Start by marking “Not Tonight Dear, I Feel Fat: How to Stop Worrying about Your Body and Have Great Sex” as Want to Read:

"A must-read for women even if they're one of the lucky ones with no pressing body image issues, and couples who want to strengthen their relationships or just have more fun in bed." -- Sex tips for women, Lifebytes books

Is Your Body Image Getting In The Way Of Intimacy And Desire?
Fifty percent of women put off sex--even when they're in the mood--because they feel too fa
Published May 7th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Not Tonight Dear, I Feel Fat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Tonight Dear, I Feel Fat

Deidre Smith
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to read this book because as of late I have been experiencing trouble enjoying sex the way I used because of body image and self consciousness. There were some great tips and honestly for me they were reminders of things I already knew. I’m an overthinker and it was nice to get some tips on how to take your mind off of yourself and your body and focus on creating special moments with your partner.
Catherine
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book: compassionate, funny, meaningful and actionable. With that said, the author forgot to include a significant basic fact about most women. Most women’s shame is the effect of having been sexually traumatized in addition to the subtle and not so subtle societal messaging about appearance and worth.
Anne
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is based on actual research on body esteem, what sexually attracts men, etc. The book is written clearly and with some humor in between. It contains exercises and examples aplenty. The last chapter summarizes all the points. This book assumes that the woman reading this has both bad body esteem and a low sex frequency, but even if the frequency is not the issue, this book can be very helpful. I'm not sure many men would do the exercises in the "male chapter" of the book (some of them m ...more
Glynis Reads
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Every women needs to read this book. There is a little something for every one of us. Wish I had it 35 years ago. When I was younger and bombarded by media images that made me feel un beautiful, lovable and worthy. A lot of advice and general words of acceptance about ourselves. Loved the show Sex Inspectors. "Sex is the reward for being Human". Best 6.49 I have spent on a book.
Christina
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
What I liked about it was that it reminded me to get out of my own head. The section for partners was a nice touch but I haven't used it yet. Definitely recommend for any woman that feels like she's lost her groove.
Glanard
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Humorous book with some good advice

The author said some things I needed to hear. Time will tell whether his advice holds weight (pardon the pun). I appreciated his liberal use of comedy to get his point across in a pleasing and memorable way.
Stephanie Larocque
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was helpful. Good information, not too cheesy. I liked that there was a section for both partners.
Jennifer Jaenke
Nov 28, 2014
Barb
May 10, 2018
Michael Alvear
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Dec 11, 2015