Start by marking “Witches Tarot (Llewellyn's Modern Witchcraft Series)” as Want to Read:
Witches Tarot (Llewellyn's Modern Witchcraft Series)

Witches Tarot (Llewellyn's Modern Witchcraft Series)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Here is Ellen Cannon Reed's clear and concise companion to The Witches Tarot, an innovative deck that blends Qabalistic symbolism with modern Pagan beliefs. This book provides the symbolism of the cards; divinatory meaning of the cards; associations of cards with letters, astrology, color, scent, gem, Qabalistic path; and more! Also included are sample tarot readings and s ...more
Paperback
Published September 8th 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (first published September 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Witches Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witches Tarot

Teleri
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: A student serious about Wicca & steeped in Western symbolism
Recommended to Teleri by: Barbara Sullivan
Shelves: tarot
This is my main deck. With vivid artwork steeped in both Wiccan and Qabalistic symbolism, I've read on this deck for everyone from High School kids hoping for sweethearts to serious fellow occultists & witches. The symbolism is so richly layered & clearly depicted that the cards read on whatever level of life the Querent is living. I've had terrifically accurate results with this deck ever since I started reading on it sometime in the 90's.
Karen Elizabeth
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got my first set of these cards when I was 18 (I'm almost 38 now). They were lost in a very horrible time in my life back in 2006. I purchased my next set (came with a free set and I gave that away to a friend of mine) a few years ago. The book that comes with this set is an added bonus! FIVE STARS!!!!!!
Onyx
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first working deck. I must have went through two or three of them before I decided to move on to another deck. Nice dark brilliant colors. Even thought this deck really isn't made for divining (it's actually made for pathworking), I enjoyed using it until the time came to pass it on.
Rae Coleman
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Skipped over the portion of the book concerning the paths. I was annoyed that the author didn't put in an illustration of the Tree, even though I have previously studied Kabbalah... I found it irritating to have to reference other books for something the author should have provided. Also, it seems as though most of the author's studies have just been through her own reading, not through working with an actual Kabbalah practitioner. I also found this irritating & her words less credible becau ...more
Teleri
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who owns the deck
Shelves: tarot
For all that I've always had amazing results with her deck, I'm underwhelmed by Reed's book in support of it.
Al
Christy A A.
rated it did not like it
Apr 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Priestess of the Isian Tradition of Witchcraft. She lived in Southern California. She was also the founder of the Internet Relay Chat Channel #witchcraft on Undernet.org network. Died from leukemia in 2003.
More about Ellen Cannon Reed...