Start by marking “Oz: Into the Wild (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4, #5)” as Want to Read:
Oz: Into the Wild (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4, #5)

Oz: Into the Wild (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4 #5)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  451 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF Bitten by his werewolf cousin Jordy, Oz has struggled with the forces of evil that transform him to a beast three nights of each month. Those who care about him have learned to deal with his alter ego and accept him for who he is. But Oz himself isn't sure who he really is. Part human, part dangerous animal, he must constantly question his basic natur ...more
Published April 30th 2002 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Oz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oz

Craig
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oz was one of the best Buffy characters... everybody wanted to be cool and unflappable like Oz. This book is a well written account of his post-Sunnydale journeys, spiritual and physical, and his brief and bittersweet return.
Jim C
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book that is based on the series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Do you remember during the fourth season when Oz left Willow so he can learn to control his curse of being a werewolf? This is the story of his side adventure.

This book pleasantly surprised me as I wasn't sure if the character Oz could carry his own novel. I like his character but on the show he wasn't the most talkative and how would this character be carried over into print form. The author did a good job with the character. As of
Miia
Apr 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad at all for a spin-off book. The story takes place during season four of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and sees werewolf Oz leave Sunnydale to find a way to control the wolf inside him. Oz was always one of my favourite characters in the series and, as we never got to know much about him, it was nice to read a book that's all about him. Golden does a good job describing the different locations, and his depiction of Oz rings true. A good, quick read.
Rachel
Jun 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Oz fans
Shelves: buffy-books
Logan England
Dec 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this, book, even reading it now years after the series ended. It was bittersweet, though, seeing what Oz finds when he returns to Sunnydale after all he goes through in the book. It was an incredibly quick read, but kept me busy on a rainy boring Sunday.
Randy
May 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was 100% about Oz. I don't think Buffy or the others even had any dialogue in the book and are rarely mentioned. While I like Oz I didn't think he'd carry a book by himself, but the author did a good job with it. Good read for the Buffyverse.
Adam
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best Buffy novels out there. The story of Oz' journey after he left in Season 4 is better than I expected. There are some great new supporting characters, and a surprising old face. It's great insight into how Oz learned to control his Werewolf powers.
Jul 28, 2011 rated it liked it
The story was good, but I don't know why they made a novelization of a comic book story when the comic was frankly better. The story just works better with pictures.
Melissa Maillet
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many questions answered, I love Oz even more. <3
 Marla
Oz was one of my favorite characters in the Buffy TV series. I always wondered where he went and what happened when he left, but I missed the other characters in this book.
Philidine
À réserver aux fans qui veulent savoir ce qu’a fait Oz durant son absence. Christopher Golden écrit bien mieux d’ordinaire.
Tia
Mar 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorite Buffy books. It tells a great alt story of what happened to Oz during his time away from Sunnydale.
Anne
Sep 05, 2012
Lauren
Dec 24, 2015
Aug 15, 2015
  • Mortal Fear (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #3)
  • Crossings (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #5)
  • Paleo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #5)
  • Blood and Fog (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 6, #3)
  • Resurrecting Ravana (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #13)
  • Doomsday Deck (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #8)
  • The Cordelia Collection (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #12)
  • Return to Chaos (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #17)
  • Door to Alternity (Unseen Trilogy, #2)
  • Apocalypse Memories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #2)
  • Power of Persuasion (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #12)
  • These Our Actors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #1)
  • Blackout (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • Here Be Monsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #22)
  • The Faith Trials (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #10)
Christopher Golden is the award-winning, bestselling author of such novels as The Myth Hunters, Wildwood Road, The Boys Are Back in Town, The Ferryman, Strangewood, Of Saints and Shadows, and (with Tim Lebbon) Mind the Gap. Golden co-wrote the lavishly illustrated novel Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire with Mike Mignola, which they are currently scripting as a feature film ...more
More about Christopher Golden...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4 (8 books)
  • Prophecies (The Lost Slayer, #1)
  • Dark Times (The Lost Slayer, #2)
  • King of the Dead (The Lost Slayer, #3)
  • Original Sins (The Lost Slayer, #4)
  • The Burning (Unseen Trilogy, #1)
  • Door to Alternity (Unseen Trilogy, #2)
  • Long Way Home (Unseen Trilogy, #3)