Start by marking “Storm (Swipe #3)” as Want to Read:
Storm (Swipe #3)

Storm

(Swipe #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  873 ratings  ·  118 reviews
In a future United States under the power of a charismatic leader, everyone gets the Mark at age thirteen. The Mark allows citizen to shop, go to school, and even get medical care--without it, you are on your own. Few refuse to get the Mark. Those who do . . . disappear.

Logan Langly went in to get his Mark, but he backed out at the last minute. Ever since, he's been on the
Published May 6th 2013 by Thomas Nelson (first published May 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Storm (Swipe #3)
Hannah
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, christian, own
THAT PLOT TWIST THOUGH!!!
Ember
I liked this book. Maybe not as much as Sneak, but more than Swipe. I plan on reading Spark soon also. The only thing was that the ending was kind of confusing, but other than that, I liked it. :)

Clean rating: completely clean.
Emily Ann
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don't know what to think. I liked the first one but even by the second it was beginning to lose whatever had kept me before. I didn't like the characters they annoyed me.The plot sometimes was good but at other was horrible to me. And Logan's sister...basically even if her reason for doing those things were really, REALLY good I still be annoyed at how she acted and I hope it's good because if it isn't....

I might read the fourth one just to see how the writer finishes it, to see what happens
Barbara
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sierra Faith
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 The series is really getting better! Hopefully the next one will be AMAZING!
Emili
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry. A lot. It was amazing, though I still like the first and second better. That plot twist though was a shocker!
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
This is a mini Books For Christian Girls review. It is not a full content review and will not receive one. These mini-reviews are years old and just for clarity on the rating the book received on Goodreads.

8/7/2014-
Not my favorite in the series, but interesting plot twists throughout this third book.

2/7/2020-
Mentioned in a recent video that I would be unhauling this series for different reasons, but mainly because I found the last book to be very weird.

*Main Content-
A doctor discusses
Ethan G
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible book, maybe the best book I've ever read, with so many plot twists, and unexpected character changes. If you love dystopian books then you will love the swipe series.
Calvin Edwards
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was alright. Nowhere as good as the other two though. I would give it three stars but couldn't by the end of it. So I rated it two and a half stars.
Sara I
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Coming into this book, what I thought was the final book in the Swipe series, I had a good many expectations. The first two had been very good books with solid plots, stunning twists and characters that I enjoyed. I expected the third to live up to what had gone on in the first book and to deliver the same, not to mention a good ending. The book delivered :D (coming into this review I thought it was the last book, turns out there is a book four coming later this year :P)

Logan Langley has just
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
What I Loved: I ate this book up, er, I meant to say that I read through it extremely fast, as I found myself gripped so tightly by Storm, the exciting third installment in the Swipe Series. The writing by Evan Angler was excellent, as I've come to expect. And now that the characters are an extremely well established part of the story, I really felt like the plot was able to take a rather daring all-over-the-place exciting frenzied flight - and we were even introduced to a few new characters, ...more
Henrietta
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
What is the real threat?

While the Markless seem to be a threat to the government, the weather around the world has not been stable for quite some time. Because the Markless must grow and harvest their own food in order to survive, they are among the first to notice and worry about the adverse conditions. Although Logan and his friends have unveiled one conspiracy after another, things arent looking good this time around. Can they save the world despite the unfavorable circumstances?

Because Logan
Carol R.
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Evan Angler returns with his third book in his dystopian series for middle school readers.

Set in the future, everyone over the age of thirteen gets the Mark except for those who are fighting back like Logan Langly and his friends, the Dust. Logan tries rescuing his sister Lily, only to find she is part of the governments military force.

In Storm, a deadly epidemic is spreading throughout the Marked, and the weather is becoming less stable, creating a major drought. While the Dust race to find a
Lisa Godfrees
Let me start by saying that this is a fantastic series. I am thoroughly enjoying it. That being said, I didn't enjoy this book as much as the other two I've read. Most of it is because there is quite a bit of rehashing what has happened in the other books. That's probably convenient for people who waited a long time before reading the next book of the series, but I thought it was a bit heavy handed.

Genre: Dystopian

Worldview: Christian

Pros: I like the characters in the series. I appreciate the
Amy
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Decent book - wasn't as compelling as the first. Would have been a solid three star book, but then the author used his original story as a plot point. I finished the book, but felt disgusted by the author's gall the whole time. Good twist at the end, but using the first book really pissed me off. I won't be reading any further novels from this author.
Tabs
Sep 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Dear Author, you lose 2 stars for breaking a big cardinal of writing by inserting book1 into the story line. For pete's sake. Really the gang is reading Swipe (book 1).

Annoying way to make you hate book 3.

I was so irritated quietly reading my dystopia novel and now I am hip deep in Christian literature. I will now officially quit reading. Damn it I was somewhat enjoying the book.
Giselle
Faill.. I read this so long ago and didn't write a review, guess I'll just have to reread it lol
Jennifer Calhoun
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
It really was a worthless read. Plot was murky and introducing Swipe into the plot didn't add, just confused.
Kala D
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: my-series
It was terrible. I strongly dislike it.
Moon Shine Art Spot ~ Lisa
Description

In a future United States under the power of a charismatic leader, everyone gets the Mark at age thirteen. The Mark lets citizen shop, go to school, and even get medical carewithout it, you are on your own. Few refuse to get the Mark. Those who do . . . disappear.

Logan Langly went in to get his Mark, but he backed out at the last minute. Ever since, hes been on the run from government agents and on a quest to find his sister Lily, who disappeared when she went to get her Mark five
Jeremiah
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I would give this series a 6/10 but this book a 6/10

I really enjoy this series, I do enjoy Christian books but normally don't like the in your face ones that are quoting to you every few minutes, but with this series I actually didn't even know it was a Christian series till almost half way through the 1st book, it does a good job of building a dystopian world that actually feels believable for people to live in after what happened.

That being said I do not believe that the characters actions and
Kar Achondo
About the Series: I loved the Swipe series so much! I was like glued to the pages. The entire series has a lot of amazing elements that would keep you intrigued and always wanting to know more. It's originally a dystopian series intended for middle grade and high school kids, but I think it's enjoyable even for adults.
This world is set after several wars and global destruction and it's really futuristic in looks and organization. People in this world have access to a lot of technology and
Kim  Gregory
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish they had half stars on these ratings - LOL! I would give this a 4.5 simply because it didn't grab me like the first stories did.

We go deeper into the stories of each of the character's lives. Our new character is a mystery to me, I'm not sure if he is a good guy or a bad guy until all is finally revealed. The same goes with Logan's sister Lily - who is this girl??? Erin is getting sicker and we need a cure for the Trumpet vaccine that is killing the marked rather than the unmarked.
Courtney Johnson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
CJ
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I had one issue with this installment of the Swipe series. Why was it necessary to add all of the mention and story time on Swipe, book 1. Is this some strange marketing strategy? If a reader is reading the third installment in the series, chances are that they have already read book 1. It makes the whole thing just seem like filler criteria so they book was a certain length. It was distracting and unnecessary.
Lauren
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing and I couldn't put it down.
Daniel Spiegel
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
Spectacular twist at the end, that rivals O'Brien's double-cross in 1984.
Ella Bryant
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like the characters but the story is sloppy
Silas
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is easily my favourite in the series.
Dawn
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow I read the first 3 books in this series and could not read them fast enough!
Tried to read #4 and got through first 3 chapters and stopped.
Not my cup of tea.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Free Books, .99, ...: Storm Giveaway 1 16 May 09, 2013 02:01PM

• The Casquette Girls (The Casquette Girls #1)
  • For the Love of a Dog: Understanding Emotion in You and Your Best Friend
  • Tigers at Twilight (Magic Tree House, #19)
  • Hunter: A Story of the Devastations (The Breeder Cycle Book 4)
  • Vacation Under the Volcano (Magic Tree House, #13)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Beholding and Becoming: The Art of Everyday Worship
  • Criminal (The Breeder Cycle Book 2)
  • Clone (The Breeder Cycle Book 3)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society: Mr. Benedict's Book of Perplexing Puzzles, Elusive Enigmas, and Curious Conundrums
  • Christmas in Camelot (Magic Tree House, #29)
  • Midnight on the Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Hour of the Olympics (Magic Tree House, #16)
  • Twister on Tuesday (Magic Tree House, #23)
  • Breeder (The Breeder Cycle Book 1)
  • Jack: The True Story of Jack and the Beanstalk
  • The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1)
Evan lives without the Mark, evading DOME and writing in the shadows of Beacon.

Swipe is his first book. But if anyone asks, you know nothing about it, and you didn't hear anything from him. Don't make eye contact if you see him. Don't call his name out loud. He's in enough trouble already.

And so are you , if you've read his book.

Swipe (4 books)