Start by marking “Don't Want to Miss a Thing” as Want to Read:
Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Dexter Yates loves his fun, care-free London life; he has money, looks and girlfriends galore. But everything changes overnight when his sister dies, leaving him in charge of her eight-month-old daughter Delphi. How is he ever going to cope?

Comic-strip artist Molly Hayes lives in the beautiful Cotswold village of Briarwood. When it comes to relationships, she has a history
Published January 31st 2013 by Headline Review (first published January 1st 2013)

Start your review of Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Kathryn
Enjoyed this light entertaining story from Jill Mansell and well narrated by Clare Corbett. Life in a small town in England with a lot going on.
BestChickLit.com
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To me, reading a Jill Mansell novel is like that first satisfying sip of tea after a hard day and this one was, thankfully, no different – I settled down, started to read and just thought ‘Ahhhhhh!’ You quickly get to know the characters, which immediately enables you to become fully absorbed into their lives. Molly is a quirky artist living in a village where everyone knows your business and after a hilarious meet up between her and Dex they quickly form a ‘will they won’t they’ friendship with ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audiobook
Once I let go of my romance expectations, this went a lot smoother. Mansell hops perspectives a lot and there are a lot of romantic threads going with three foregrounded. There are two main characters, and the story centers on them mostly, but they make a bare majority of page-space and the story is correspondingly fragmented.

That said, I liked all the side characters and their perspectives didn't suck. And all the romances ended up being uniquely touching in one way or another, and I was engage
Kate’s Book Spot
Firstly I’d like to thank Helena from Headline Publishing Group for sending me this novel to read and give an honest review. Obviously I have heard of Jill Mansell and seen her books in the shops but I’ve never actually read one (I’m hanging my head in shame now), this meant that I wasn’t sure what to expect from it. Now I’ve finished I have just one question – why have I not read any of her books before? It really was my kind of book, it felt so natural and comfortable to read and right from th ...more
Tina
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you are just in the mood for a light, funny, improbable, quick read. These books fit the bill for that 100%. There is an added bonus that there is an almost stream-of-consciousness style to the storytelling so that you are never sure sometimes where the plot is going to lead or even who the next chapter is going to be about.

In this one we meet our fun loving, well off bachelor Dex. He is a playboy --- the type who has slept with women whose names he can't precisely recall. Normally I h
Andrea
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Rounding up to 4 Stars

This audiobook is all these things: smiley, cozy, small town, and narrated with British accents (I got you with that last one, eh?!). When I wasn't listening to it, I wanted to be. Completely satisfying.
Amy
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, it was better than I expected. But I also did not expect to get past the first chapter, so we are talking a seriously low bar here.
I'm a sucker for the "crazy playboy becomes guardian of baby" trope and went in expecting to enjoy the predictable transformation and inevitable romance between him and the woman who sticks with him. In a sense, Don't Want to Miss a Thing did not disappoint. Or maybe it did because it contained sooooo much angst and miscommunication to reach the predictable en
Clare
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What I love about Jill Mansell, is that you are always guaranteed a good book and I was definitely not disappointed with ‘Don’t Want To Miss A Thing’. It was everything that you want and need in a chick lit novel: witty, fun, well written and pure escapism.

Dexter Yates is the guy who gets all the girls but should be avoided at all costs. He works hard but plays hard. However this all changes after the sudden death of his elder sister Laura who leaves behind an eight month old baby, Delphi. In th
Bookworman
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-com-heaven
I loved this book! What a joy to read! Laugh out loud funny, great love stories, family challenges, and a nice, happy ending. Definitely a future re-read.

So far I’ve liked Mansell’s “Rumor Has It”, didn’t like “Take a Chance on Me”, but 2 out of three ain’t bad ((as Meatloaf has said) so I’m going to try another.
Alexandra
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this one on a recent holiday!
Zel Polev
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Angie
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun, quirky, light-hearted novel from Jill Mansell. I love the quintessential British feel to her books. They are a great escape and never (well almost never!) fail to entertain.

This particular one has really great "side stories" too so that helped me to bump up the rating. I was interested in all the villagers lives and how they would all end up. I'm not going to rehash the book blurb as you can clearly read it on the book page. As I've said before in reviewing her books, the morals ar
Marleen
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This read was an absolute pleasant surprise. I had seen some of Jill Mansell's books translated into Dutch, so looked up the original (EN) version, and gave this one a try. I genuinely enjoyed many aspects of this story. There was something very British about it. Remarkably, it was neither too shallow, nor too uppity - It really had the right amount of humor and humanity about it. The characters gave off an authentic feel albeit featuring in a very "feel-good" story.
For a story synopsis and more
Morgan
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Maheswari
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ finding your soulmate

Well oh well .... this book makes me laugh so much
Molly and Dex definitely shake my world

The things that suck all my tears is what happened to Amber

This book is like finding “ Love Actually “ movie in utter perfect level than the movie itself

This is my first read of this author and pretty sure will read more of her book
Rebecca
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"The things that go on in this quiet little village."

Welcome to Briarwood. A sleepy little village, hidden away from the strains and stresses of the everyday life of the city. Dexter Yates is the typical ladies man, leap-frogging from woman to woman, spending nights in bars & clubs with his mates, and generally just living the perfectly sculpted bachelor lifestyle. Whilst spending some quality time in bed with his latest lady friend, Dexter's phone rings. After checking the screen, he an
Rea Cobb
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have only read a couple of books by Jill Mansell, the covers always appeal to me and although I enjoyed her previous books they have never seemed to leave a lasting impression on me.

I loved the synopsis of the book it sounded like my kind of read and again the cover of Don't Want to Miss a Thing is one that would reach out to me from the shelves.

Elaine

A single, hot British guy with a baby?
Yep, Ms Mansell has hit the jackpot (in the eyes of us females at least) once again with her male lead in this latest novel.

To be fair, I did like this book. For the most part, it appealed to the hopeless romantic in me, and I mean, I have a terribly weak spot for british men... And babies. Molly was a pretty likeable character too, as with most of Mansell's female leads. I did also like the side characters and their own little romances.

But unfortu
Mary
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't read chick-lit, of course I wouldn't...

which is why Jill Mansell is one of my guiltiest pleasures.

Unrealistically gorgeous/rich/witty/and just plain nice characters that you just wish were your friends, check; star-crossed lovers, check; improbable plot lines keeping the aforesaid star-crossed lovers, well, star-crossed, check; effortless reading, check; and of course happy endings (at least four), check. And a huge happy sigh.

I think this is probably the best Jill Mansell I've thus fa
Peri
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think everyone has an author that becomes the comfy joggers and blankie of their reading habits and Jill Mansell is mine. This latest offering from her doesn't disappoint on any level. It has sentences of lovely imagery that I think sometimes get lost in the pace of the characters lives and her story telling but they are there like little hidden gems or the free gift in the cereal box. Her characters in this book have a lovely mix of the gorgeous and the real, and gorgeous ones get nice doses ...more
AudreyLovesParis
Jan 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Life is too short to read bad books. I got about two thirds of the way through this book and decided my time was too valuable to continue reading it. Poor writing, too many unnecessary characters, no real character development and a plot that defies reality. I am not a fan of chic-lit and this book is just too much air and no substance.
Sara
Feb 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars Somewhat predictable and happy, but isn't that why I read these kinds of books? ...more
Carolyn  Storer
This was my first Jill Mansell. Nothing special but it was a nice cosy story with likeable characters. Will definitely try more from this author. Well read by one of my favourite narrators.
 Marla
There was a LOT going on in this book and much of it was good fun. I'm kind of a prude so the falling into bed with hour old acquaintances was a bit unsettling for me, but I enjoyed the light, humorous story. It seemed really long to me with all these plots and characters, but I was surprised at how much the author got in 352 pages or in my case, 12 hours and 8 minutes.

Interesting that most of the guys are decent and Dex, our hero is the biggest cad, unless you count Joe's monumental deception.
Ana
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yes, Mansell's books have a formula. They are English village romances with a cast of quirky characters that, at the end of the book, all find love. But you know what? The world is a complete cluster right now so I'm okay wishing that the bartender meets a nice guy finally and the girl gets the guy who gets his sh*t together. Okay?

Sometimes it's okay to want the reliable narrator with a predictable outcome with just the right number of "oh, no!" twists and turns. Because the world is on fire, p
David Snape
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a book that was given to me from a raffle at the Going Forward Music Festival in Spalding and I thought, ok I will give it a try. It’s about a guy called Dexter who has moved away from the city to live life at a quieter area called Briarwood. Meeting characters that tests out relationships and friendships along with taking care of a 8 month baby called Delphi, bought to him when her sister past away. Not a keen lover on romantic stories and this wasn’t too bad, should have been a 3 star ...more
Carole Hearn
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was adorable. Just what I needed in these surreal times. It was a warm hug and simply beautiful. I fell in love with Dexter and Molly as the story took place as well as all the other characters in Briarwood.
Angela W
Aug 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book one bit. It has too many holes and skips in stories, so not impressed. I won't be reading Jill Mansell books amymore. ...more
Rene
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
This book could have been a four star, but there is no part of what Joe did that should be understood. While I am glad there is civility, to suggest it should be excused or acceptable is really an awful story line.
Vlada
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lost-interest
DNF at about 30%. Too formulaic, the plot's been done to death before. Meh. ...more
Good story 3 25 May 08, 2014 01:46AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Jill Mansell 1 2 Feb 01, 2014 02:52PM

• The Beach Café (The Beach Café, #1)
  • Wedding Night
  • Plankenkoorts
  • Summer With My Sister
  • Simplesmente Nova York (Para Nova York, com amor Livro 4)
  • Sunny Days and Sea Breezes
  • Little Beach Street Bakery (Little Beach Street Bakery #1)
  • Recipe for Love
  • A French Affair
  • My One True North
  • Amor Sob Encomenda
  • I'll Take New York
  • The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
  • The Saturday Morning Park Run
  • I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
  • 500 Miles from You (Scottish Bookshop, #3)
Jill Mansell lives with her partner and children in Bristol, and writes full time. Actually that’s not true; she watches TV, eats fruit gums, admires the rugby players training in the sports field behind her house, and spends hours on the internet marvelling at how many other writers have blogs. Only when she’s completely run out of displacement activities does she write.

Jill Mansell's books have