Start by marking “The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)

The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke

(Boscastle #6)

Adrian Ruxley may be a ruggedly charming rogue, but he’s not a man to stand idly by while a lady is accosted–even at a wedding organized by the lady herself, Emma Boscastle, instructress in the social graces at her London academy for young gentlewomen. Adrian confronts the offender, a scuffle ensues, and now this smooth-talking heir is left to recuperate under Emma’s very ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 345 pages
Published July 31st 2007 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke

Desi
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
leído en Marzo 2013

Me gustó!!

Los Diabólicos Placeres de un Duque

Arguemento:
Adrian Ruxley podrá ser un encantador libertino que hechiza hasta las moscas, pero no es un hombre dado a permanecer quieto mientras una dama es acosada, ni siquiera en una boda organizada por la dama en cuestión, Emma Boscastle, profesora de buenos modales en su academia de Londres para jóvenes damas. Adrian se enfrenta al ofensor, se produce un altercado, y ahora este adulador se encuentra recuperándose bajo el techo de
Laura V.
¡Emma, qué manera de romper años y años de decoro y buen comportamiento!

Me encantó porque con los Boscastle siempre hay una sonrisa asegurada. Emma, la máxima figura del buen comportamiento, cae totalmente derretida a los pies del pícaro diablillo de Adrian y no hay forma de deternerlos. ¿O sí? Diversión asegurada con los demonios Boscastle tratando de cuidar de su hermana mayor y detener un escándalo ¿o provocar uno?

Es una trama super sencilla, no tienen ni un problema de pareja, ninguna dificu
Juliewheatcox.Net
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This one did not have the spark that the previous in the series had. Even though Emma was a stickler for following society's rules, it would have spiced up the story if she had loosened up at least within the confines of the family.
Swee
Oct 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I found this rather dull. The writing seemed a tad affected—liberal use of complicated words where simpler synonyms would have done a better job—the hero and heroine were boring, etc. Just not my cup of tea.
Silvia
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
so far the best Boscastle book.
Miriamgreen
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
the wit and banter did not make up for the surface of the narrative
like a sack race, it hopped and created laughter, but fell down before the finish
and if there is one thing i dislike it is a book ending in sexual act
gads, all the loose ends
tried reading another of the boscastles but didn't finish
i love the comment of one women on a book she wished had more smut
that is the problem with all these new recycled plots of regency romance
without historical detail, manual of seduction all the same, lik
Clarissa
Nov 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Reading this book is like reading while on cold medicine, only I'm not. Is it art? I don't think so - looks like it's just a rush job, an author's notes and a few intact scenes, published with a minimum of polish.
Sue
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, romance
I didn't believe the romance. At all. And that's a pretty big miss for a romance novel. I think that my "2" rating is generous.
Heidi Brundert
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Story, liked it very much.
Sofia Currin
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is actually my favorite Boscastle book. Emma and Adrian are absolutely adorable and I adore their courtship. I do however wish there was more smut.
Alice
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
So far my favorite in the series.
Cs
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
The only thing I have to say about this book is that they kept referring to the hero as the Duke, however, his father was still alive the entire book meaning he was NOT the Duke.
Stephanie Burkhart
Jun 10, 2009 rated it really liked it

Hunter weaves a tale of romantic abandon with “The Devilish Pleasure of a Duke.” Emma Boscastle, the dainty dictator of the Boscastle family, thought she’d never get married again until she meets Adrian Ruxley, a charming rake. The last of the Boscastle sibling series, the book pulls the entire Boscastle clan together in their quest to help Emma find love.

The book opens with Emma attending a wedding. When she spies Viscount Wolverton, Adrian Ruxley, trying to sneak comfits off the cake, she conf
Jody
Oct 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Sophie [at] Book Suburbia
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
How i loved this book. Emma Boscastle is what i would call a "proper nice". You learn about her thru all the previous Boscastle books and u find really hard NOT to like her... She has all the best elements a woman character needs to be complete, and with a match like Adrian, i think she could not be placed in a higher rank. I love how her brothers act towards Adrian. It kinda remind me my own brothers in high school....lol. But i must say tho, that 3/4 towards the end, i felt as she wanted to fi ...more
Abby
Apr 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
So excited to get Adrien's story -- and Emma is the perfect foil. They are the epitome of that couple who is so perfectly implausible that they're perfectly right. Emma "the Dainty Dictator" Boscastle gets the tables turned on her by her family as she enters into a steamy affair with Adrien. I also liked how the language changed in the sex scenes: more rough and crass than the usual flowery euphemisms. That just wouldn't have cut it for the passion Emma and Adrien shared.

We also get a little mor
Kit
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
After the last two Boscastle books were so so, Emma's story was especially delightful. Reminiscent of other family series where one sibling is the straight laced slightly imperious one-it's Emma for the Boscastles. She is widowed and lives to care for others. Here comes Adrian (who we met in Chloe's story) and he is all things that she in not. Adrian is so much fun to read as he woos Emma and figures out a way to see her when at every turn the Boscastle Brothers interfere. It's the women of the ...more
Jessi
Emma Bocastle is a proper woman, especially since she's trying to live down and control her infamous family. However, at a wedding, her current flame accosts her and she is saved by Adrian Ruxley who is then injured. He is attracted to the prim widow and welcomes the chance to be closer to her (though he wishes he wasn't so injured. Neither thinks they want anything more than an affair but circumstances (aka their families, hers being overprotective and his father (a duke) wanting to acknowledge ...more
JennB
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
There were flashes of a good story in this, but they were drowned out by all the cheesy bodice ripper stereotypes (seriously, at one point he ripped her bodice off). I'm all for some physical expressions of loving but turgid penis, engorged penis and weeping clefts...no, just no.
In the end, I couldn't read this all in one go and finished it with hopes that I there would be more substance as it went on...nope.
Bekah
3.75 (and only because I'm stingy.)
Jillian Hunter is in my top three of historical romance authors, and this book vies for my favorite of the Boscastle series. The contrast between buttoned-up Emma and the dashingly irreverent Adrian is adorable. Reading Emma's story offered an as yet unseen depth to her character, and the book introduces several friends that are revisited in future books as well.
Best part: the banter between Adrian and Emma. or Emma and Harriet. Or anyone and Hermia.
Luvmyfamily
Aug 11, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked the story. I didn't really like Emma but I already knew she would annoy me. Her concerns (those that were important at that time) are very trivial. I also can't stand to put up fronts of being polite to someone to their face and hating them behind their backs even if both parties are doing it.
Rachel Rogers
Jul 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Nice to see Emma out of her stuffy shell. I was pleased that my character-detector was working. Back in Chloe's story when we met Adrian I thought he would match up with Emma, and here I am correct. Interesting to see the devilish brother switch from rogues and rakes to protective guardians (while still being rakes).
Melissa
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-reads
Emma's story (finally) and it brings back Adrian from book 2. I find Emma's finishing school quite interesting (although, not her inclusion of a charity case who clearly doesn't want to be there except as a way to further the plot).

At this point, the series goes on to a few cousins, etc., but for now I'm good with the six books about the original Boscastle siblings).
Chris Bails
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was another great book in this series. This is a story about the matriach finding someone. Adrian is a gorgeous man and trouble. This is another great love story about 2 people not looking for anything but finding great love. If you like the Boscastle family, you will love this book.
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it
What can be better than a handsome rake chasing after a prim and proper etiquette teacher who is known for her propriety. Emma's a little too proper, and the myriad references to this character trait of hers gets annoying. Just get with the rake already!
Barbra
Nov 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I loved this story, it involved all the things you want when you read a historical. Emma the "dainty dictator" of the Boscastle family and who is loved and watched over by her brothers was deserving of this really cute story.
Maggie Hesseling
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I love the Bocastles. However, this novel wasn't as good as some of its predecessors in the series. I really like Emma and Adrian is a brilliant character, but I was slightly disappointed by the story. That being said, the series is still really good and I'd recommend it to anyone.
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full of passion and laughs, I drank in this story, disappointed only by the lack of outside conflict.
Hollie
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
LOVED it
Joan
Jun 16, 2008 rated it liked it
vacation book
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)
  • The Prince's Bride (Effingtons, #4)
  • Before the Scandal (Notorious Gentlemen, #2)
  • One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)
  • Till Dawn with the Devil (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • Notorious Rake, Innocent Lady (Ramsden Brothers, #1)
  • The Wedding Challenge
  • The Kiss (Widows Club, #2)
  • Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5)
  • Secrets of Surrender (Rothwell #3)
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.

Boscastle (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • Wicked as Sin (Boscastle, #7)
  • A Wicked Lord at the Wedding (Boscastle, #8)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • A Duke's Temptation (Boscastle #10; The Bridal Pleasures #1)
  • A Bride Unveiled (Boscastle #11; The Bridal Pleasures #2)
“Heath slid two fingers beneath Adrian’s white neckcloth to feel his pulse. “In that case, I can state with complete confidence that he shall be all right.”
“Then why isn’t he moving?” she asked in a distraught voice.
Heath smiled. “Ask him.”
She looked down into a pair of hazel eyes smoldering with unholy mirth. Adrian’s lean cheek pressed into the curve of her breast.
A wolf, indeed.”