Start by marking “The Locket's Secret” as Want to Read:
The Locket's Secret

The Locket's Secret

Caught living in a world between fantasy and reality, Carrie, a 13-year-old homeschooled girl, struggles to make sense of loss and new beginnings, seeking comfort in a heart-shaped locket with a secret. "Themes include: family, fantasy, and grief.""
Published April 25th 2013 by Pauline Books & Media (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Locket's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Locket's Secret

Start your review of The Locket's Secret
Leslea Wahl
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

"The Locket’s Secret" is a sweet yet powerful story about dealing with tragedy. This wonderful book for middle-grade students focuses on the importance of family. The story follows Carrie as she and her family are moving across the country to a new home. This homeschooled teen is having a hard time dealing with leaving her home and friends, as well as the recent tragic loss of a younger sister. Her coping mechanism is to withdraw into an imaginary world to help manage the grief.
I thought this
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Genevieve
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I really liked this book I felt like I some how related to her but I don't not really.
this is my third time reading it.
Gabri Alessandrini
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ok, so my older sister read the book first and told me how SAD it was. So then I read it and the whole time I was reading it she was asking me if I was at the "sad part" yet. she kept distracting me and I could totally be in the book so I didn't think it was that sad. lol but the 2nd time I read it I think I might have cried?... maybe I don't remember. But this book is a good catholic book but its not super catholic-y. The 1st time I read it I hated when she was daydreaming. But the next time I ...more
Peter Mongeau
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thirteen-year-old Carrie has just lost her sister, her mother is pregnant and her dad’s job just took the whole family to another state. At first she withdraws from her parents, brothers and other homeschoolers in an attempt to cope. But there’s something that helps Carrie a lot more: her story. She imagines it in her quieter moments; a medieval tale about a princess named Caritas (which is Carrie’s full name).

Read more: http://catholicfiction.net/book-revie...
Christina  Costain
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-fiction, i-own
A really lovely book for girls that addresses some rather tough subjects- dealing with grief, moving, family changes.
It was beautiful to see how K. Kelley Howe incorporated the character's faith into how they dealt with these tough issues.
I enjoyed the sub-story of Carrie's daydreams And how they helped her cope with all that was going on in her world.
Great book that I would recommend to friends with pre-teen/teen girls.
Meredith
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ashley Reif
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love this book! There are hardly any words to describe how good it is! in some ways it reminds me of my brother that I lost. the emotions are very good in this book. it is just wonderful! I highly recommend it.
Mary Pace
If you've ever spent time daydreaming, and then realizing you need to wake up to the reality of things around you... I recommend this book.
Gabi Mayfield
Jun 08, 2016
LeAnn L. Abreu
Feb 20, 2016

• The Perfect Blindside
  • よつばと! 14 (Yotsuba&!, #14)
  • The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
  • Anything But Okay
  • Find Me (Call Me By Your Name, #2)
  • A Room Of My Own
  • St. Philomena: The Story of a Stubborn Little Princess
  • A Wilder Rose
  • A Single Bead
  • Saint Magnus The Last Viking
  • Frozen Footprints
  • After the Thaw (Frozen Footprints Book 2)
  • A Soldier Surrenders: The Conversion of Saint Camillus de Lellis
  • Under A Changing Moon
  • St. Theresa, the Little Flower
  • Catherine of Siena: A Biography
  • St. Rita of Cascia: Saint of the Impossible
  • Anne: The Life of Venerable Anne de Guigné (1911-1922)