Start by marking “The Everything Canning and Preserving Book: All you need to know to enjoy natural, healthy foods year round” as Want to Read:

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
More and more people are beginning to can and preserve, whether for health benefits or to save money. Complete with step-by-step instructions, recipes, and tips, this book is a must for beginning and experienced canners alike. With this book you will learn to: Preserve fresh foods by drying, freezing, canning, and pickling; Find and use the tools needed to can and preserve ...more
Published May 18th 2009 by Everything (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Canning and Preserving Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Canning and Preserving Book

Adrian
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I like this book. It has some great recipes. The only reason I don't use it more is that many of the recipes contain fruits and vegetables that cannot grow where I live. Wine-Poached Figs sounds amazing but I just cannot grow figs. The section on preserving flowers is terrific, but I will probably never make any of the recipes. This is probably a 3/5 rating for "it's not you it's me" reasons.
Kathleen
This book provides a good overview to canning and other methods of preserving. I liked this layout, knowing I can find other books for more in-depth reading if I desire. The second half of the book is devoted to recipes. There seems to be quite a selection, but I won't be trying any at this time since I've borrowed this book from the library.
Greta
A good overview of the canning process as well as other forms of preserving (freezing, drying, etc.). There were significantly fewer recipes in this book than others on the topic that I've read. However, if you're a newcomer to canning/preserving, it's worth reading for the good basic information contained within.
Po
Apr 29, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, food, canning
This book provides very good basic info for people like me who don't know a thing about canning. I was hoping for some recipes for very basic items such as tomato sauce but most recipes are elaborate and require that you make huge amounts. I think most people that can do it in large amounts but I'll be looking at a few more books for those of us who are harvesting in small amounts.
Greta
Along with the basic overview of canning and preserving methods, this book contains an interesting collection of recipes.
Susan
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe trying to cover too much in one book, but a decent overview of preserving food in general. I was not impressed with the recipes.
Peggy VanHoveln
Lenna
Apr 23, 2010
Kaz
Mar 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No photos but lots of information for starters.
nancy mechelke
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2014
Angie
Feb 01, 2016
Eva North
May 02, 2016
Patricia "Trish" Telesco is a professional author with more than 50 metaphysical titles on the market.

Trish considers herself a kitchen witch whose love of folkore (and a bit of Strega) flavor every spell and ritual. Her strongest beliefs lie in following personal vision, being tolerant of other traditions, making life an act of worship, and being the magic!

Trish travels minimally twice per mont
More about Patricia J. Telesco...