Start by marking “Disney's The Lion King” as Want to Read:
Disney's The Lion King

Disney's The Lion King

Relive Walt Disney's 32nd full-length animated feature in this beautiful, hardcover, 96-page classic storybook that accurately captures the movie magic and places it right into a child's hands. With every turn of a page, adventure unfolds to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Published December 31st 1994 by Mouse Works (first published June 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Disney's The Lion King, please sign up.
Rico I think Simba is cute. He's adventurous and he looks like he isn't smart but, he is really smart. My favorite character(s) is (are) Timon and Pumbaa. …moreI think Simba is cute. He's adventurous and he looks like he isn't smart but, he is really smart. My favorite character(s) is (are) Timon and Pumbaa. They are best friends with Simba and they are hilarious. I also think Simba and Nara is a great couple. (less)

Start your review of Disney's The Lion King
Miloš
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rereading rereading rereading...
I really looooooooove my daughter. :-)
Aaron_ebert
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Aaron_ebert by: my mom

"The Lion King", by Don Ferguson, is a book about a young lion named Simba who goes from infant to adulthood, and the trials and tribulations he faces. The story begins with a huge celebration of Simba's birth throughout the land. It quickly progresses to when he's a cub and learns that he is the future king of the land. He goes out exploring past where his father gives him permission to and finds himself in a predicament, surrounded by 3 hyenas. His father bounds in and scares them away and war
Khanh
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute. I was curious to see what the novelization of the movie was like. The ending felt a bit rushed. Fun quick read when I got to it. The movie is way better.
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Lion King is one of my favourite Disney films and I loved reading it in book form.
Sam Shaneybrook
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Lion King is about a family of lions that go through a difficult time. The son (Simba) of the head lion (Mufasa) must step up and take over the family, but first he must over come his own self doubt. This is a great story for primary children, ages 5-8.The Lion King has good versus evil where good is the winner. The artist of this story did a great job. The pictures are big and colorful and can easily grab the child's attention. The pictures all help the child understand what is going on in ...more
Abby Yoder
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I remember when my mom used to read this book to me when I was really young. I love the story of the lions and how Simba over came his fear of thinking that he killed his father when he actually didn't. One of my favorites when I was a little girl.
Shirley Revill
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs, kids, animals, children
I bought a few of these books in the series. My kids and Grandkids loved them.
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-at-school
The book was a little long, but it did a good job summarizing the movie. The kids remembered watching the movie and some also watch The Lion Guard. They enjoyed roaring with the book. We read this after going to the zoo.
John Yelverton
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful adaptation of the fantastic and now classic Disney film. A great book for the whole family to read.
Yesenia
Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: isaac
It's a fine story with good illustrations. I gave it three stars because Simba's mother just disappeared from the story which is weird. My child keept asking me where is his mother? What am I supposed to say? His mother just left him??? Or his mother is not important to our story so we just don't see her??? Especially considering that in real life, the "kingdoms" of lions are led by female lions and not male ones. The story really should be about the Mother and Daughter, not Father/Son.

I know i
Sahuna Imran
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The 5 stars are for the movie the animated one not the real action.
I chose to give the rating to the movie and not the book because the movie is more detailed than the book.
I love the story, I even love the character of Scar and while growing up I couldn't understand how a brother would go against his own brother to become a king. Now that I am an adult I have seen it everywhere. The distribution of the fair share of inheritance is a rare scenario unfortunately.
Xuewei Wu
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book mainly talks about the following five aspects: 1. The greatness of father's love; 2. The kind side of people in trouble; 3. Praise the steadfastness of love and the importance of friendship; 4. Oppose the pursuit of fame and fortune; 5. The fragility and ugliness of human nature in front of interests.
Aamina
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this to a few kids today, they were interested to know if Scar actually died.
I didn't get to read or watch this in my childhood... better late than never.
Shanee Burnett
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book.....excellent for kids
Lauren
Cute story for kids who are fans of the movie.
Arza
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Very excellent adaptation of a wonderful movie.
Arielle foster
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
My brother love the movie.
Sophie Lauren phillips
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marlanda
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much. The hidden messages are great and the book in my opinion is better than the movie because you can use your imagination to visualize whatever you want.
Melissa Shea
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Traditional lit- This book talks about a little lion cub and that he will be the king someday.
Alaina Davidson
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a creative imaginative book that allows kids to cherish family. The illustrations bring the characters to life.
Blandine Carsalade
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Disney ever
Andy Rains
MusselmanBoys
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sawyer, carver
You can read through this story rather quickly which is important when you have children who are obsessed with the Lion King.
Liz Lowe
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great adaption of the movie.
Dhiya P
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is very riveting. It is about Simba the lion, son of Mufasa and how he becomes the king after killing his uncle who killed Mufasa.
Gianna Gaspard
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
awesome
Anushree Meena
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful memory from childhood ❤
Roultz Rmz
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Is a amazing and beautiful book.
Christine Meunier
A good retelling
« previous 1 3 4 next »
How to carry out Disneynow.com/activate? 1 1 Feb 18, 2019 03:28AM

• Disney's Sleeping Beauty
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Disney The Lion King (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid
  • Lady and the Tramp
  • Walt Disney's Peter Pan (A Little Golden Book)
  • Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs (A Little Golden Book)
  • Walt Disney's Dumbo (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (A Little Golden Book)
  • Finding Nemo
  • Disney Sleeping Beauty (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's The Lion King
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Pinocchio