Start by marking “Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists” as Want to Read:
Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists

Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists

List-makers rejoice! This quirky and imaginative guided journal is the ultimate tool for creating a unique autobiography entirely in list form. Some lists are obvious (greatest accomplishments, best friends, favorite food), others obscure (guiltiest pleasures, greatest acts of kindness, personal fashion trends), and each list is accompanied by hilarious illustrations.Listo ...more
Published September 20th 2007 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Listography Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Listography Journal

lia
Jul 18, 2008 rated it liked it
This book is for someone who likes lists. I love lists and so, this book appealed to me. It's essentially a blank book, with list titles for you to fill out your own entries. Unfortunately I have made one of these already for myself, that I add new list topics to all the time. My current favorite is a list of things you don't turn your back on (near the top are roasting pine nuts and the ocean). So this book is more for people who don't already have their list ideas worked out or who need sugges ...more
bookyeti
Nov 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, reviewed, for-fun
Paradise for the list enthusiast

Do you have a list for just about everything and anything? Ever had dreams of penning an autobiography? Listography Journal offers a fun alternative to the run-of-the-mill diary. Author Lisa Nola and illustrator Nathaniel Russell have teamed up to create a fun way of recording information about yourself – a veritable life in lists!

The tangible companion to the popular website, Listography.com, the book will get you well on your way to keeping track of life’s big (
Eva
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am someone who has lists for absolutely everything. I list the Bands I've seen live, the countries I've visited, everyone I ever kissed, the amount of money I spend everyday, daily To Do lists, lists of all the books I ever read (this is actually the list I held the longest), lists of movies I have seen and still want to see,… So I'd say from myself that I enjoy making lists way too much!
Now when I discovered this book, I was like "I need this book immediately!". Having it standing in my books
Marcio
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a nice surprise!
At first I thought it would be silly. A book with lots of empty lists... But it turns out this book depends on how you consume it. If you just flip the pages and read it, it won't be fun. But if you actually fill out the lists and stop to think about each topic, it is a great journey through your own life and self. Nice experience!
Sonya
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
As a lifelong list maker, I love the concept of this book; a place to put all of my lists into one, organized place, as opposed to scattered all over the house and written on various types and sizes of paper - so why didn't I think of this? The only drawbacks I can see to this book are that some of the lists either do not pertain to me or don't have enough room on them. The good news is that listography has a web site where you can create your own personalized lists.
Samadhi
Apr 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
This book is me. Lists are my life - really need to purchase a copy.
chrissy
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you love lists, then you will LOVE this book. Each page is a blank page that has a heading at the top and it is your job to fill in rest of the page with, well, a list.

As someone who writes a lot of lists, and enjoys writing them, I liked this book a lot and it really appealed to me. I also found it relaxing.

Bottom line: If you don't like lists, don't get this book, but, if you do like lists, you NEED to get this book and you need to get is ASAP!
emyrose8
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-my-library
An autobiography of your life in list form. Lots of neat list prompts! Some things I’m not sure I’d want my family reading about, but it’d be easy to skip over those.
Glenda Lynne
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm kind of a list maniac, so this book is right in my wheelhouse. It's so much fun, with such a huge variety of topics that it will keep me occupied for a long time, I'm sure. Sometimes I stick with one list, and other times, I skip around from one page to another. The interesting thing is how these lists have stimulated so many forgotten memories and also provided fodder for more detailed projects. In fact, you could do a journal for each list, or write a story for each list! Or they could be ...more
Monica
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Eso es, tu vida mediante listas: grandes miedos, libros favoritos, cosas malas que hiciste cuando eras pequeño, tus mascotas, hogares, recuerdos de las personas con las que has trabajado, personas que más has querido, tus primeras veces...y lo pones tú, cosas que desearías hacer por segunda vez si tuviese ocasión.
No están todos los que son pero sí todos los que están. CUADERNO BASTANTE COMPLETO CON EL QUE DEJAR UNA IDEA DE TU PERSONA MEDIANTE LISTAS MUY GRÁFICAS A TUS SERES QUERIDOS..O TAMBIÉN P
Melanie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
The idea of this book is actually rather interesting: it works almost like a diary. In each page you'll find a theme like "list your favorite songs" or "list your favorite movies" or "list all the places where you lived" and things like that, and all you have to do is fill the pages with things about your life. However, it didn't really work for me, since I have a relatively stagnant life. But for people who live their lives in its fullest, this book may be an interesting for to take notes on th ...more
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I got my husband to get this book for me after days spent ill in bed and I wanted something to do. I'm obsessed with writing lists so thought this would be heaven. It's kind of ok, it is entertaining but it could be so much better and a lot of the list titles are really similar. I haven't finished all the lists yet, I've just done the ones I was interested in, maybe I'll get more out of it when I go back to it.
Elizabeth
Oct 29, 2007 rated it liked it
I saw this at the bookstore this week, and had three observations: 1.) I really liked the weight/material the cover was made with, as well as the cover illustration 2.) I really like the concept of a book where you write your own lists and 3.) I did not particularly like the artwork throughout. Needless to say, I did not buy it : )
Arina
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it
First I bought this journal when I thought it would be fun to list my favorite things about past but after a while I got really bored of it and I thought I'm not a person who would like past as much as I like the future.
Chris
Sep 14, 2011 rated it liked it
The idea for this journal is great, especially if you're able to take any topic and run with it. However, some of the brainstorming topic suggestions are so out there, that not all of my gift recipients were able to have as much fun as I thought with this book.
Janet
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for personal assessment. It allows you to list your travels and explorations and gives ideas for variety within your explorations. Recommend to everyone. It is a continuing project.
Manda
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute book. I am always making lists of all kinds so it was nice to get insight on other's personal lists.
Lynda
Dec 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I liked this so much I gave several as holiday gifts. I love writing. Listmaking has been a favorite of mine for years. So this book was perfect for me.
Hanaa
Feb 18, 2008 marked it as to-read
i want to read this
Meghan
Jun 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book/journal is great for anyone who loves to make lists. There are all sorts of inspiring list titles that really make you think and reflect. Perfect for an introspective moment.
Jessica Bolaños Vanegas
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Love writing lists when my brain is fried after a long day and on the weekends when I can't take work anymore. Try it. You'll love it.
Shayla Kopp
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, favorites
Fun too fill out!
Inga
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stuff
Not really a book of course.
But a lovely pastime if you like making lists and enjoy thinking about things you like or did or want to do.
Kristi
Dec 27, 2009 marked it as to-read
i have seen this at the book store and never remember to pick it up.

a brilliant way to journal!
Emily
Jan 08, 2008 marked it as to-read
Just 'cause I love workbooks. And lists.
Sarah Collins
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who loves writing lists
Shelves: brought-books
You do as exactly as it says, you have a prompt and it can be anything and you write things down that correspond to what that prompt is. It's a fun book.
Anne
Feb 28, 2010

• List Your Self: Listmaking as the Way to Self-Discovery
  • Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes
  • The Happy Book: A Journal to Celebrate What Makes You Happy
  • To-Do List: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us
  • 642 Things to Write About
  • All About Me
  • What I Love about You
  • What I Wore Today
  • 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity (Perigee Book)
  • 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!
  • One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
  • Let's Make Some Great Art
  • I Was Here: A Travel Journal for the Curious Minded (Travel Journal for Women and Men, Travel Journal for Kids, Travel Journal with Prompts)
  • The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder
  • Everything Is Going to Be OK
I have been creating lists for years and I began to notice that most of them were autobiographical in nature. I would often come across a memory, like running into it on the street, and tell myself "I've really got to write that down" before it's gone for good. Making an autobiographical list is somewhat like meditating. You have to still your mind and hone in on a time period and let it recall wh ...more