Start by marking “The Water Lily Fairy” as Want to Read:
The Water Lily Fairy

The Water Lily Fairy

The Water Lily Fairy is a story of a fairy who was curious about the people in Corleone, Sicily. She hid as a water lily in a pond among other water lilies. The fairy wanted to do some nice things for those people by showering them with different gifts every day.
Published September 11th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Water Lily Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Water Lily Fairy

Start your review of The Water Lily Fairy
A.E. Curzon
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When a group of fairies fly over a village, one fairy elects not to fly on, but stay and hide amongst the water lilies. Cleverly camouflaged as a lily bud, she is able to hear the conversations of the children nearby. Later she leaves the safety of the lily pond to look around. She flies over the village and notices how poor the people are. She then makes a kind, conscious decision to help them. But, after the first gift of rose petals, which lifts their day, the children want more. After which, ...more
Lita Burke
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Water Lily Fairy by Mary Ann Vitale is a children’s fantasy about a fairy that brings secret gifts to a village.

One day a group of fairies fly by a pond filled with water lilies, and a curious fae lingers to observe the playing children. She folds her skirt just so and hides in plain sight because she looks like a closed lily. The children are from such poor families that the fairy wishes there was something she could do to ease their dreary lives.

She stays hidden at the pond and overhears
Lorraine Carey
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had purchased The Water Lily Fairy as I am quite obsessed with anything fairy. I was delighted and entertained with this lighthearted tale which is set in a small village in Italy. A beautiful fairy of goodness and pure heart decides to show her gifts of love to a needy village as she delivers different gifts to the village each night. She tries to stay out of sight and hides in a most wonderful place. I loved when she left roses all over the streets of the village. The illustrations in the ...more
Shannan Williams
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the most adorable book for the little ones, whether it is at bedtime or at any other time of the day. I would have read this to mine when they were little over and over. I have no doubt that it would have been a favorite.

It’s the perfect length and it is so so cute. The pictures are just too cute and the story itself is great. The story has a great meaning. It teaches kids about how good it feels to spread kindness.

I love this book and it gets 5***** all the way around. I highly
Brandt
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a dream of a book. The Water Lily Fairy by Mary Ann Vitale is a beautifully and colorfully illustrated book that all children will adore. The wonderfully sweet Water Lily Fairy secretly bestows gifts like candy and gold. My five-year-old son became enchanted by the magical tale. It’s now a favorite of his and one I don’t mind reading over and over. Highly recommended – 5 stars.
Roberta Pearce
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a short tale of a curious fairy who spreads cheer in an astonishingly grateful community. There are no overt life lessons or any heavy-handed morality tales here - just fun. And if the Water Lily Fairy is ever in my 'hood, she's more than welcome to fly by.
Dorothy Mercer
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable children's story for adults to read aloud to children. The illustrations are beautiful and will keep the children entertained while you read. What a wonderful way to teach your children to love books.
Victoria
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
While difficult to read on a small screen (such as my iPhone), I found the story to be well-written and quite cute. The illustrations were colorful and well-drawn, though it was hard to fully appreciate them on a small screen. The story was age-appropriate and clearly written in a way that children would understand.

My only concern for a child reading it is the illustrations of the fairy have her showing off quite a bit of skin, particularly on the cover. It's nothing completely inappropriate,
Deborah McClatchey
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found this short story to be enchanting and clever. Children will enjoy the heck out of it. The fairy camouflaged herself in a pond so she can hear the people and children in the village voice their wishes and dreams. I love how she surprises them. I need to get this for my 4 year old grandson. He will love it and have sweet dreams of fairies. The author is amazing with her many children’s stories and does them in multiple languages! This one should be a classic! I gladly give this wonderful ...more
Simon Okill
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Water Lily Fairy by Mary Ann Vitale is a wonderful children's short story that captured my heart and never let go. The pictures are quite stunning, matching perfectly the simple yet enchanting tale of a mischievous fairy who listens to the poor children's wishes and makes them come true with spectacular results. Warm, sigh-worthy and just as scrummy as a box of chocolates. This lovely tale set in Sicily is worth its weight in gold coins.
FIVE STARS for this children's short and very highly
Ju Ephraime
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Mary Ann Vitale’s Water Lily Fairy story. It’s magical and fun and it will capture the imagination of any child. But as an adult, with an interest in children’s books, I love the graphics. Beautiful, colorful graphics that will make any child happy to read the story of, The Water Lily Fairy and how she helped the people in the tiny village of Corleone.
Candi Terrill
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

A wonderful story of gifts, and generosity. I wish the story was just a bit longer, but it's still a good read. The illustrations are beautiful and the story sweet.
Sandip Banerjee
Jun 11, 2014
Elizabeth Lisanti
May 26, 2015
Venkata Karnati
rated it did not like it
May 16, 2018