of new ideas (like the YES cycle... ask me about it) that are sooo helpful to our relationship. Thanks Lucy and John for the book!
Diana
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It's a great read. I think everyone should read it even if you are not preparing for marriage. It's good practical information for bringing happiness to any relationship; especially your husband and your marriage.
Daisy
Aug 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this with my husband when we were taking a pre-marital class. We both really enjoyed it and learned a lot from it! I highly recomend it to any and all newly weds, or even couples that have been married for years - it's a good read to read as a couple.
Mike
Feb 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
I think I would have been a pretty decent husband even if I hadn't read this book. But reading it gave me such a greater appreciation for how to treat a wife. The authors put my thoughts into words. That's a good thing.
Kelly Ford
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth reading (even if it's past the first year mark of your marriage)! The format was great for facilitating helpful and practical discussions.
Megan
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Very good, I'd recommend it to any newlywed couple. My husband and I still refer to it, still see good growth in our marriage due to some of the great biblical principles in the book.
Will O'kelley
A great book about living the first year of marriage as holy and wholly unto God and unto one's spouse. Very practical and very thought provoking on the power of simple actions and sacrifice.
Juani
Aug 06, 2011 added it
Good, funny, and practical! this book can be picked up again in the future for reference.
Kristin
Jan 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Best Christian pre-martial book out there! Great gift idea.
Stephanie
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
There were some worthwhile concepts, but some didn't apply to me.
Andrea Wise
Apr 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
almost finished! Very practical... =)
Maricelis
Shelves: faith, non-fiction
re-read July 2007
Bookworm's Nemesis
Sep 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
A good read before you great married.
Matt
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very practical book on navigating any year of marriage.
Eric
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Simple, a little religious-y but it has some good points that could definitely help out. A quick and good read. There were a number of sports references for "men".
James Comeaux Jr
  • Reel Spirituality: Theology and Film in Dialogue
  • Developing the Leader Within You Workbook
  • The Nest Newlywed Handbook
  • Three to Get Married
ROBERT WOLGEMUTH has been in the media business for thirty-nine years. He is former president of Thomas Nelson Publishers and the owner of Wolgemuth & Associates, Inc., a literary agency exclusively representing the writing work of more than one hundred authors. Dr. Wolgemuth is a speaker and best-selling author of over twenty books, including She Calls Me Daddy, the notes to the Dad's Devotio ...more
“jot down five or six things you think your wife most wants from you.” 0 likes