Start by marking “Making His Mark” as Want to Read:
Making His Mark

Making His Mark

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  264 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
One kiss is all it took for Alexis Catori’s world to turn upside down. One kiss with a man she thinks can help her move beyond her past.

Bo Nantan has one rule when it comes to tattooing: he refuses to ink his friends. Until Alexis asks him to do her work.

Bo tries to refuse, but decides maybe there is a compromise that will work. Together they discover their compromise is
Published January 8th 2013 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Making His Mark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making His Mark

A. Bookzilla.
Jan 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
I actually finished this book.
SPOILERS AHEAD, SO BEWARE.

Alexis and Bo have this love/hate relationship, but deep down they care about each other more than they're ready to admit. But that's unimportant.

Alexis wants a tattoo, I guess to signify a new beginning or something, I didn't really get it.
Bo is a tattoo artist, and he refuses to do it, telling her that he doesn't tattoo his friends (this is important information, but more about that later).
Bo is LIEK the best ever tattoo artist and she re
Kala
Jan 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
Also posted on my blog at:
Kala's Book Blog

The cover of this book is pretty much the only thing good about it. I struggled to finish it and have put it aside many times to read other things. I don't even know WHY I finished it. I used to think I had to finish every book I started and I've wasted so much time reading things that I hate. I always try to at least get halfway before putting it down and I should have done that here.

Making His Mark starts off dull and continues that way. For the entire
Sara
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was just ok for me. It started out good and interesting but fizzled. There was definite sexual tension between Bo and Alexis that they tried to fight, and fight they did. When they finally hooked up, it was over too quickly for me. Alexis was kind of a nut job, dramatic, and some of it was annoying. She would overreact. She had a conversation with Sarah that made no sense to me. Wound up reading it over and i still was off. Overall I felt like she was a drama queen who needed a IV drip of m ...more
Francesca
Jan 09, 2013 marked it as could-not-finish
I can't get into this. Alexis is annoying and pissing me off. I thought she and Bo were supposed to not like each other. But within the first few chapters, they are suddenly hooking up. Seemed a bit too fast for me - I would have liked to have seen more build up to that. And their arguments are ridiculous.

I'm getting a little burnt out on adult contemporaries so that could have some influence on my opinion of this. Either way, I'm going to hold-off on finshing this - may come back to it at a la
Darcy
May 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, e-book, romance
I think that I would have liked this one better if Bo and Alexis had fought for the whole damn book. I also had a hard time buying into their romance as they hated each other at the start. I also didn't like how each of them talked to their mutual friends every time they fought trying to get them on their side.
Carly (Lis les Livres)
Jan 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Author Interview: http://lisleslivres.blogspot.com/2013...

Characters:

Alexis: She is more outgoing, being friends with a bunch of guys. She puts up a facade, but she's actually very sensitive. The trait that I like about her a lot is her kindness, not just to Bo, but everyone. She's an elementary school teacher, which tells you a little something about her patient personality.
Bo: Bo definitely has his moments of being sweet, but he acts really dumb sometim
Vi (the Vi3tBabe)
Making His Mark definitely intrigued me and presented itself with a lot of potential. I’ve been on a romance kick lately, but I keep telling you all that even though I love the romance, there HAS TO BE a decent plot for me to call it a great book. While this one was interesting enough, the plot itself was a bit lacking and I didn’t really get the seriousness of it all. While I will say that I did like the book and that it had fun moments here and there, it wasn’t what I was hoping for at all.

The
Erica
Jan 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved the romance, but the plot just didn't do it for me at times. The fact that the motivation of the majority of the plot was based around Alexis wanting Bo to do her tattoo wasn't enough for me. The romance and sexual tension between Alexis and Bo is pretty hot.

There was also some really random details that were never fully explained. Like Alexis dances at powwows and it is brought up several times, but nothing actually comes of it.

I also had some issues with pacing. Some things seemed to
Cynthia
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Let's start with the cover... super sexy right? And now look at the blurb... yup sounds good, uh?

Making His Mark is a fast read with very few slow moments. While I enjoyed the fast pace of the book sometimes it felt a bit rushed. I'd have like a bit more of tension between Alexis and Bo.

The writing is great, the banter between Alexis and the boys, Travis and Matt, was really fun to read. The pointless arguments between her and Bo was something I liked about the book. I say pointless because, t
Melly
2.5 Stars

I have mixed feelings about Making His Mark. There were several parts that I liked, but Alexis kinda killed it for me. She's annoying and way too dramatic. I don't know of any man that would be willing to put up with a woman like that. The relationship between Bo and Alexis felt a little too one-sided. To me, it seemed like he was the one making all of the compromises and always the one to try and make up after a fight. Oh, and fighting? Yeah, that's ALL they do. Fight and then have rea
Meredith
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the book. It didn't pull me in very deeply but it was a good plot. I liked how Bo and Alexis had their own insecurities with their pasts to overcome and that they finally trusted each other to do so together. I liked how they hated each other at the beginning. I think it made their relationship all the more special. Had a few misspelled words here and there but, dispite that, it was a pretty good read.
Lea (Between fantasy and reality)
Between fantasy and reality

This book was a pleasant read. A nice little romance story with two very confusing and frustrating characters who fall for each other. Sometimes the storyline was confusing and a litlle predictable but it was still an enjoyable read, a book to let all your troubles away and to relax. The romance was steamy and interesting, the writing okay, and all in all it was a good debut.
Vanessa
The storyplot was promising but, as it turns out... not. The story was rushed, the characters at best unconsistant(at worst totally irrational). And the book is in serious need of editing. Too bad but it really wasn't for me...
Tia
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Personally I didn't really care for this novel. There was nothing about it that really pulled me in and held onto my interest. I found a lot of parts too slow for my liking which caused me to be bored.
Brooke Bailey
Jan 28, 2013 added it
Shelves: love
LOVE LOVE LOVED IT
Claire
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-kindle, fiction
A really nice little story. The firey tempterment between Bo and Lex made for some good scenes. Great first book. Look forward to Jennahs next.
Christina Johnson
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
LOVE IT.
Dori
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Boring... Story line was blah! Wasn't worth the $5!
Kristy
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This book has had do many ups and downs I couldn't keep up. Lexi had so many mood swings it reminded me of being in high school.
Deeana Galindo
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it
it was a good book, I loved the hate/love relationship of bo and lexi.
Cristal Jatip
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
It had potential but it was repetitive. When it finally got to their big secrets I was disappointed that the secrets were really nothing.
Carol-Ann
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book loved the story & the characters well-written first book I've read by this author will be reading more of her work!
Julz
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
So I'm mixed on this one. Good storyline a little flat in the middle, but enjoyed.
Monica Tovar
Mar 09, 2013
Barbara Gilpin
Feb 26, 2013
  • White & Black
  • Never Enough (Enough #1)
  • Twist of Fate
  • Love and Relativity (Preservation)
  • The Darkest of Shadows
  • Loving Sofia
  • Tempted (The Dark Hart Chronicles, #1)
  • Forged
  • Forever Love (Now & Forever, #3)
  • The Right Kind of Love (Blue Hearts Series Book One)
  • Bridge (Shade, #2.5)
  • Identity (Miss Taken Identity #2)
  • Falling for Summer (Donovan Brothers #1) (Loving Summer, #2)
  • Secret Storm (College Romance, #2)
  • Trust in Me (Friends & Lovers, #3)
  • Savagery
  • Jules, the Bounty Hunter
  • Cipher (Cipher, #1)
Born and raised in Texas, Jennah is a transplant to Missouri long enough ago she should probably consider that her hometown. But she will forever be a Texan. She loves to write any story that will make a reader smile, laugh, and maybe even cry (although you won't ever hear her admit that she cries). Whether the next story she writes is contemporary, urban fantasy, LGBT, or whatever other crazy ide ...more
More about Jennah Scott