Start by marking “200 Crochet Flowers, Embellishments & Trims: Contemporary Designs for Embellishing All of Your Accessories” as Want to Read:

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Over 200 all-new crochet stitches, embellishments and trims make this the one-stop shop for all creative crocheters. Every stitch is shown as a clear swatch to show the effect and texture, and the pattern is given both written and as an easy-to-follow diagram. Conveniently grouped crochet motifs, stitches and edgings allow for easy browsing and location of favorites. Teach ...more
Published May 12th 2011 by David & Charles Publishers

To ask other readers questions about 200 Crochet Flowers, Embellishments & Trims, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 200 Crochet Flowers, Embellishments & Trims

Francy
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book for the crochet-er.

First of all, the book is a collection of patterns for flowers, leaves, trims, and stitches that can be added here and there to make everything look pretty, the best thing being that it gives you ideas on how to use them.

Each section in the book is colour coded for easy finding. It contains a very useful intro covering the basic stitched, yarn weights and textures, pattern reading, and generally useful ideas and information to stimulate crochet creativity. Despite this
Heather
Jun 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up to use it to make an "Advent Calendar Scarf". The patterns for the flowers, trims, motifs and stitches are charted and given written directions. Each is also pictured in color examples. Scattered throughout, there are examples given for how the different things might be used in a completed object. Overall, very well done.
Megalion
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more of a 3.5 for me but I'm rounding up as I think its a valuable resource for crocheters with less experience.

I found this book to be most valuable for its trims section. There are many books that show flowers but not as many that show trims.

The flowers were about the different essential forms used to make flowers. Not many were intended to be representative of real flowers but give you the basics which are used everywhere (ie afghans, baby outfits) as flower elements.

Another plus t
MD
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I wanted this book to add to my flower patterns. I don't need trim very often, and don't have many patterns for it so thought it might be nice to have more. It does have some interesting flower patterns I'm looking forward to trying including a flower with a trumpet and a different approach to roses and daisies. Among the trims, I really like the daisy chain, and some others are making me wonder what trim projects I might be able to come up with. I was disappointed to find that even though the b ...more
Bookish Enchantment
One of the few crochet books that is very easy to follow. The author has added very good images and instructions on the crochet stitches at the front of the book as well. The book is not for beginners but certainly for those who know basic crocheting. The book is bursting with great ideas that are fast to create.
Katherine Cowley
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
A lot of books teach crocheted flowers and other motifs, but what I love about this book is the section of crocheted trim. It provides a great selection that you could easily create more patterns from, to adorn the edges of blankets or add embellishments to clothes and other fabrics.
Dee
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to own this book! Awesome projects. You can never have too many embellishments. Great little projects for beginner crocheters. I just want to sit and make flowers all day. My first batch went to a group who knit cancer patients' hats! Beautiful book.
melissa
Alot of the trims & borders can be found in another book of hers called The crochet & knit bible. However the flowers are not so that was very nice. This is going to be my go to book all winter I have a feeling
Bouquiniere
great tips and flowers
Tisha
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing in this book that is revolutionary or not readily available on the web.
Courtney
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book helped a lot in my accessories work... some of the language is a little hard to follow but other then that I like it. I think it works great for people who can crochet with floss!
Sonia
Love this book! I've added lots of embellishments to my handmade clothing for an even more special look.
Oct 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
So many patterns, so little time! I will definitely have to re check this one out!
Susie