Start by marking “All Through The Night” as Want to Read:
All Through The Night

All Through The Night (Alvirah and Willy #3)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  6,465 Ratings  ·  243 Reviews
"A desperate mother. Her missing child. A stolen chalice." With "Silent Night", Mary Higgins Clark, America's own Queen of Suspense, gave her readers their best Christmas present ever.

Now, with "All Through the Night", she once again celebrates the Christmas season with a tale of suspense that will keep readers turning the pages-- all through the night.

At the center of the
Published (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about All Through The Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Through The Night

Vi~Inkvotary
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, hc, i-o-a-c, bp
Inkvotary

A nice and lovely christmas story. Alvirah is smart and wonderful as ever and her way to solve problems really charming. And Stellina is a beautiful girl.
Mary Higgins Clark wrote this novel in a nice, soft tone and used her style she became famous for. Decent, with some little action but no blood or other things like that. Stellina is such a cutie. She loves her Nonna very much and feels by instinct that her father isnt really a good guy.

If you like to read such stories around Christ
Li'l Owl
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is a very nice, cozy mystery. I really enjoyed the lighthearted Christmas theme. It doesn't take very long to read it, which is nice. It only took me a couple of hours to read, once I actually had time to sit down! I had a feeling I knew how it would end, but it didn't take away from the story. =o)
Jan
Dec 03, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, own-copy
This book was a gift from a dear friend; I would never have bought it for myself. While I enjoyed Mary Higgins Clark many, many years ago, her sappy, HEA, light-hearted stories are not my usual fare. They are, however, great mind candy and fulfill the need too read a Christmas book. I didn't warm to Alvirah's character for some reason, although I think she and her husband, Wally, are clearly a devoted couple and Wally suffers his wife's intrusion into anything she considers a mystery. The sunbur ...more
Gabriela
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
Another cute and short Christmas story by Mary Higgins Clark. I am a big fan of her mystery novels and it's always so great to find her short stories to pass the time between reads (or to complete reading goals at the end of the year lol). A good recommendation for Christmas time!
Amy
Jan 15, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think this type of book is why I stopped reading Mary Higgins Clark...It was so cheesy!!
Debbie
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great little Christmas story. Mary Higgins Clark always nails it.
Leah
Dec 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All ages who enjoy uber sweet stories
From my review on Unleash the Flying Monkeys!

A sweet holiday tale that may prove too predictable and lighthearted for hardcore fans of the thriller-mystery genre or Higgins Clark’s previous novels.

What I Liked Most

All Through the Night had a solid beginning and ending; there were questions for which I wanted answers. I’ll admit I even teared up a bit at the end. There was a positive vibe that warmed my heart which, as a Christmas story, it was probably meant to do.

What I Liked Least

During my tee
Tony
May 23, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark- All Through the Night (Simon & Schuster 1998) 2.5 Stars

This was my first Mary Higgins Clark novel and I have to say that I was not overly impressed. I will be trying other novels by her in the future, but they had better be a more enjoyable mystery than this one. The cover said, ‘suspense story’, but it was not in the least bit suspenseful. A musician gives up her baby to pursue her career, leaving it on the church doorstep. At the same time a young kid is robbing the ch
LuAnn
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
In some circles, this book would be considered a novella because of the length, but don’t let that fool you. This is a complete story that will equal any book of twice as many pages.
Alvirah Meehan is back to use her amateur sleuth skills to solve yet another mystery. This time, it begins when a baby is left at the doorstep of a church and the thief who is there to steal a treasured chalice takes the newborn home with him. He raises the girl as his own, but years later, the mother returns and tri
Toni Osborne
Feb 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found this story slow, boring, and very predictable; the ending is evident from the start. I occasionally read Miss Higgins books but this one I have to admit should have stayed at the book store.
Ashlee
Dec 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
hidefan
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
La Estrella Robada es un relato corto de Mary Higgins Clark que está protagonizado por uno de sus personajes habituales, la detective aficionada Alvirah Meehan junto a su marido Willy.

En esta ocasión no encontramos ningún asesinato, sino que el misterio, o misterios porque son dos, van por otros derroteros. Por un lado, Alvirah intenta echar una mano a una amiga que acaba de heredar la casa de su hermana y planea dejársela a la cuñada de Willy, que es monja, para utilizarla como centro social pa
Shalet Jimmy
All through the night – Mary Higgins Clark

It was a winter night. Christmas is round the corner and it's the night she decided to abandon her infant, neverthless to say, with a heavy heart. She was just 18 years old. With no other alternative left, she decided to leave her baby at St.Clement's rectory. She wanted the baby to grow in New York with a lovely family. She loved the place and was wanting to come back once she could stand on her own feet.

Her plan was to leave the baby and then alert the
Kimberly
Absolutely loved this diamond of a Christmas book. Ive read this one twice, with many years between both reads and reading it the second time felt familiar but completely new. A good book can do that.
This book had two situations going on throughout. One a forged will and two an infant left in a paper bag outside of a Rectory.
I really enjoyed this and it added lots of joy to my already full heart of Christmas spirit.
Lybo Buchanan
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
An Alvirah & Willy mystery revolving around a precious stolen church chalice & a newborn left on the steps of the church.
Carol
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. Quick read. Kept my interest.
Linda
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book, I enjoyed it and I LOVED the ending!!
Chris
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ill
My disappointment might have been becuase it was abridge but there was no suspense at all.

THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

The cover said, ‘suspense story’, but it was not in the least bit suspenseful. A musician gives up her baby to pursue her career, leaving it on the church doorstep. At the same time a young kid is robbing the church and grabs
Marty
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short quick book that reminds me of the O. Henry stories in the early 20th century. … New York: unmarried girl gives birth to a daughter and leaves it at a church with a note hoping her daughter will be adopted by a kind family. Baby is, instead, mistakenly stolen by a church burgler. Burgler tells his grandmother that the child is his and so girl is raised by the grandmother. Real mother eventually wants to reclaim daughter…….. It all comes together at Christmas.
Libby
I always enjoy this author. The characters were great! Sondra was a very interesting character that ended up giving up her baby to a church. Then there were 3 con artist in the book but will not mention the name of them because it will ruined the book. Please read this book I think you would enjoy it.
James Rody'
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
No soy mucho de leer este tipo de historias pero esta me ha sorprendido y encantado. Es estupendo como estas pistas inconexas al final nos ayudan a resolver este enigma. La detective Alvirah es increíble, capaz de resolver cualquier caso que le asignen. Junto con su esposo Willy, hace un gran equipo. Stellina es encantadora.
Una novela que está muy bien lograda. No le sobran ni faltan páginas.
Ily
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lessi questo breve romanzo parecchi anni fa e ricordo che mi piacque, sia per la scrittura, semplice e chiara, sia per quel tocco di delicatezza nell'affrontare le tematiche che presenta. Si legge veramente in poche ore. A distanza di tempo non smentisco questa impressione. Consigliato per chi ha voglia di svagarsi con qualche lettura leggera ma a tema natalizio :)
M Sue Shockey
I enjoyed it, but would prefer the other books by the author, i have read all of thea

of her books hard cover and on my kindle, looking forward to next one

That's all I have to ssysbout the book
Kinsey
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two mysteries rolled into one. Another problem solved by Christmas. I found this novel plenty enjoyable, nothing earth-shattering. Fun for the holiday season.
Eva
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biblioteca, cartacei
Una storiella mystery a sfondo natalizio. Carinissima!
Plum-crazy
A quick & easy read. Not as suspenseful as her longer novels but nevertheless entertaining....even though you know exactly how everything will pan out & the ending is a bit sugary!

Ester Elbert
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful christmas story with a bit of mistery
Patti
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good story for the holidays. quick read. i enjoyed it.
Sandra Tait
A good little Christmas story! Glad I re-read it!
Melanie
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy a good Mary Higgins Clark novel. I so enjoyed the characters Alvirah and Willy. I am definitely going to read more of their stories. Very enjoyable Christmas mystery.
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Popped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • The Christmas Box
  • A Christmas Secret (Christmas Stories, #4)
  • When Christmas Comes
  • Murder for Christmas
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...

Alvirah and Willy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Weep No More, My Lady
  • The Lottery Winner
  • Deck the Halls
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Santa Cruise: A Holiday Mystery at Sea
  • Dashing Through the Snow
  • I'll Walk Alone
  • The Lost Years
  • As Time Goes By (Alvirah and Willy, #10)
  • All by Myself, Alone

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • The Husband
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00
“live your life as if you may lose everything.” 115 likes
“Sometimes it's enough just to know that if you believe hard enough and long enough, your wishes can come true.” 1 likes