Start by marking “Dust Angel” as Want to Read:

Dust Angel

Losing her posh advertising job, boyfriend, and apartment all in the same morning has left Corinna with a mess where her life should be. She tries to get things back on track, but with a mountain of red tape between her and unemployment assistance, and a string of disastrous job interviews under her belt, it’s clear that following the rules is getting her nowhere. So she d ...more
Published March 19th 2013 by Amazon Crossing (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dust Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dust Angel

Katy
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of fun mysteries, chick lit, fun stories
Recommended to Katy by: Amazon Vine
Book Info: Genre: Humorous Mystery/Chick Lit
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Those who enjoy a fun story with a realistic female protagonist and lots of humor

My Thoughts: Well, I didn't mean to stay up all night and read the book in one go, but I just could not help myself! Although this is not the sort of book I normally read, Jutta Profijt has a fun and engaging writing style that draws in the reader and holds them captive until the final page. Corinna is a tall, somewhat overweight woman
Izzy
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Have you ever read a book description and been intrigued but unsure? This was one of those books for me, but it was well worth the read.

We join our main character Corinna who has been fired from a job and finds out her boyfriend has been cheating on her. She decides that going into business for herself is the best option after many unsuccessful job interviews. Thus Dust Angels is born her butler service. One thing leads to another and Corinna is driving around with a dead body in her car.

I reall
Ionia
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. This made me laugh from the very first page all the way to the end of the book. If you are searching for something that will brighten your day and remind you that things can always be worse, this is the go to novel.

You can't help but feel sorry for the main character. She begins the book with a nightmarish day and things only get worse from there. What I loved about her as a main character was that she didn't whine and feel sorry for herself, instead she made light of her situ
Kerstin
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
After a bit of a slow start, this was a quick, cute, light, entertaining, quirky and at times funny read.. However, somehow the story of the dead body seems a bit obsolete. While it was the basis for some quirky and grotesques situations, I felt it would have been entertaining enough without it. Particularly, as the end was slightly dissapointing, I expected more of a twist but the whole “dead body” story fell a bit flat at the end and simply fizzled out.
Quartknee
The prose is kind of strange. It might make more sense in German. As it is, I couldn't relate to the main character. She had no real emotion or it was just explained in the same way as the regulations surrounding the set-up of her business. All of the set-ups and payoffs were off as well. She tosses out a flippant reveal way before we even get to the setup so the pacing seemed backward. By the time she discovers the dead body, she already mentioned it twice so that whole thing fell flat. It woul ...more
Sam Wilkinson
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Some of the flaws I suspect were down to some weird translation things. The story itself was alright, if a little cringe-inducing at times. I do want to see CSI Munich though!
Eustacia Tan
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Dust Angel is about Corinna, who, after losing her job and boyfriend in the same day, starts up her own cleaning agency. All is going well until one day, she find a dead body in a client's house. This book isn't a mystery, it's just a humourous account of Corinna trying to deal with the body, and the consequences. And with Murphy's law, the day the body is in the boot is the day that you have interviews and other unexpected events occuring.

What was unique about the book is that it's set in Germa
Chantelle (aka the Blogmonstar)
Dust Angel was great fun. A fun, slightly crazy mystery that grabbed you by the hand and ran, but didn’t get too fast or too far ahead either.

Poor Corinna got into some very awkward situations, but I loved that she handled herself nicely. There were times reading this that I was laughing because I could imagine my own reactions in some of those situations. She is also rather naive for someone who is 31 years old, but that suited her personality and wasn’t odd at all. I liked how Corinna adapted
Gina Arnone
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, mystery
This was a quick easy read, and I loved it. I definitely found this an unique twist of a mystery. I don't know if I would actually classify it as a true mystery, but I am not really sure where I would place it. It definitely wasn't a romance. I really loved how messy everything got before anything got worked out, it felt quite a bit like real life in that aspect. I liked how the book twisted and turned. I used to really dislike book series, but apparently that has changed. I kept think how I cou ...more
Beth
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, humour
This is a remarkably silly story, translated from the German, about a young woman who is retrenched from her job in an advertising agency and loses her boyfriend in one fell swoop.
She then starts her own business thanks to knowing people with incredible talents and also begins a personal transformation.
Just as things are starting to go quite well for her, she gets involved in a possible murder, but for some reason she doesn’t tell the police, which involves her some wacky situations.
She has to
Lisa
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I found the ending of the book oddly unsatisfying, and I felt at times that the book could have been funnier than it was. Still, it was a fun little macabre romp. If you enjoyed the film "Curdled", you'd probably enjoy this book as well. (I'm pretty sure that only about two people have seen the film "Curdled", though, so I'm not entirely sure how helpful that reference is.)

As an aside, I would give the translator five stars, as he really did a fabulous job. The book felt very German, but none of
Dio Derbyshire
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a total chick book. The heroine finds herself dumped and fired on the same day. She discovers her boyfriend has a new woman when she gets home early after getting fired. He quickly informs her the new woman is moving in and she'll probably want to move out. It's a fun, light read with funny moments, entertaining characters, and a mystery of sorts. Of course the heroine ends up losing weight, getting a makeover, getting all full of girl power, and finding interest in a new beau, eventuall ...more
Kathy
May 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I got this on an Amazon $.99 deal and picked it because it was 1) romance and 2) took place in Dusseldorf and I was heading to Germany (though not Dusseldorf).

It was your pretty standard fare. Chubby, mousey girl gets dumped by her glamorous boyfriend and downsized from her job then goes on to lose weight, get a makeover and build a successful life. The only non-standard part of the story is how she ends up with a dead body in her trunk.

Nothing too exciting but I don't feel dumber for reading it
Cheryl
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a good. story all around. I enjoyed the premise of it and the basic storyline. I struggled thru the middle parts of the book where Corinna was in a class to learn to be more professional and dress the part, but it was also ok. i really liked how all the character developement went in this story and i thought it really rounded out the entire book.
i would like to read more of this authors stories in the future because i think she does a good job at story telling!
Melissa
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dust Angel

More laughing over odd situations! I love this author's humor!! The mystery mingled with the bungling to a point where I figured it was lost, but it wasn't. Everything worked out to a satisfying conclusion and I am very sad there are no more! I want to be off to book 2!!
Pamela
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixed feelings

I felt that this book had much more description than was desirable and the "foreshadowing" was heavy-handed and obvious. I feel like I could have read the book description and then skipped to the second third of part two without missing much. I almost gave this two stars, except that the writing style and the characters were enough to make it ok.
Kathleen
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it
While this was good enough to finish, I can't get over the main character's obsession with her ex-boyfriend. I won't ruin anything for anyone who decides to read this book, but if you're of the same mind as I then you will, no dount, be annoyed by this as well.
Marian
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I'd love to give this 3.5 stars… although this book is fairly predictable, it's fun and funny anyway. I enjoyed reading about Germans in Germany, the humor was good, some creative characters/situations. The writing/translating is also quite good.
Ross Homer
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-book
I am hoping and praying that this is a new series. I love her Morgue Drawer series and this one shapes up to be just as cleverly written and plotted. I see that she's kept the same translator throughout and that is a definite plus. Gimme more!!
S.
May 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dutchess
depressing work about an ad executive who loses her job and must resort to starting a cleaning business. narrator does not discover her dark side, does not move into drug-dealing, no ruthless exploitation of foreigners :(
Swordfish
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, it had a nice feel-good factor to it and a couple of twists in the plot for interest. An enjoyable read, good for when you don't want anything too challenging to read and want some light entertainment.
Ann
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a cute cozy mystery taking place in Germany. Coffins starts her own cleaning business after losing her job and boyfriend all in one day. One of her first cleaning job involves finding a dead body. Great story.
Anne
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute story. It was translated into English and some of the humor might not have translated as well as hoped. But it was cute with a satisfying ending. I also learned a new word that was used a lot: ennui. I'll try not to over use it!
Elizabeth Bailey
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious book. Absolutely wonderful read, tumbling over itself from start to finish. I could not believe the things that happen to the heroine! I love Jutta Profijt's novels, and this one certainly did not disappoint!
Rebecca Taylor
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting book. Ending was not at all what I had expected but in a good way. A fun book. A lighter read than the Morgue Drawer series this author has written.
Glinda Harrison
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, translated
Quick, enjoyable read. I read this because I enjoyed the Morgue Drawer series by the author.
Kanella
May 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-ebooks
Okay read. Parts funny but I was ready for the story to end.
Louise Grant
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not the best book I have read, but still worth a read.
Sarah Wholey
Jun 03, 2013 rated it liked it
a light farce, quick read.
Coral Christenson
Totally new idea-

I greatly enjoyed this book. It gave me a look into another culture, an interesting career choice, with some mystery and romance added for some spice.

• The Dog Walker's Diary
  • Dread on Arrival (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #17)
  • The Hating Game
  • Marianne, the Matchbox and the Malachite Mouse (Marianne, #3)
  • Stone Maidens
  • The Child
  • Start Shooting
  • The Dead Man Vol 1 (Face of Evil, Ring of Knives, Heaven In Hell): 1-3 (Dead Man Series)
  • The Countertenor Wore Garlic (The Liturgical Mystery #9)
  • The Miss Firecracker Contest
  • Funscreen
  • Drop the Pink Elephant: 15 Ways to Say What You Mean... and Mean What You Say
  • The Girl Behind the Glass
  • Fiction Can Be Murder (Mystery Writer's Mystery, #1)
  • The Next Right Thing
  • The Tenth Case (Jaywalker, #1)
  • Lost and Found
  • Rachesommer (Walter Pulaski, #1)
Jutta Profijt is a crime novelist and translator.

Author photo (c)Doris Seffern, used with permission.
“letter as a mirror image—then you’ll come across as interesting,” Troll” 0 likes