Start by marking “Revelations (The Merlin Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Revelations (The Merlin Chronicles  #1)

Revelations

(The Merlin Chronicles #1)

In Revelations, the first book of The Merlin Chronicles, archeology student Jason Carpenter discovers a mysterious orb that has housed history's greatest wizard for 1,600 years. Forced into an uneasy alliance, Jason and Merlin are sucked into a web of deceit, intrigue, and murder in a race to outwit and outrun Merlin’s ancient nemesis, the evil sorceress Morgana LaFay, a g ...more
Published September 25th 2013 by GMTA Publishing (first published December 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Revelations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revelations

Start your review of Revelations (The Merlin Chronicles #1)
Jeannie Walker
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a fantasy fiction that is also an adventure. I love wizards and wasn't disappointed by the skillful writing in this work. It is definitely a mysterious orb. Hope everyone gets a chance to read "Revelations". Daniel is a very good writer.

Jeannie Walker Award Winning Author - "Fighting the Devil" - A True Story of Consuming Passion, Deadly Poison, and Murder
OrchardBookClub
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a book!! Thank you Daniel for letting us review it :D
First i have to confess, i have NEVER read a Merlin book......Ever.....Much to the shock and amusement of my friend and fellow reviewer Laura.So i can honestly say, hand on heart, I went into this book with open eyes, And let me say what a book!!
If you are a Merlin fan you have, no NEED to get this book.
Merlin (and yes i mean the wizard) is a totally kiss-ass guy who i must say shocked me a couple of times :) As for poor Jason Carpent
J.
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
This is a full-length contemporary fantasy/paranormal novel with a great storyline, tying Merlin, the sad remains of Author's legacy, Morgan le Fey, and dragons into the present-day world through an archaeological dig. Development for the main characters is okay and the book does stand alone, clearly part of a series but not left with a cliffhanger ending for readers to rue.

The presentation is good, actually professional, with quality formatting and decent proofreading. But a skilled content ed
Theresa
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed
Revelations by Daniel Diehl is book one of The Merlin Chronicles.

Tintagel, the home of Arthurian legend is where we first meet Jason. His professor offers him a chance to be in charge of his own dig, the middens. Most people would rather not be digging around in that type of area, however, for an archeologist it offers a wealth of information. His team finds a hollow glass sphere, something that shouldn't be able exist.

Undisturbed for over 1,500 years Merlin has secreted himself away to research
Nicola Parkinson
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a book!! Thank you Daniel for letting us review it :D
If you are a Merlin fan you have, no NEED to get this book.
Mountain Lady
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. Loved how the author wove history throughout. Very magical, just like Merlin, I highly recommend and think it is going to become a huge hit once people find this great gem.
Read it and pass the news along... Its not very often that you can jump in before its already become a blockbuster so jump in now and say you were part of the phenomenom this Fantasy series is going to become.
ML
Vocal Medicine Woman
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow- I just have to share this awesome book. Truly fun and original with the history and legend of our ancestors strewn throughout. Awesome! Get it and read it people--- and write a review here and on Amazon etc... These are the kind of stories that we need to keep telling in our world! It is a must read for sure from me!
Vocal Medicine Woman
Daniel Diehl
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Revelations is the first book of the new break out Fantasy series The Merlin Chronicles
Jacob
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, fantasy
So I've been "reading" an eBook alongside my regular reading as backup for the times when I don't have my regular book handy to read. If the story is good, though, I get engrossed and end up finishing it before too long. As you might be able to tell from how long it took me to get through this, it didn't maintain my interest. It's a shame, too, because there was a lot to like about it.

The story introduces the fantastical elements gradually (including Merlin), but relatively quickly, so the novel
Stéphanie
This book first caught my attention because it promised to tell the story of the reappearance of Merlin, the famous magician we’ve probably all heard of. Most of us know Merlin from the legend of King Arthur and his knights, but I think Daniel Diehl was able to reinvent Merlin’s myth and write a story about one of the most known fictional characters. I think he succeeded in creating his own adventurous tale about Merlin, set in our modern world, while still keeping true to some of the original m ...more
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book, through NetGalley, in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I like reading books based on myths and legends, so when I saw this one offered on NetGalley, I decided to request it and download a copy.

I found this book to be a really entertaining spin on the King Arthur legend. It was nice to see Merlin used as a main character and I found the fact that his magic was more like science quite interesting, though I didn't think that explained e
Rachel
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love to read anything to do with Merlin and having Merlin in the modern day world was just too good to resist. We start off by meeting Jason who is an archeology student in England although he is American. He seemed a great guy all in all and took all of the things that happened to him once Merlin appears in his stride, I am not sure many people would do as well as him with all of the shocking news he is told.

Merlin needs no description at all, he is a legend. He did seem a bit dithery at time
Tatiana Campos
Jul 22, 2015 rated it liked it
It took me a long while to get into the rhythm of this book. I'm used to a much faster paced read, and this started off a bit slow for my taste. I was tempted to stop reading a few times, but persisted in the hopes that things would pick up later in the story.

I'm glad I kept reading! I wasn't disappointed, and by the end of the book there was definitely enough action and adventure to make up for the lack of it in the beginning.

In this first installment we meet Jason, a budding archaeology studen
Dawn
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received a free ecopy for an honest review of this book.

Revelations is a fantasy that brings Merlin, Morgana le Fay, and dragons to modern times. It starts with an archeological dig that uncovers a mysterious crystal globe and from that moment, Jason’s life will never be the same.

Jason becomes immersed in Merlin’s world and once he believes in Merlin and all that he represents, he feels he has no choice but to help him. Jason and his new girlfriend, Beverley, adore Merlin and do everything the
Adrienne Woods
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of Arthurian fantasy, and this one I found absolutely Amazing.

The way Daniel captured Merlin and chuck him into the 21st century, was superb. He’s characters are extremely well developed, Jason being our MC, and archaeologist that dug up an orb, dated back a time when those orbs weren’t found. The orb carried Merlin’s essence and I’m sure you can get the picture how this story starts.

I’m not going to give anything away from this novel. It’s one worth buying and you won’t be disapp
Stephen Merritt
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of science fiction and many variations on the Merlin and King Arthur story and yet this one is a another completely different angle. So far King Arthur has nothing to do with this story, more specifically about Merlin and Morgana's history. Merlin has been hiding from Morgana Le Fey for many centuries and his hiding place is unknowingly discovered by an archeology student named Jason during a dig with his professor and other students. The adventure that ensues is very entertain ...more
Jemima Pett
This was a catch-up year-end read, so please read my short review with that in mind.

There have been a huge number of Arthurian inspired novels around recently (since 2012, at any rate) and this is one of them. I didn’t really get on with the author’s style, which tends towards over-explanation, and realised I have had enough Arthurian legend fanfic.

I felt it could have done with a good edit. Given my copy is five years old, a good edit may have happened since, so don’t let me put you off. Some
Jan farnworth
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you love stories about Merlin and all the great characters from that era then you love the way the author connects those characters with the present day time. I love reading all the amazing facts about history that the author weaved throughout the story and that he choose to bring Merlin back to our world through an archaeological dig was a great concept. I am excited to see where the author tacks us with Merlin and Jason. I am hooked for sure.
Melissa
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-challenge
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

The is a great story of Merlin set in today's world. It is not the story you have grown up with, but it will keep you riveted like the original. The characters are relatable and the storyline is well developed. I look forward to reading more from the author.
Monique Timberlake-brady
As other posters have noted, this was a cool idea but really could have used a little more editing. It seems the author was so obsessed with portraying the life of an archaeology grad student accurately (by the way, they're "potsherds" not "pottery shards"--sheesh!), that he neglected character development and natural, flowing, dialogue. I was unable to finish the book. ...more
Sandy
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This book is about an archeologist Jason Carpenter that finds an orb. The orb contains Merlin the wizard of legend. This is a very well written book if a bit fantastical. This was a great escape reading including a live dragon. There was some interesting details and discussions about eastern religions.

Will read the second in the series.
Kai
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, net-gallery
Revelations: The Merlin Chronicle is exactly what the book is about. It is a mixture of Merlin and the Book of Revelations.

I was given this book by the publisher through Net Gallery for an honest review. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for this review.
Sherry
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've always enjoyed the Merlin and King Arthur legends, but never more so than Daniel Diehl's books. I was delighted by the character development of a Merlin cast unexpectedly into the 21st century. The Merlin Chronicles have it all from magic to humor and all out adventure. ...more
Shedric
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it, loved it.
Fun. Fantasy. History.
All wrapped together in a great compelling story.
Highly recommend!
Jennifer Kinnison
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Neat combination of urban fantasy and well-known legends, but hits a wall with the story incomplete and the villain still alive. Half the book is just not there.
Sue
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this more than I did. Fun premise and a modern day take on the Arthurian Legend. There were some great scenes but on the whole it dragged and was too predictable.
Autumn
Apr 25, 2014 rated it liked it
The premise interesting. Too much unnecessary cursing. The biggest hinderance was the lack of chapter breaks. The akwardly until you've realized its a different part of the book (read kindle version) ...more
Jane
May 12, 2014 rated it liked it
A little too much like Christian fiction. The action is strong, though the characters are fairly standard.
mirba
Dec 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Nothing wrong with the book that I know, I just forgot how much I dislike all the King Arthur saga and related stories, Merlin especially.
Debbie Ledesma
This books is an entertaining story using Merlin and Arthurian elements in the modern day world. Readers will enjoy the action and fast pace.
book trailers on YouTube 1 3 Jan 29, 2013 08:39AM
Bookaholic Anonymous: Merlin has Returned and is causing a Sensation 2 16 Jan 22, 2013 06:05AM

• The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Hounds of Autumn
  • The Pale Horseman (The Saxon Stories, #2)
  • Oath of Office (Jack Ryan Universe #26)
  • The Windup Girl
  • Black Panther by Christopher Priest: The Complete Collection, Vol. 1

The Merlin Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice  (The Merlin Chronicles #2)
  • Out of Time (The Merlin Chronicles, #3)

News & Interviews